June 2nd camp updates

Some of them were *****ing about the length of camp.

Some of them were *****ing about the fact that they had to practice offense when they're a defensive player. (or vice versa)

Some of them were *****ing because they thought they were taller.

The field did look like **** though, and there's no excuse for that. I've been to plenty of camps and none of them have looked like that. They could've atleast cut the grass. I'm willing to bet that UCF's camp won't look like that next week and USF's camp is always top notch and prepped.

Other than that I thought the camp was good. Miami's coaches were engaged and coached with high energy.

Advertisement
I remember going to college football camps that were two a days.......not this one day camp stuff. These guys need to growup

- This was the best group of quarterbacks I can remember at a Miami camp. As expected, Brad Kaaya was the top guy. He is a legit 6'4, throws a tight spiral and has a clean, consistent release. His accuracy and anticipation stood out. Kaaya also seemed to embrace his role as leader of the class, as he made it a point to talk to guys like Johnnie Dixon. Even Kaaya's mom got involved and spent time with Johnnie Dixon's mom and Ermon Lane's party. Malik Rosier is a Russell Wilson look-a-like, but his playing style reminds me a bit of Robert Marve. Rosier has a live arm, and on some routes he actually showed more zip than Kaaya. I'd say he is about 6'0, definitely not the 6'2 he's listed at. He was inconsistent early but got better as the camp went on. Dwayne Lawson from Tampa (2015) was the tallest quarterback at the camp and threw the ball well. His release is a little funky but it is quick enough. There was a blonde kid wearing #3 who also looked like a potential D-1 kid.

- Johnnie Dixon only participated in a few drills but he was far and away the strongest and most explosive receiver on the field. I'm a Corey Holmes fan but Dixon is no worse than #2 in South Florida. Coach Coley was loudly giggling after some of Dixon's routes. The UM staff was all over him and spent considerable time with him and his mom, who was wearing a UM hat. He seems to have a good relationship with Coach Carroll and also spent some time with Kaaya. His friend Travis Rudolph also had a good day. He doesn't have Dixon's strength and burst, but he is a very quick route runner. Devonte Peete had a tough outing. Didn't run very well and struggled catching the ball. He is every bit of 6'5, though. An under-the-radar kid who made a ton of plays is Antoine Griffin from Cocoa Beach. Not really a UM kid but someone who could be a good player. CJ Worton was there but only participated sparingly.

- Isaiah McKenzie of American Heritage ran a 4.43 and made several impressive plays in coverage. One guy who caught my eye was McKenzie's teammate, Carter Jacobs. He moved very well for an in-the-box safety and had some good battles with Peete.

There were a bunch of kids out there who didn't participate, including Ermon Lane, Travonte Valentine (enormous), Reilly Gibbons and Joseph Yearby. Coach Golden's son was also running around wearing a Swag hat. Stacy Coley should get royalties on that one.

So a 6'0 Rosier is worth an offer but a similar sized Treon Harris and Quinton Flowers are not? I don't know about this...

Advertisement
So a 6'0 Rosier is worth an offer but a similar sized Treon Harris and Quinton Flowers are not? I don't know about this...

None have been offered to be fair but just because they are the same size doesn't mean all coaches will see the same ability. Besides, Coley found Kaaya so do we really want to question his ability to find talent?

I thought Rosier had an offer, my mistake. He is getting a look at the position though, are these other two?

Advertisement
the field did look like crap on the pics i saw, maybe the rain had something to do with it, we have had camps on the greentree fields right?

Treon has an offer, who rlly knows if its as ath or certain position. Rosier has an offer as well.

Advertisement
Two things..1) as long as the key guys we are targeting are not complaining about the camp that's all I care about. Everyone else can go to ****. **** couldn't have been that bad. Dixon and MJ went from onlookers to participants within hours.

2) anybody who says that Lane is leaning toward anywhere hasn't been following recruiting. Ur just tryna read tea leaves. This kid had been ice cold when it comes to his recruitment. He has given nuthin in interviews and has kept things close to the vest. Anybody who says otherwise, except for BroncoNation, is just guessing.

Advertisement
Seriously, the field is the biggest issue. Is Greentree not big enough to use?

Advertisement
Back