July 1st Recruiting Board

Skinner would be amazing. Along with the two stud LB's Jackson & Tolan. Offensive line is a mess, Justice has cast a wide net but just can't get anyone in the bag. I don't feel good about anyone outside of some 3 star projects.
I think this a fair point in regards to the o line but if we look good and Zion goes 1st or 2nd rd and Donaldson goes day 2 I think we'll trend like the D line has been of late

Advertisement
Not worried about a single position. We will be more than good. Keep in mind when the season starts there is always new prospects that will be identified. We're going to be fine. Excited about the secondary and linebacker recruiting. Would hope Stewart committed so he can recruit for us.

We may need Trob to het involved with a couple OL too or we may need to hit the portal for OL after the season.We keep hearing kids love Justice but not enough to play for him.Last year he got Rodriguez who was born a cane.Mcloughlin who is a bit of a project and Seymore who we had to offer his brother to lock him as he was looking hard at UF late.

Advertisement
We may need Trob to het involved with a couple OL too or we may need to hit the portal for OL after the season.We keep hearing kids love Justice but not enough to play for him.Last year he got Rodriguez who was born a cane.Mcloughlin who is a bit of a project and Seymore who we had to offer his brother to lock him as he was looking hard at UF late.

Nationally, 2023 doesn't look like a particular good year for OL at the moment. According to 247

OT: Zero five star prospects
15 4 stars in total, only 2 graded higher than 93

IOL: Zero five stars prospects
14 4 stars - and only 1 out of those 14 is graded higher than 91

So that basically means nearly the entire class of interior linemen (and most of the OTs) is made up of borderline 3/4 stars

Not much difference in potential with one of those borderline 4 stars graded at a 90 and a 3 star graded at 88 except for bragging rights on having more blue chips. I don't see any "can't miss prospects" in that entire 2023 class. This would be a good year to load up on other positions where there are can't miss prospects and fill in any OL gaps with the portal.

BTW- the one OL that I really want Miami to land is 3 star OL RyQueze McElderry because I'm pretty sure he was one of the names in the East/West College Bowl (from Key and Peele)

Last edited:
I feel like competition here is a bit of an issue for RB and TE. We've stacked a bit of talent at both. Really need to add an elite WR to that room and for the love of god someone needs to step up. We got our QB. I'm not sure it's as bad as it looks.
oh im happy with the team roster just saying recruiting in general were not getting what we want on our board offensively, as far as top prospects.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Incredible what we're doing recruiting on the back 7 defensively if this holds true. I'm not too concerned with how receiver shakes out tbh. Pulling skinner would be a 2 for 1, getting a good prospect but crushing FSU's expectation of landing him. But this is a big fail for o line right now. The Carswell kid is a good developmental tackle but our options at guard are looking minimal now so the pressure is on Justice big time.
I like the Carswell kid, also like Big Snoop at OG. Also don't forget we brought in the UNLV kid who will count as a 2022 OL counter. Think he has 2 seasons remaining. I trust Justice on this one

Advertisement
I'd prefer most of our OL come from the portal. You want your entire OL to be 22 year old men. It can be really difficult to evaluate how a 17 year old will grow into that body.
Agreed. So many top OL are developed on lower level P5 and G5 teams because OL is so hard to recruit with any certainty. With the portal making transfers so easy, picking them up as juniors and seniors who want to increase their exposure is a smarter way to focus on the OL.

Nationally, 2023 doesn't look like a particular good year for OL at the moment. According to 247

OT: Zero five star prospects
15 4 stars in total, only 2 graded higher than 93

IOL: Zero five stars prospects
14 4 stars - and only 1 out of those 14 is graded higher than 91

So that basically means nearly the entire class of interior linemen (and most of the OTs) is made up of borderline 3/4 stars

Not much difference in potential with one of those borderline 4 stars graded at a 90 and a 3 star graded at 88 except for bragging rights on having more blue chips. I don't see any "can't miss prospects" in that entire 2023 class. This would be a good year to load up on other positions where there are can't miss prospects and fill in any OL gaps with the portal.

BTW- the one OL that I really want Miami to land is 3 star OL RyQueze McElderry because I'm pretty sure he was one of the names in the East/West College Bowl (from Key and Peele)
Agreed, the talented bodies just aren't there. Could be because of a weird year with coaching and development. I'm good with taking a couple projects with high upside then wait and see on the portal.

Agreed. So many top OL are developed on lower level P5 and G5 teams because OL is so hard to recruit with any certainty. With the portal making transfers so easy, picking them up as juniors and seniors who want to increase their exposure is a smarter way to focus on the OL.

Precisely. BUT, that also makes for an issue of playing together for a long time, which is also key for an OL.

Advertisement
The Skinner and LB news doesn't surprise me really. I just never saw what Skinner aw in FSU I just can't especially when he has UM trying hard

OL recruiting could turn into a disaster. All else great options but man, OL is looking suspect

brad’s optimism on kids like skinner and Jackson is great but the vets know the real odds.

Advertisement
Back