Just heard...

Miami recruits the wrong type of kids for college. That's the bottom line. All kids at the top BCS schools want to go to the league... but Miami guys take it to another level.

Even dudes like Portis, Gore, Parrish, etc... that were not 1st round grades have no problem jumping ship at the first sign of getting the **** out of school.

We will never win big again if we don't have some contributing 4th and 5th year kids.

As for Streeter:

Worst thing for him is the death of Al Davis. They'd have scooped him up early.

I'll be surprised if he gets drafted on Saturday. Then again.. I was surprised when DVD went on Day 2 as well.

Advertisement
One decent year and he wants to turn pro.

Call me crazy but hes not ready to make plays in the NFL yet. He would benefit greatly from another year at Miami football wise and for his bank account

One decent year and he wants to turn pro.

Call me crazy but hes not ready to make plays in the NFL yet. He would benefit greatly from another year at Miami football wise and for his bank account

I agree, just now started to play like a football player. Just needs some more seasoning.

Read a bizarre quote on Twitter: Streeter is going pro because "he's not getting any bigger or faster."

Huh? This is the exact OPPOSITE reasoning he should be using. That line of thinking applies to guys like Sean Spence and Brandon Harris, who have average measurables but are great football players. Streeter can still improve the things he can change.

Advertisement
Read a bizarre quote on Twitter: Streeter is going pro because "he's not getting any bigger or faster."

Huh? This is the exact OPPOSITE reasoning he should b eusing. That line of thinking applies to guys like Sean Spence and Brandon Harris, who have average measurables but are great football players. Streeter can still improve the things he can change.

Agreed

Miami recruits the wrong type of kids for college. That's the bottom line. All kids at the top BCS schools want to go to the league... but Miami guys take it to another level.

Even dudes like Portis, Gore, Parrish, etc... that were not 1st round grades have no problem jumping ship at the first sign of getting the **** out of school.

We will never win big again if we don't have some contributing 4th and 5th year kids.

As for Streeter:

Worst thing for him is the death of Al Davis. They'd have scooped him up early.

I'll be surprised if he gets drafted on Saturday. Then again.. I was surprised when DVD went on Day 2 as well.
Mbecks, good to see you over here. Esfethnic

Streeter reminds me of the very talented 6 round fighter in boxing, who thinks he's really ready for 10 and 12 round main events( and they aren't, quite yet)

This loss really hurts. No two ways about it

Streeter reminds me of the very talented 6 round fighter in boxing, who thinks he's really ready for 10 and 12 round main events( and they aren't, quite yet)

This loss really hurts. No two ways about it

It definitely hurts. We need someone else to step up in the WR corps the way Street did this year. He came out of nowhere.

Advertisement

A lot of this has to do with the socio-economical backgrounds of a lot of kids UM recruits.

Rumor is Forston left for financial reasons

A lot of this has to do with the socio-economical backgrounds of a lot of kids UM recruits.

Rumor is Forston left for financial reasons

That would make sense if Forston was a draftable player; but he isn't. He either got pushed out, or he's a nimwit. One or the other. Maybe both.

He just cost himself millions of dollars.

As a relatively raw, but talented player, let's presume he's a late second rounder (ala Randall Cobb #64).

He'll pick up a contract of something like 4 years for 3-3.5M with just under a 1M signing bonus.

Had he waited a year, worked on his routes, shown consistent production and played up the pre-season hype, let's presume he's a late first rounder (ala Jonathon Baldwin #26).

He'd pick up a contract of something like 4 years for 7.55M with just under a 4M signing bonus.

The Streeters (father & son) supposedly pride themselves on "making their own decisions" and taking an intellectual approach to things. This is not evidence of that. Awful decision, IMO.

/and I'm a guy who usually encourages the kids to go get paid

And if he stays and ***** up his knee for example? The benefits of staying don't outweigh the costs

You go to the draft in this situation, if you're good you get a pay raise after some years just like any job

He just cost himself millions of dollars.

As a relatively raw, but talented player, let's presume he's a late second rounder (ala Randall Cobb #64).

He'll pick up a contract of something like 4 years for 3-3.5M with just under a 1M signing bonus.

Had he waited a year, worked on his routes, shown consistent production and played up the pre-season hype, let's presume he's a late first rounder (ala Jonathon Baldwin #26).

He'd pick up a contract of something like 4 years for 7.55M with just under a 4M signing bonus.

The Streeters (father & son) supposedly pride themselves on "making their own decisions" and taking an intellectual approach to things. This is not evidence of that. Awful decision, IMO.

/and I'm a guy who usually encourages the kids to go get paid

And if he stays and ***** up his knee for example? The benefits of staying don't outweigh the costs

You go to the draft in this situation, if you're good you get a pay raise after some years just like any job

But once that rookie contract expires, based on his position, he'll likely have opportunity for only one big contract after that. Once you hit 30, little in way of guaranteed money.

Advertisement
Eh, there are cases to be made...both sides, to stay and go.

If you go early, you may not get drafted very high.
If you don't go early, you may damage whatever stock you had, whether its poor play or an injury.
If you don't go early, you could make more money with a better season.

I think a lot of kids get bad advice...you should leave when your stock is the highest, IMO...but, mot kids have an inflated idea of their worth to the NFL.

Huh? This is the exact OPPOSITE reasoning he should be using. That line of thinking applies to guys like Sean Spence and Brandon Harris, who have average measurables but are great football players. Streeter can still improve the things he can change.

Didn't see this until today...wtf is streets thinking here? This doesn't make any sense at all...bigger and faster is a result of hard work!

Streeters measurables won't get better, and with his history of underwhelming practice and study habits
Would you expect better numbers than this year?
MAybe, maybe not - either way he's entering based upon his upside and potential and someone sees money directly attributable to that.

Advertisement
He's 6'5"...runs high 4.4's, 4.5 area...but to the NFL, he's a 9 route runner right now. He's improved, but I don't think he's a high draft pick...he graduates in a few weeks, so...I understand.

I suspect he'll run closer to the high 4.3s.

He's a track guy and that's what he timed here. Swasey's times have correlated well with the combine.

You know where I stand with this one, amigo. Swasey's times have been wrong more often than not. JMO.

That said, I don't doubt Street can run a sub 4.4. He's a 3rd/4th rounder, at best, right now.

Streeter will be out of the league in 2 years.

He was lazy and unmotivated for his first 3 years hear then puts together one decent, but not even good/great season and thinks he's ready made for the NFL. It's pretty clear that he was only motivated this year by going to the NFL. Once he's there he'll go back to being the same Streeter he was his first 3 years here. Soft and lazy.

Randy really screwed the pooch with Streeter should have been opposite Hank

Eh...I can definitely see how Streeter may not have been ready during the Shannon years...he even admits himself he dedicated himself more in this last year. Might be an indictment in itself, but it is, what it is.

I'd like to see more guys dedicate themselves for the duration of their careers here, not just turn it up for a season before going pro. Wrong mindset and its not the first player I've heard kick it into an extra gear or simply have the "I just wanna go to the NFL" mentality. Need to recruit guys with next level abilities but play and focus in the moment.

I mean, if Marcus Forston is going pro to help his family pay the bills, good for him, but he didn't play with that urgency and hunger to take his family outta the 'beans while he was here.

Advertisement
Back