Justin flowe

Just curious, and I’m not a huge Mario guy or anything like that...but who do you think would come to Miami that is much better than a conference Champion coach that went 10-2? Honest question...who do you think Miami could poach that’s better than him? I can’t wait to hear this. Literally, there isn’t ONE P5 coach that is winning more than Mario that would leave his school to come to UM, not one. There has only been 2 HEAD coaches to leave their P5 program to go coach another one in like the past 5 years. Jimbo because you know, 75 million and Mullen because that’s an obvious step up + ties to UF. I could be forgetting one more, but bottom line is it is EXTREMELY rare. But you think we could do better than Mario? With this ****** administration? Nah boss, but please...who do you think would be better? And no coordinator with zero HC experience is better than him. Could they be? Sure, but you can’t say they are better than him right now with no experience. And if you get to naming G5 coaches then I’m going to say no there too but still curious to hear your names. Please, humor me. I’ll hang up and listen.
Obviously, the admin would have to go. But when you never even do a search to begin with, it’s hard illustrate which coaches you are capable of landing.

Miami will always be an attractive destination due to its weather and fertile recruiting ground. If you pay the right kind of money, you can nab a high quality coach.

And I’m going to push back a little on your idea that a coordinator wouldn’t work. If you hire the right coordinator, he will win here. The problem is we’ve settled for **** over the years.

Advertisement
Interesting to see all the sucking off of Mario's recruiting prowess when he has a class of 22 which is two more than Miami's and is behind Miami in class ranking on almost every site. Also behind Miami's average per player ranking at this point. Got a class of 14 3-stars during a Rose Bowl season. Mario is gonna need Flowe if he doesn't want to wind up ranking behind the 6-6 dopes that populate our coaching staff. Mario aint special as a recruiter. He's fine

Miami would have a Top 10 class right now with Mario.

You think all these High P5 lineman in South Florida going anywhere else this year? And his name has more pull Nationally than anyone on staff.

Obviously, the admin would have to go. But when you never even do a search to begin with, it’s hard illustrate which coaches you are capable of landing.

Miami will always be an attractive destination due to its weather and fertile recruiting ground. If you pay the right kind of money, you can nab a high quality coach.

And I’m going to push back a little on your idea that a coordinator wouldn’t work. If you hire the right coordinator, he will win here. The problem is we’ve settled for **** over the years.
And to give you a specific name....I think a guy like Gundy would think long and hard about an offer from us. It’s **** near impossible for him to get over the hump at Oklahoma State, so he might eventually look to move on for the right price.

Understood, but that’s the huge wildcard. The admin would have to be blown up, but the chances of that happening? So yeah, we *could* do much better, but you aren’t really saying anything if you have that unlikely wildcard attached to it. We *could* hire Urban Meyer if we offered him a 5 year 75 million dollar contract, but the chances of that happening are only slightly lesser than the chances of us blowing up our admin.

And I didn’t say a coordinator couldn’t do better. I clearly say they could be. I just said it’s unknown. So to say a coordinator with no experience is better than Mario right now would just be false, simply because we don’t know. That’s all I’m saying.

Advertisement
And to give you a specific name....I think a guy like Gundy would think long and hard about an offer from us. It’s **** near impossible for him to get over the hump at Oklahoma State, so he might eventually look to move on for the right price.

I actually don’t disagree w that, but he has had tons of offers in the past, is an OSU lifer and getting paid comfortably. We would have to ante up, and I just don’t think we would.

You think all these High P5 lineman in South Florida going anywhere else this year? And his name has more pull Nationally than anyone on staff.
Easy to say since he's not actually down here recruiting as the Miami HC. Richt had a bigger name than Mario and yet south Florida told him no plenty. His name means more than the 6-6 crew? That aint a high bar.

Understood, but that’s the huge wildcard. The admin would have to be blown up, but the chances of that happening? So yeah, we *could* do much better, but you aren’t really saying anything if you have that unlikely wildcard attached to it. We *could* hire Urban Meyer if we offered him a 5 year 75 million dollar contract, but the chances of that happening are only slightly lesser than the chances of us blowing up our admin.

And I didn’t say a coordinator couldn’t do better. I clearly say they could be. I just said it’s unknown. So to say a coordinator with no experience is better than Mario right now would just be false, simply because we don’t know. That’s all I’m saying.
I hear ya, dude. I agree with a lot of what you say.

Advertisement
Clemson offered Romello Brinson this week. I had never heard of him, so went to your board to see what people had said about him. I saw this thread, which is obviously of mutual interest, and went in, because I've always liked the Miami fans I've met. I was surprised by the toxicity and vitriol, and decided to make an account and respond after that one guy insulted the school and its graduates (which is completely unrelated to football and uncalled for) and was objectively wrong about many of the "facts" he was claiming.

tenor (18).gif

Only middle aged mothers care about USNWR rankings. Academics is something like 20% of the criteria they use when making the rankings and no businesses actually care about those rankings. Graduation rate and freshman retention rate don't have any bearing on how important their degree is.

GPAs are not standardized. UM has a massive amount of kids from NY, NJ, CT, MD, and New England. Those high schools are significantly harder than the schools filled with trailer trash in South Carolina. So I would hope the low lives that go to Clemson would have higher GPAs than the kids at Miami.

Being the top rated school in SC is nothing to be proud of considering no one with money wants to live in that schit hole.

Starting salaries also don't matter at all either. You could have a UM grad making 60K fresh out of college working as an associate, but in 5 years he will be making 7 figures . Then you have a kid from Clemson who goes and gets a blue collar job at Bill Bobs factory getting paid 80k a year with all the OT, but he will barely crack 6 figures after 5 years at that job.

I have no reason to brag to a poor imbecile that graduated from Clemson, but tons of members here know me personally and what I do for a living. A Clemson degree is laughed at in the financial world. You will never find a recent Clemson grad with a front office Wall Street job.

Unless your name is Tom Chapman you do not make more than me or make higher level hires than I do. So maybe you should go and talk to actual successful people and get a real grasp of the topic before responding.

tenor (19).gif

Really? With what money? U realize MARIO has had Bama and Oregon money to recruit with right?
Who’s mighty Oregon with all that money playing in the national playoff again? Oh yeah they’re not in it.

Advertisement
Who’d they beat outside of an overrated Utah team? Stanford sucks and UW won 7 games. They lost to ASU!!! Their best win was against an 8 win USC team with a lame duck head coach. When they had their chance they blew it fa Auburn. Outside of recruiting and OL,
The guy still has way more to prove as a HC.
They gave up 30 to Washington and wazzu

Some of y’all must think Urban Meyer is a realistic option?? No he’s not and taking a chance with a HC from a non power 5 school or Offensive coordinator that has never been a HC aren’t better options than Mario Cristobal

Advertisement
For the people who keep saying Mario has Nike money and he wouldn’t be **** without that etc... Question....Oregon has had Phil Knight backing them for years...why was last year their highest recruiting class in their programs history? They are 16 now, if they land Flowe that probably pushes them to top 10. I’m not sure who else they are expected to close with, but back to back top 10 classes I’m pretty sure has never been done at Oregon. So if it’s just the Nike money like most keep trying to say, why are they just now recruiting at a level they’ve never recruited at? Even when Chip was there and they were competing for national championships, honest question. Again, I’m not crazy about Mario’s coaching ability either, but at the end of the day..I think it’s insane to say he can’t recruit and to try to attribute all of his recruiting success to “bags”. Oregon has always had bags, but they’ve never recruited like this. And yes, they are behind us now, but let’s see how we both finish...because that’s all that matters right?

PS, I’m actually pleased with our recruited outside of the huge OL failure and the lack of CBS. We have some absolute studs in this class for a potentially 6-7 team.

Some of y’all must think Urban Meyer is a realistic option?? No he’s not and taking a chance with a HC from a non power 5 school or Offensive coordinator that has never been a HC aren’t better options than Mario Cristobal
Man stop. Lol at you hyping Mario.

HE WOULDN’T RECRUIT THE SAME WAY HERE !!!

Stop asking for him. Ask for a evaluator/developer like Dave Clawson from Wake Forest. People like you are the reason we end up with the Al Golden’s and Manny Diaz’s of the world.

Advertisement
Back