June 9 Camp Updates

Advertisement
Advertisement
I think with Langham committing the ball will start to get rolling for the WRs. Only room for 3 more at most. With guys like Lane, Brady, Worton, Rudolph, Scott, Dixon, spots will up fast. That's not even mentioning any out of state kids. Can't see our staff waiting till NSD for anyone except Lane and Dixon

Coley was the missing piece, I'm telling you. We keep that guy for 3 years and we will be a NC contender.

ESPN breakdown of Darrell Langham
http://insider.espn.go.com/college-...player/evaluation/_/id/178969/darrell-langham

Size-Strength-Speed This player is flying way under the radar. Big, long and fast, he is one of the few big guys in this class who can run, is flexible and fluid. His speed is football fast, especially given his size.

Separation Skills Explodes off the ball and eats cushion in a hurry. For a young player he has some natural route-running instincts. Is conscious of spacing and steps and attacks alignment. Can close the gap and run by defenders.

Ball Skills Is a very natural pass catcher with big, strong hands. Attacks the football and makes plays in a crowd. Will win most contested matchups in the red zone. His size and speed combination makes him a threat down the sideline as well as after a catch. Shows very good body control and concentration on the over-the-shoulder ball. Adjusts well to poorly-thrown balls and has a wide catching radius.

Big Play Ability Gets up field immediately after that catch and if he catches a seam, he will win a lot of foot races. Has some shake and wiggle to avoid and extends plays. Is tough to tackle and is slippery.

Bottom Line Langham clearly has physical tools, but also has lapses catching the football consistently. Will make the spectacular grab look routine and drop the easy ones. Must be more consistent with focus. Might burst onto the scene during the summer and as a senior. Impressive playmaker.

Advertisement
**** that'll give us just on the offensive side of the ball:
2 QB's
4 OL
1 RB
1 WR

so thoughts on langham .. im guessing hes extremly underated only being 2 stars
Huge 6'5" and still growing. I like BUT there are a LOT of important kid's this could effect. FWIW looks like the old "Can't teach size".

Last edited:
Advertisement
Cecil Cherry working with Mike Barrow on the side

Herb Waters walking around with Chris Lammons.

love the kids tape but man how many receivers are going to have? they must think a lot of guys might be leaving early

Not being a **** at all but dont worry about that right now.

By now we should know better than to count on certain guys and we should be more focused on the ones we land.

Again not directed at you, just in general.

Advertisement
I think with Langham committing the ball will start to get rolling for the WRs. Only room for 3 more at most. With guys like Lane, Brady, Worton, Rudolph, Scott, Dixon, spots will up fast. That's not even mentioning any out of state kids. Can't see our staff waiting till NSD for anyone except Lane and Dixon

I think Langham just took the big WR slot for this class. I never saw Brady as a realistic possibility to be in this class and enroll because his grade concerns seem to be pretty extreme. From what I read on this board he is a stud and I would love to have him at the U (and I'm sure the coaches would too), but if I had to guess, the offer to him was b/c the love his talent, love his connections to other recruits, and would take his commitment, but probably know that he will have to prep at least.

IMO it is now probably 2 of Scott, Dixon, and Rudolph, and all out on Lane

Advertisement
Back