Just heard...

Bingo. Shocked if he isn't drafted in the 2nd.

High draft pick? He's going 3rd at best. What kind of money does a 3rd rounder get?

I bet he doesn't make it out of the 2nd round. He run's under 4.4 at the combine, bank it.

Agree with this.

The feedback he got was 3rd with a strong chance at 2nd if he has a good combine. I say he shows well and ends up as a mid second.

Advertisement
How in the **** can Tommy Streeter be projected as a 3rd draft pick after one year? Maybe Jimmy Grahmn helped his stock out...

How in the **** can Tommy Streeter be projected as a 3rd draft pick after one year? Maybe Jimmy Grahmn helped his stock out...

I think Jimmy may be a tad more athletically gifted than Street (who's a freak, i know). I mean Graham is 6'8" 260 and runs a 4.6, PLUS playing with Brees in the Saints' offense will only make you look even better.

High draft pick? He's going 3rd at best. What kind of money does a 3rd rounder get?

I bet he doesn't make it out of the 2nd round. He run's under 4.4 at the combine, bank it.

Agree with this.

The feedback he got was 3rd with a strong chance at 2nd if he has a good combine. I say he shows well and ends up as a mid second.

Late second rounder or early third rounder. Lots of money left on the table.

Advertisement
Yea he left some money but who's to say that he would have match his production from this past season, next year... Right Now Streeter possess the physical attributes that no other wideout has coming in... And it also helps that he played in a pro-style scheme where the defenses werent spread all out in order for him to have space... This isnt as bad as many make it out to be...

Yea he left some money but who's to say that he would have match his production from this past season, next year... Right Now Streeter possess the physical attributes that no other wideout has coming in... And it also helps that he played in a pro-style scheme where the defenses werent spread all out in order for him to have space... This isnt as bad as many make it out to be...

He's still really raw. Sure, maybe he'll gain that necessary refinement in the NFL while he's getting paid, but maybe his progress would have been enhanced by training hard and fighting a few more prep fights before going to fight at the championship level.

Agree with this.

Late second rounder or early third rounder. Lots of money left on the table.

Yup. Guys with Street's mesaurables and (lack of) production RARELY go higher than 2nd/3rd round. Do the research - you won't find the freaks with no production go higher than the 3rd round. Streeter's body of work will cost him 2 rounds.

He's still really raw. Sure, maybe he'll gain that necessary refinement in the NFL while he's getting paid, but maybe his progress would have been enhanced by training hard and fighting a few more prep fights before going to fight at the championship level.

But you can make this argument about anyone who isnt a top 15 pick... Who's to say he wouldnt get lost in a rebuilding mix? Right now we're a bit uncertain on how our O will look... We'll still be a pro-style but who's to say that we will pass as much? I think we will be more conservative next year... We have been having issues of guys leaving early since Hester were here... I hope he succeeds, but we'll see what happens...

Advertisement

But you can make this argument about anyone who isnt a top 15 pick... Who's to say he wouldnt get lost in a rebuilding mix? Right now we're a bit uncertain on how our O will look... We'll still be a pro-style but who's to say that we will pass as much? I think we will be more conservative next year... We have been having issues of guys leaving early since Hester were here... I hope he succeeds, but we'll see what happens...

That doesn't matter. NFL teams aren't just looking at who has the best stats. They wanna see that you can play the position and not just be only a deep threat. Streeter has a lot to work on. He's gotten better at catching, but still really isn't all that great. There were so many times this year he catches the ball and then looks like he's about to fumble it. Just because he hasn't had drops, doesn't mean his hands are great. Still catches the ball against his body at times. Still needs to work on getting more physical. Still could work on his blocking. Stupid move by him.

Since Golden gave him his opportunity to shine, it sure would be nice if Streeter returned the favor by delivering Amari Cooper to us. lol.

Pat Turner?

Probably.

Street has a lot of physical gifts.

Question is and has always been IS STREETER TOUGH ENOUGH?

Right now I say no. Streeter is not as soft as he was coming out of high school, but he is entering a new realm of physicality. These dudes will rip your head off if your not prepared and go out there like a diva.

Go make your money bro, but in the end I believe he needed another year at the college level.

Advertisement
I would have guessed 3rd rd, but the kid is going to blow the roof off the combine when he runs a sub-4.4 to go with his height. Factor in he had a good year, and teams are going to think that his upside is considerable. They're going to be thinking Plaxico with more speed in terms of potential.

I'm thinking 2nd rd.

Pat Turner?

The speed separates Streeter, IMO. He's fast.

The good thing and bad thing with Streeter is that he's just a baby at receiver. Lots of upside, but there's the risk that the NFL will eat him alive early before he develops.

He's fast...but can he separate on anything other than a fly route? There is my question for ole boy.

Advertisement
He's fast...but can he separate on anything other than a fly route? There is my question for ole boy.

I think so... With how relaxed the NFL rules are concerning defenders he'll be able to make some plays... The only thin stopping Streeter is his mental game... I think our fanbase is selling him short...

Advertisement
Back