July 1st Recruiting Board

Advertisement
🧐🧐🧐🧐🧐
What the F*** is going on at Texas-Rio Grande Valley that somehow there is no Bama or Ohio State anywhere near this list??

Shocked Family Matters GIF

Two things:
1) it's hilarious when ASU fans say Miami has a shady program when they currently sit 2nd all time for most major infractions
2) Assuming the staff does rat on the program as expected, ASU is going to be end up being ranked #1 all time for the most major NCAA infractions, above the Pony Express.

Someone would have to be delusional to believe that the NCAA is not going to obliterate ASU after setting the record for most major violations.

the silver lining on offensive line recruiting is that it's one of the positions where projects frequently pan out, as long as you take the right projects -- i.e. ones with athletic traits. but based on the last 2 classes + this one we're obviously going to be hitting the portal for tackles. issiah walker showing something would be great.

the silver lining on offensive line recruiting is that it's one of the positions where projects frequently pan out, as long as you take the right projects -- i.e. ones with athletic traits. but based on the last 2 classes + this one we're obviously going to be hitting the portal for tackles. issiah walker showing something would be great.
This! OLinemen have to be developed there’s probably 1 in a thousand that can play right away and be good.

Advertisement
OL recruiting is abysmal. Hopefully it picks up by the start of the season. Does anyone know if we're interested in OT Trent Ramsey?

This! OLinemen have to be developed there’s probably 1 in a thousand that can play right away and be good.
1/1000 is a little crazy. There are OL that can play right away, they're just either borderline and or 5* that usually pick top schools.

Wow. I was under the impression that Skinner was a bit of a long shot and he had casual interest simply because of our previous TE success. I guess that’s great news.

Advertisement
1/1000 is a little crazy. There are OL that can play right away, they're just either borderline and or 5* that usually pick top schools.
It’s really a tiny handful of kids who are capable of stepping in and playing right away at a P5 conference school. I mean we’re talking about like 3 or 4 total. There may be more at the G5 level but the difference in D linemen you go up against at the lower levels is significant so the physical development isn’t as important.

Skinner would be amazing. Along with the two stud LB's Jackson & Tolan. Offensive line is a mess, Justice has cast a wide net but just can't get anyone in the bag. I don't feel good about anyone outside of some 3 star projects.
You hit it on the head re OL. If Justice can bag Hood, Richardson and Flip Carswell I'd be good, but Armella staying home would be icing on the cake. Jackson, Tolan and Bissainthe is pants off. Same with WR Gibson and Horton. Stewart and Kelly pants off. DT class of Lyons, Tarber and Lucas (he will be a DT after one month of training and diet) and we F@$&^%.

You hit it on the head re OL. If Justice can bag Hood, Richardson and Flip Carswell I'd be good, but Armella staying home would be icing on the cake. Jackson, Tolan and Bissainthe is pants off. Same with WR Gibson and Horton. Stewart and Kelly pants off. DT class of Lyons, Tarber and Lucas (he will be a DT after one month of training and diet) and we F@$&^%.
we need to keep recruiting Armella. It’s going to be tough for him to go to FSU if they end up winning 3 games

Last edited:
Advertisement
It’s really a tiny handful of kids who are capable of stepping in and playing right away at a P5 conference school. I mean we’re talking about like 3 or 4 total. There may be more at the G5 level but the difference in D linemen you go up against at the lower levels is significant so the physical development isn’t as important.
The fact that several OL, more than 4, make the freshman All American teams yearly kinda negates this. They're either starters or playing significant snaps.

The fact that several OL, more than 4, make the freshman All American teams yearly kinda negates this. They're either starters or playing significant snaps.
Well the fact you are referring to a FRESHMAN all american team kinda negates your point, they are forced to pick freshman and 5 of them. One of the top freshman on the list? Robert Scott from FSU... He was the #508 player overall. You also had Willie Lampkin (coastal) make the list #1,999 overall and Zach Fraiser (WV) #584 overall. I am quite confident we could have signed those 3 players and they would not have played significant snaps for us last year and would not have made this list. Can you play a TF OL? Yes. (see Zion) however, that is not typically a recipe for success. As mentioned a tiny handful are ready but it is the exception not the rule.

The fact that not everyone on the freshman all American team is a starter and not everyone on the freshman All American team plays on P5 conference teams kinda proves my point.

Advertisement
The experts think Skinner goes to Tally

If Clemson wants him, he's going there. It will go down to the wire imo. With FSU, bags is always at play and despite sh1tty TE play, they usually attract top TEs there.

Nationally, 2023 doesn't look like a particular good year for OL at the moment. According to 247

OT: Zero five star prospects
15 4 stars in total, only 2 graded higher than 93

IOL: Zero five stars prospects
14 4 stars - and only 1 out of those 14 is graded higher than 91

So that basically means nearly the entire class of interior linemen (and most of the OTs) is made up of borderline 3/4 stars

Not much difference in potential with one of those borderline 4 stars graded at a 90 and a 3 star graded at 88 except for bragging rights on having more blue chips. I don't see any "can't miss prospects" in that entire 2023 class. This would be a good year to load up on other positions where there are can't miss prospects and fill in any OL gaps with the portal.

BTW- the one OL that I really want Miami to land is 3 star OL RyQueze McElderry because I'm pretty sure he was one of the names in the East/West College Bowl (from Key and Peele)

Is it really such a down year though, or are kids rated lower because they haven't been evaluated? Covid threw a big wrench as far as HS playing time and teams scouting, just saying. And OL is notoriously hard to evaluate, so it kind of makes sense that not as many kids at that spot would get 4/5 stars this cycle since they haven't been looked at as closely.

Look at a kid like Hood, for example. He's listed at 3 stars, but somebody that massive in a normal year I think is a 4 or even 5 star kid. So I think Covid and this being a weird cycle have something to do with it too.

Advertisement
Back