July 29, 2023 BBQ

Not necessarily....Depends what type, and method is used. Brick Oven, Wood fired, Coal fired..etc .) also what type of Yeast....(Fresh or Dry) (very important)...Prince St Pizza, DiFare and many other NYC Pizzerias have plenty of crisp without literally burning the Pizza.
I love the flavor profile from the char with their sauce. Again, all about the preferences.

Advertisement
Look....NYer (originally) or not...NYC Pizza is #1. I've had Pizza in many different states. Sally's & Pepe's in New Haven is Good...But for me, alittle to burnt for my liking. I can name a dozen places in NYC that's drags Sally's & Pepe's through the mud. ****, I'd even put some spots in New Jersey over them. @Canes Legacy
We got that good pizza in Jersey City Larry n Joe's bruh. Been around since the 80's when I was a kid it's still there.

Then you weren't hungry. Or- never have been.

You get hungry - maybe after three or four days - you'll eat the butt out of a beaver - while he's still alive. And be grateful for it.

I can't believe sometimes the things I ate in remote areas. Give me nightmares today.
There’s about a million options for food besides garbage pizza. Nobody HAS to eat Papa John. When I was a broke college kid, there was a place called Hungry Howie’s that offered a medium pepperoni pizza for like $5. My roommates would get that **** all the time. I got it once. It tasted like ****. Even though I was broke and $5 was about all I had, I would rather have gone to Publix and bought some eggs and rice with hot sauce than eaten that ****.

Advertisement
Either you know a ton of serious barbeque enthusiasts or you live somewhere that has no good barbeque restaurants. Most of the people I know don't even own a proper smoker and if they do it's (shudder) a pellet fed Traeger. Now, if I go to a bbq restaurant, I'm almost always getting the brisket. Mostly because I just don't have the time to make one at home. Anything over a 10 hour smoke for me is a bit unrealistic.

Even the ****tiest pellet smoker is going to make a far superior brisket than any restaurant will make.

71173759007__21864517-2512-4A0B-B57B-F5ED776A9068.fullsizerender.jpeg

Advertisement
There’s about a million options for food besides garbage pizza. Nobody HAS to eat Papa John. When I was a broke college kid, there was a place called Hungry Howie’s that offered a medium pepperoni pizza for like $5. My roommates would get that **** all the time. I got it once. It tasted like ****. Even though I was broke and $5 was about all I had, I would rather have gone to Publix and bought some eggs and rice with hot sauce than eaten that ****.

I replied to what you stated - "can't eat XYZ."

You're countering with another subject - dietary preferences.

I contend you CAN - and all it requires is hunger.

I discovered I liked dog jerky. Not ideal - but came in mighty handy.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Look....NYer (originally) or not...NYC Pizza is #1. I've had Pizza in many different states. Sally's & Pepe's in New Haven is Good...But for me, alittle to burnt for my liking. I can name a dozen places in NYC that's drags Sally's & Pepe's through the mud. ****, I'd even put some spots in New Jersey over them. @Canes Legacy
Yeah they do have a habit of burning it a little too much. Modern Pizza is better than Sallys and Pepes in New Haven.

Yeah they do have a habit of burning it a little too much. Modern Pizza is better than Sallys and Pepes in New Haven.
I've been to them all. Back in the day 60s,70s, & 80s Totonno's made the best Pie in NYC....not anymore though. Totonno originally was Lombardi's (America's 1st Pizzeria) pizza maker, but left and opened his own establishment in Coney Island in the 30s.

Advertisement
Back