Just a total indictment on the coaching and recruiting going on in coral gables.

For all of you that think we need the players to win, would you say we are coaching our current players to play above or below their skill level? If the answer is below, then getting better players won't make us elite.

If you say above, you are on a meth binge and your brain is probably a bologna sandwich at this point.
Do not trash a bologna sandwich. They are very good with some Chinese mustard, Tabasco sauce and jalapeno peppers

Advertisement
Coaching counts. Miami has a MAC-level staff. The only coaches with significant P5 coordinator or position coach experience prior to arriving in Miami are Diaz and Enos.

Build a better staff and you will see better results on the field. Then, use #TNM marketing to sign the elite players.
JJ always said the it is not the X's and the O's, it is the Jimmies and the Joes. But he was talking about systems and playcalling not coaching. JJ's staff were beasts. Howard always said all Miami needed was a good coach. We've had three -- Howard, JJ, and Butch. Keep in mind that in college, recruiting(Jimmy and Joe) is crucial coaching skill, so Dennis does not make the list because his recruiting sucked. He was the classic X and O guy. With JJ and Butch's recruits he was great, then nothing.

I really don't think that was the gist of his opening statement. Yea we need to recruit at a high level, that's a given, but the crux of the article is what are we doing with the talent that we have? We need to coach those guys up. Once we do this and start winning ball games, then some of those players we keep missing out on might really give us a look.
Bingo! Well said.

Can you blame elite recruits not coming to Miami? We are no good, can't even win the Coastal, have a mediocre to crappy coaching carousel, the staff is constantly turning over. I have to be honest, I love Miami, but if my son was the next Trever Lawrence I would have a hard time having him go to Miami. Is it best to go to a decades-long underperforming team, or Clemson, Alabama, Georgia....

Advertisement
We currently have the #17 class for 2020 and the #1 class for 2021.

Can someone let OP know before he flies a banner about our recruiting?
Yup get the banner ready...
#Manny Fire yourself, and take the rest of the staff with you.
You can't recruit 'bro."
LMAO

Advertisement
Advertisement
Columbus, Ohio is a **** hole. Never been to a more miserable place in my life.

It isn't that bad, in particular the campus and surrounding area. Any school with 40k or thereabouts is going to be a blast due to just tons of fellow students your age. Add in the rabid fanbase, you've got a great place for what a lot of recruits look for.

It isn't that bad, in particular the campus and surrounding area. Any school with 40k or thereabouts is going to be a blast due to just tons of fellow students your age. Add in the rabid fanbase, you've got a great place for what a lot of recruits look for.

That. And lots of money being paid to the signed recruits, which is " under the table. " If U Know What I Mean.

Dude. I was there the last time we played them. I've seen it with my own eyes. That place is crap. Plus, I'm totally indifferent to what an 18yr old to high on himself thinks. Thanks for sharing...

Advertisement
Dude. I was there the last time we played them. I've seen it with my own eyes. That place is crap. Plus, I'm totally indifferent to what an 18yr old to high on himself thinks. Thanks for sharing...

So what makes it crap in your eyes? Just curious, been there and it looks like your typical city campus. Bars, shops, and restaurants all around it.

Having garbage on the offensive line is what's plaguing us.

Why do people want to make it more complicated than that? Our starting left tackle is a parking cone. You're not gonna move the ball or do very much in that case.

So yeah... the issue IS recruiting. Recruiting and rooster management. The University of Miami should not be starting this kind of trash on our offensive line, EVER. That's the issue.

UF had a disastrous OL during the Muschamp and McElwain years. In Mullen's first year, their OL looks massively more efficient. Most of the OL prospects we have were widely recruited. If you look at game film, you'll often times see that most of our linemen allow sacks because they don't know how to communicate with one another or are fundamentally weak. That's coaching.

Advertisement
Back