Just finished rewatching the VT game. Avantae Williams

Status
Not open for further replies.
No....can't keep throwing the players under the bus, when the coaching is trash. It takes two too Tango, and at 1.8 million a yr, with garbage recruiting, Addae can get to stepping at the conclusion of the yr. If there's anything I know about in CFB....It's DB play and coaching....and ours is underwhelming to say the least.
I noticed you said 1.8M twice for Addae. That can’t be right? We could’ve grabbed any DB coach, like Raymond, and even a bunch of DCs for the spot at that price. Tell me that is misspoken?

Advertisement
Its not just AW. Its the entire Safety room. They all gamble way too much. Kam gambles more than any of them. I like their knack for wanting to make a big play..I actually love it..but the difference between Ed Reed and all the other safeties whoever walked the earth is that Ed watched an ungodly amount of film to ensure he never made a mistake...He didnt gamble, he counted cards. (For my blackjack players)
Bro quit acting like Ed Reed didn’t make mistakes, up until his junior year he wasn’t even that good

What??....Lol...he was plenty good his Soph yr.....he was a 4th yr Jr in 2000...in 99 him and his Secondary didn't allow a TD in the last 6 games of the season...stop talking nonsense....
Ed was not the superstar/legend we know today the whole time at Miami. **** in 99 he got beat deep against Penn state for the game winning TD what the **** take your orange and green shades off

no one should be asking why Anantae isn’t playing more.

That was an extremely disappointing performance.

He is the face of what is wrong with this program right now. Highly rated recruits that come in and are either not coached correctly or are just a long way from being good.

Even the fumble he caused was a completion because he went the wrong way and didn’t cover his man.
he has that one INT that he jumped over and snatched the ball from
and he lives off of that forever
we have many one hit wonder players that we crown after ONE play

Advertisement
Ed was not the superstar/legend we know today the whole time at Miami. **** in 99 he got beat deep against Penn state for the game winning TD what the **** take your orange and green shades off
He did NOT get beat deep....I was standing on the sidelines...My cousin was his position coach at UM for 4 out of Ed's 5yrs at UM....was he out of place??...yes...but Rumph slipping on the wet field was the reason the TD even happened, not to mention Schiano called the wrong defense on that particular play...I don't need any lessons from you about UM FB Pal....if the ref would have given Jackson the 1st down (which he had by 2ft) that play wouldn't have happened...Lol at Ed not being good in 99....(#3 ranked secondary in America...and #1 in 2000) when that secondary didn't give up a TD the last 27 quarters of the season....Learn who you're talking to before running your misinformed mouth...

Last edited:
He did NOT get beat deep....I was standing on the sidelines...My cousin was his position coach at UM for 4 out of Ed's 5yrs at UM....was he out of place??...yes...but Rumph slipping on the wet field was the reason the TD even happened, not to mention Schiano called the wrong defense on that particular play...I don't need any lessons from you about UM FB Pal....if the ref would have given Jackson the 1st down (which he had by 2ft) that play wouldn't have happened...Lol at Ed not being good in 99....(#3 ranked secondary in America...and #1 in 2000) when that secondary didn't give up a TD the last 27 quarters of the season....Learn who you're talking to before running your misinformed mouth...
Delusional

• Looking
Reactions: ben
Delusional
Delusional my ***...nothing but the truth...not my fault you know nothing about those teams....

97- Red Shirts
98- leads team in INTs and 4 forced fumbles
99- leads team in INTs (tied) 5 forced fumbles (secondary is #3 in Nation)
2000-All American....#1 ranked secondary in Nation...1st time In UM History
2001- All American.....Lol at Ed not being good in 98 and 99....Run along Clown...

Delusional my ***...nothing but the truth...not my fault you know nothing about those teams....

97- Red Shirts
98- leads team in INTs and 4 forced fumbles
99- leads team in INTs (tied) 5 forced fumbles (secondary is #3 in Nation)
2000-All American....#1 ranked secondary in Nation...1st time In UM History
2001- All American.....Lol at Ed not being good in 98 and 99....Run along Clown...
He wasn’t what he is today back then, never said he wasn’t good bozo

Advertisement
He wasn’t what he is today back then, never said he wasn’t good bozo
You are at the Top of CIS Retards....Did your Moronic *** just say "He wasn't what he is today back then"????...Then call me a Bozo??....#1 Dumbazz...he's been retired for 9yrs....and if your Stupid *** meant he wasn't as good in 98 in college, as he was in 2007-2010....No sh*t Moron....name one HOFer who was better as a Jr. in college, than at the Peak of his NFL Career??....Another CIS bottom of the barrel idiot....

Last edited:
What??....Lol...he was plenty good his Soph yr.....he was a 4th yr Jr in 2000...in 99 him and his Secondary didn't allow a TD in the last 6 games of the season...stop talking nonsense....

After Chafie it was lights out the rest of his career

After Chafie it was lights out the rest of his career
Blame Schiano's ***....Rumph had no business playing Man....we should've been in a Prevent D.....Morgan blitzed, and hit the QB as he released it...Rumph slipped on the Wet field....and Ed was out of place...it happens...Ed started every game from 98-2001..on an Elite secondary, but this clown stated he wasn't good until 2000....Jesus H Christ...I don't know why I even respond to such idiotic statements...

Reactions: 88
Advertisement

He is the face of what is wrong with this program right now. Highly rated recruits that come in and are either not coached correctly or are just a long way from being good.

Even the fumble he caused was a completion because he went the wrong way and didn’t cover his man.

Too be fair I always thought he was a great athlete but I don’t remember his film showing he was a safety. I felt it was going to take him time. I remember him carrying the ball out the back field and blitzing but never really covering anyone

I saw the same thing. I expect a lot more out of Avontea🤔

It's amazing how positions like QB and safety that were looked at as strengths up until August have not performed well. I expect to see significant turnover from roster and coaching staff at the end of season.
I agree w you here. I think the O staff fumbled the bag in knowing their roster. I believe Addae coaches both DB and S? combine that w his recruiting so far, hard to argue a second year. w ponce, I dont think he goes anywhere bc he was Marios pick and probably future OC. I think hes safe bc of that connection.

Advertisement

It was poor eye-discipline that caused him to jump the wrong route. He was looking the backfield and got fooled by the QB.

Avante was trying to do a little too much and threatened the integrity of the defense, but the fact that he was able to recover the turnover says a lot.

Last edited:
There’s a lot of big egos in the secondary but the performance has not been up to expectations!

that's a big problem for us that will be adjusted by shameful losses, embarrassing film, or locker room leadership. It's going to take time but I think these young men are turning a corner.

Yeah aside from the one play he made on that interception against GT, he hasn't demonstrated much ball-hawking ability at safety. His high school highlights were mostly him making solo tackles near the LOS. They seem to love Couch at nickel though but I agree he doesn't belong at safety based on what we've seen.
I doubt they love anyone in our secondary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back