Just to put things in perspective. The NCAA investigation...

Advertisement
Whatever the sanctions are we need to accept them and never look back.

Absolutely not! Big surprise gamineal liked your post. Troll and Troll.

**** you....when they come down with their so called penalties you gonna cry and run to mommy dearest I wouldnt think so......We have to move on and get ready for FAU....99% of the REAL fans have started looking forward and not looked back....Al has been preaching this since 2011 move on, nothing you or I or anyone can do..NOTHING..so butch up and lets what you are made of when the day comes...Rok and I will be waiting ooops Trolling...BTW I liked your post

12 schollies over 4 years.

That's 12% of our adjusted gross. That's not peanuts.

This. It's the 4 years that really hurts us. That's an awful long time to deal with scholly limits. IF, say, that rumor were true then

This year, we can have 85 athletes
In 2014 we could have 82 athletes
In 2015 we could have 79 athletes
In 2016 we could have 76 athletes
In 2017 we could have 73 athletes!!

Usually with these scholarship reductions, they don't allow you to make up for attrition either, so chances are we would be in the 60's.

So we're trying to build for the future, but with only 73 athletes on scholarship in 2017 we literally would have no depth at all. Then, in 2018, we would have to sign a MONSTER class, bringing in 35+ kids.

2018 would be a repeat of last year.

It basically screws our program for a long time moving forward.

You must be using that Florida State math.

We, also could choose to use all 12 in one year and be done with it.
You are also allowed to sign 28, with the assumption that some wont qualify.
We can also do like we did when we got hammered for the pell grants, and give academic scholarships.
I might be wrong on this, but I seem to remember Dan Morgan initially playing with us on a non football scholarship.
I'd throw it in the NCAA's face and sign 22 a year to football scholarships, then give academic rides to 3 guys with 820 SAT's and call the 3 national recruits walk ons.

This. It's the 4 years that really hurts us. That's an awful long time to deal with scholly limits. IF, say, that rumor were true then

Usually with these scholarship reductions, they don't allow you to make up for attrition either, so chances are we would be in the 60's.

So we're trying to build for the future, but with only 73 athletes on scholarship in 2017 we literally would have no depth at all. Then, in 2018, we would have to sign a MONSTER class, bringing in 35+ kids.

We can also do like we did when we got hammered for the pell grants, and give academic scholarships.
I might be wrong on this, but I seem to remember Dan Morgan initially playing with us on a non football scholarship.
I'd throw it in the NCAA's face and sign 22 a year to football scholarships, then give academic rides to 3 guys with 820 SAT's and call the 3 national recruits walk ons.

Man you guys are putting some work in on what might or might not be coming down the pike....Good Job
there is so much behind the scenes that we are all clueless on when it comes to schollies and recruits, walk ons etc....

Not to bring facts into this or anything, but both the Freeh report and the 9/11 report were performed by an independent party or committee. If we wanted to get screwed quickly we would have to do it ourselves.

As much as I hate the NCAA and believe they have been out to ***** us, their budget is laughable for what they are tasked with doing, and talent retention has been extremely difficult for them, which is at least part of the problem. Besides, if they are still trying to ***** us, delaying the release of the decision a few weeks is annoying but doesn't really affect us on any level.

Also, this is an interesting article on the USC scholarship reductions. It is in keeping with the theory that 12 over 4 means only signing 22 a year with an 82 player max. Compared to what USC had to deal with it is pretty good. Finally, for all of you SEC conspiracists, it offers a reminder that pre-Penn State and USC, 'bama was the last program to get smacked with major reductions.

I am perfectly happy to be negged for reasonableness.

Last edited:
Advertisement

@Ernie you realize that's a 30 scholarship deduction right? Lol donna ain't having that ****!

**** you....when they come down with their so called penalties you gonna cry and run to mommy dearest I wouldnt think so......We have to move on and get ready for FAU....99% of the REAL fans have started looking forward and not looked back....Al has been preaching this since 2011 move on, nothing you or I or anyone can do..NOTHING..so butch up and lets what you are made of when the day comes...Rok and I will be waiting ooops Trolling...BTW I liked your post

An appeal like S. Florida did was hardly a distraction. It helped them a bunch too. If all we get is some scolly losses unless its vary minor we have nothing to lose at all. Won't effect who we have or who we get. Take it up the butt n move on is hardly the Canes style. But it seems minor to you because u like it up the butt.

@Ernie you realize that's a 30 scholarship deduction right? Lol donna ain't having that ****!

Man I hope you guys are right cause if it's really just 3 a year, 82 cap, we'll barely notice that.

I thought I remembered that it compounds every year though, so it's 3 ADDITIONAL schollies every year. Anyways, we'll see. Hopefully I'm wrong.

Also.... rudebuddha..... I think they closed the track scholarship loophole. Man we abused the **** out of that one last time lulz. Santana Moss wasn't on a football scholarship? Hahahaha.

Hope we can find another loophole again.

Advertisement

An appeal like S. Florida did was hardly a distraction. It helped them a bunch too. If all we get is some scolly losses unless its vary minor we have nothing to lose at all. Won't effect who we have or who we get. Take it up the butt n move on is hardly the Canes style. But it seems minor to you because u like it up the butt.

Okay you win....nite nite...

This **** is ridiculous... we're talking about Night Clubs and Free Dinners. Oh and an abortion.

UNC had players getting grades for classes that didnt exist and improper contact w/ sports agents.... 1 year bowl ban.

T. Pryor and OSU players were receiving thousands of dollars a WEEK and riding around in new cars week.... they had to payback $7,555 even though they received much more then that in cash and other benefits.... Ohio state gets only a 1 year Bowl Ban.

USCw Reggie Bush and members of his family received free airfare, free limousine rides, a car, and a rent-free home in San Diego, from sports agents) and they only received a 2 year bowl ban....

Miami has self imposed a bowl ban for 2 years for ex current players that received cash and other benefits that total a whopping $3,666.

Yeah some ppl snitched but on what of significance???....

A. Dubose and the Brown Brothers ate some bar-b-que at a mansion?? Wtf is that??

Kyle Wright snitched but not only was his testimony obtained improperly but we're only talking about $1,824 of "impermissible" benefits. So we got a grand total of $5,490 of impermissible benefits...STAGGERING. Now compare that amount to OSU.... and their amount is less than what Terrelle Pryor received on his own in one season. smh

Lol man Miami should sue even if the NCAA just gives us time served

Man I hope you guys are right cause if it's really just 3 a year, 82 cap, we'll barely notice that.

I thought I remembered that it compounds every year though, so it's 3 ADDITIONAL schollies every year. Anyways, we'll see. Hopefully I'm wrong.

Also.... rudebuddha..... I think they closed the track scholarship loophole. Man we abused the **** out of that one last time lulz. Santana Moss wasn't on a football scholarship? Hahahaha.

Dude, academic scholarships.
Find some beastly athletes who, intellectually, would make Devin Hester look like Stephen Hawking.
Community college grads, who scored like a 440 on the SAT in high school, but somehow got that Associates Degree.
Bring their asses in.
Might go against our principles.
Just saw a cnnsi.com article on football and academics. Miami was top 5 in graduation % something like 94%.
For all you people who say our standards are too high. The article said Stanford requires all their commits to complete at least 2 AP classes their senior year.
Makes our 820 SAT requirement seem pretty minor.

Advertisement

Dude, academic scholarships.
Find some beastly athletes who, intellectually, would make Devin Hester look like Stephen Hawking.
Community college grads, who scored like a 440 on the SAT in high school, but somehow got that Associates Degree.
Bring their asses in.
Might go against our principles.
Just saw a cnnsi.com article on football and academics. Miami was top 5 in graduation % something like 94%.
For all you people who say our standards are too high. The article said Stanford requires all their commits to complete at least 2 AP classes their senior year.
Makes our 820 SAT requirement seem pretty minor.

Powell could definitely be on an academic schollie. Dude has a 4.0+. Same with Berrios with whatever school he chooses to play for. Vilma was and Academic All American while he was here. The student athletes are out there, we have a few now. It's possible to do in the near future as well.

Advertisement
I don't believe the scholarships compound. Oregan lost 3 scholarship, 1 a year I believe. We just need to win the games.

Advertisement
Back