Just to put things in perspective. The NCAA investigation...

Advertisement
I don't believe the scholarships compound. Oregan lost 3 scholarship, 1 a year I believe. We just need to win the games.

They lost 2.

They self-imposed 3.

Really hammered themselves there.
Just means one year they will have to make a kicker walk on with cheap in state tuition, until they full ride him the next year.

Didn't they knowingly bribe a street agent with 10's of thousands of dollars to sign a top running back?

I guess that must be minor, like making a couple extra text messages, or giving a recruit a couple extra donuts on a visit.

12 schollies over 4 years.

That's 12% of our adjusted gross. That's not peanuts.

This. It's the 4 years that really hurts us. That's an awful long time to deal with scholly limits. IF, say, that rumor were true then

This year, we can have 85 athletes
In 2014 we could have 82 athletes
In 2015 we could have 79 athletes
In 2016 we could have 76 athletes
In 2017 we could have 73 athletes!!

Usually with these scholarship reductions, they don't allow you to make up for attrition either, so chances are we would be in the 60's.

So we're trying to build for the future, but with only 73 athletes on scholarship in 2017 we literally would have no depth at all. Then, in 2018, we would have to sign a MONSTER class, bringing in 35+ kids.

2018 would be a repeat of last year.

It basically screws our program for a long time moving forward.

You must be using that Florida State math.

We, also could choose to use all 12 in one year and be done with it.
You are also allowed to sign 28, with the assumption that some wont qualify.
We can also do like we did when we got hammered for the pell grants, and give academic scholarships.
I might be wrong on this, but I seem to remember Dan Morgan initially playing with us on a non football scholarship.
I'd throw it in the NCAA's face and sign 22 a year to football scholarships, then give academic rides to 3 guys with 820 SAT's and call the 3 national recruits walk ons.

@Ernie you realize that's a 30 scholarship deduction right? Lol donna ain't having that ****!

Man I hope you guys are right cause if it's really just 3 a year, 82 cap, we'll barely notice that.

I thought I remembered that it compounds every year though, so it's 3 ADDITIONAL schollies every year. Anyways, we'll see. Hopefully I'm wrong.

Also.... rudebuddha..... I think they closed the track scholarship loophole. Man we abused the **** out of that one last time lulz. Santana Moss wasn't on a football scholarship? Hahahaha.

Hope we can find another loophole again.

Ernie - you are wrong buddy. just sit down and try to think about it.

as others said, it all depends on the class sizes (Sr, Jr, etc) and early departures. losing 12 schollies over 4 years DOES NOT mean that we'd be at 73 in year 4.

Fuggin this. Double digits, and we riot.

**** 12. that is too much

9 is the most i'd accept without rioting

I'm still trying to figure out how he came up with"12% of our adjusted growth."
Adjusted for what? Inflation?

12 scholarships out of a possible 3 year total of 255 scholarships at 85/year is like 4.7%.
I'm not a statistician, but where does 12% come from?

I even fuucked up the math and did 12 over 3 years. You calculate it over 4 and the number gets to 3.5%.

Last edited:
Advertisement

Fuggin this. Double digits, and we riot.

**** 12. that is too much

9 is the most i'd accept without rioting

I'm still trying to figure out how he came up with"12% of our adjusted growth."
Adjusted for what? Inflation?

12 scholarships out of a possible 3 year total of 255 scholarships at 85/year is like 4.7%.
I'm not a statistician, but where does 12% come from?

3/25 = .12 = 12%

Only read the OP's post, which is spot on. I'd just like to simply add MF the NCAA. Now please continue as you were.

We are getting ****ed on only because who we are, not what we did. It is what it is at this point. I just hope Donna is prepared to do whatever it takes to make us righteous.

If they come with just a few schollies lost, she should accept just to get it over with. Anything more and I don't care about the "cloud". These ******** need to get taken to court by a champ like Donna and have their whole Mickey Mouse organization brought the **** down.

[video]http://m.youtube.com/index?&desktop_uri=%2F#/watch?v=BKO6xQK0_yQ[/video]

Just end this ****, dammit.

Last edited:
Advertisement
crossover22[]_[];1560475 said:
I've said it for months now. It will be september before they announce anything. They know the public hates them right now. They will wait till football starts so espn isnt showing just our penalties all day every day. They don't need the negative attention.

Mark it down. September.

You could be right!

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back