Justin Hodges CB 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I finally read the article...So he was offered (says his coach knew earlier), but he found out about the offer AFTER the opening...So I assume our staff knows what he ran.

Advertisement
Bring this kid to paradise and do a faster man competition or see if he can keep up in drills. If he goes against Fleming in a race or drills, we will get our answer on his speed.

I think the staff is being a little lazy with the CB search in the state of florida. You have to look high and lower to find them gems. You have to look at kids thats playing qb for his team but is a natural athlete. You have to find that wr that you think will make a great CB.

We did last year and everyone on the board was upset and then was ecstatic when he was dropped.

Advertisement
I may be in the minority but I’d like 3 CB’s and of the 3 I would prefer if only one of them were this boundary type like this kid/Harrel/Bermudez. I also like Harrel and Bermudez a tad more. This kid does have impressive tape but that 4.89 40 at 155 pounds is very difficult to ignore ..
For some reason Harrell is giving me diva vibes lately

Reactions: JMG
Advertisement
@Coach Macho what’s your honest opinion? Take?
I would continue to evaluate.
I'm not too concerned about his forty time right now. He has LENGTH and athleticism that you can't teach. How many 6'2" CB's down here? (that can do back flips lol)

Sometimes it's okay to compromise speed for length. (see Richard Sherman) A 6'2" kid with long arms playing the boundary doesn't need to be that fast.

If I remember correctly, Diaz told my buddy that Hodges is currently the 3rd CB on their board.

Advertisement
I would continue to evaluate.
I'm not too concerned about his forty time right now. He has LENGTH and athleticism that you can't teach. How many 6'2" CB's down here? (that can do back flips lol)

Sometimes it's okay to compromise speed for length. (see Richard Sherman) A 6'2" kid with long arms playing the boundary doesn't need to be that fast.

If I remember correctly, Diaz told my buddy that Hodges is currently the 3rd CB on their board.

Who’s 1 and 2.

Based on?
I follow a of these kids on social media and you can honestly tell the ones that legit want to be a cane and the ones that wanna get df out. Based on how he answers questions and talks about the U I don’t get the vibe of a future cane. I think others would agree.

Advertisement
With the Cane offer, Hodges lists Miami as his clear favorite.

“It’s just the history behind it, and all my family, cousins went there or go there now,” Hodges said.

That family? The Blades’.

Al Blades Jr. is his cousin on his mother’s side.

“That connection makes it a very high chance I’ll be a Hurricane,” Hodges said.

He anticipates announcing a decision “after this spring.”

“I have a Miami visit coming up March 24th for the junior day (at UM),” Hodges said.

With the Cane offer, Hodges lists Miami as his clear favorite.

“It’s just the history behind it, and all my family, cousins went there or go there now,” Hodges said.

That family? The Blades’.

Al Blades Jr. is his cousin on his mother’s side.

“That connection makes it a very high chance I’ll be a Hurricane,” Hodges said.

He anticipates announcing a decision “after this spring.”

“I have a Miami visit coming up March 24th for the junior day (at UM),” Hodges said.
Brian Blades Jr plays for Western too, he's a 2021 CB that plays opposite of Hodges.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back