July 1st Recruiting Board

Then why did he push his announcement back right after the OV down here? I mean you say as long as the **** doesn't hit the fan but I mean it's like diarrhea because everything is coming out seemingly weekly
think hes waiting to see what happens with the "investigation". Not saying he didnt enjoy his visit but he was all but a done deal coming into visit so well see how ncca handles asu.

Advertisement

“Here’s the takeaway,” Pate said. “Let me restate, very clearly for the folks in the back, it doesn’t matter what you or I thought about whether this should’ve been a rule or how long it should’ve been implemented. It was. Now, I want to remind you what we said last week. This is serious. I think a lot of people are going to lose their jobs because this is not going to be a normal NCAA investigation. For many reasons, this will not be a normal NCAA investigation. First of which, you have former staffers totally ready, willing, and able to go on the record. Pete Thamel reported as much in his Yahoo Sports story.”

Never seen a staff drop a dime on their own program. Even the incompetent stooges at the ncaa can't bumble this because the ASU staffers will tell them everything. Folks might not be aware of this but ASU is #2 all time in the ncaa for major violations. Ncaa is going to have a hard-on for them.

Schools with most major NCAA infractions​

The Associated Press
September 29, 2015

According to the NCAA, the schools with the most number of major infractions cases:
SMU, 10
Arizona State, 9
Oklahoma, 8
Wichita State, 8
Auburn, 7
Florida State, 7
Texas A&M, 7
University of California (Berkeley), 7
Georgia, 7
Memphis, 7
Minnesota, 7
Wisconsin, 7
West Virginia, 7
Baylor, 6
Kansas State, 6
Mississippi State, 6
UCLA, 6
Cincinnati, 6
Illinois, 6
Kansas, 6
Kentucky, 6
Miami (Florida), 6
Southern California, 6
Texas-Rio Grande Valley, 6
___
Source: NCAA
___
Online: NCAA database: http://web1.ncaa.org/LSDBi/exec/miSearch

You might remember what happened to the #1 team on that list.
🧐🧐🧐🧐🧐
What the F*** is going on at Texas-Rio Grande Valley that somehow there is no Bama or Ohio State anywhere near this list??

Shocked Family Matters GIF

Ya not a good look especially if they start snitching and showing receipts but still his main recruiter at asu proabably wont take the fall and he has a really good relationship with jackson.

Brother, there is no way ASU can just fire a few staffers and call it a day. I have a feeling the school Prez will fire the Assistant AD (who knew what was up and didn't report it) and clean house with the entire coaching staff.

Brother, there is no way ASU can just fire a few staffers and call it a day. I have a feeling the school Prez will fire the Assistant AD (who knew what was up and didn't report it) and clean house with the entire coaching staff.
It's bad im not disagreeing with you there i'd just be shocked if they clean house with the whole staff. I can see the assitant ad taking the fall for a lot of the football staff.

Also pretty ballsy of asu coaching staff to be that blatent, they shoulda known there's always a paper trail.

Advertisement
think hes waiting to see what happens with the "investigation". Not saying he didnt enjoy his visit but he was all but a done deal coming into visit so well see how ncca handles asu.
If he was all but a done deal coming into the UM OV then its highly likely we moved him off that position, hence him pushing back his decision, the ncaa drama is just the icing on the cake really. The ncaa just got cucked by the Supreme Court so they'll take out their anger on ASU accordingly.

If he was all but a done deal coming into the UM OV then its highly likely we moved him off that position, hence him pushing back his decision, the ncaa drama is just the icing on the cake really. The ncaa just got cucked by the Supreme Court so they'll take out their anger on ASU accordingly.
I think he's a high character kid and pretty down to earth. He's built relationships with staff there i think hes going to give it time to see how it plays out. NCAA (emmert) have a lot of ennemies on capitol hill now including from arizona so ill be curious to see how hard they can come down on asu

I nean a miracle can happen but if they don't get sanctions before signing day it'll still happen ij the future do Devon may be waiting but going there would be a huge mistake

Advertisement
Advertisement
@bradtejeda if you're close on that defensive board, all those coaches need a raise, Manny included.

Offensive class looks scarier than it is. Brown at QB, Brown at RB, Ibieta + 1 at WR (I'm less a fan of Gibson as others on here, but I'm sure Likens will find his guy), Skinner or the NY kid at TE. If not them, maybe skip there if Hodges, Marmarelli, Arroyo and Brantley look good. Or portal if more than one look bad.

OL is where we need to focus our efforts. Too bad Armella is third rail :( ... Justice did exactly what he needed in casting a wide net, but slim pickings out there this class. I expect more options will emerge once the season starts. We may have a last minute scramble there. Hope it's not a repeat of the 2019 class.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Not to beat a dead horse but the on-line recruiting is sketchy.

Nationally, 2023 doesn't look like a particular good year for OL at the moment. According to 247

OT: Zero five star prospects
15 4 stars in total, only 2 graded higher than 93

IOL: Zero five stars prospects
14 4 stars - and only 1 out of those 14 is graded higher than 91

So that basically means nearly the entire class of interior linemen (and most of the OTs) is made up of borderline 3/4 stars

Not much difference in potential with one of those borderline 4 stars graded at a 90 and a 3 star graded at 88 except for bragging rights on having more blue chips. I don't see any "can't miss prospects" in that entire 2023 class. This would be a good year to load up on other positions where there are can't miss prospects and fill in any OL gaps with the portal.

BTW- the one OL that I really want Miami to land is 3 star OL RyQueze McElderry because I'm pretty sure he was one of the names in the East/West College Bowl (from Key and Peele)
Hingle McCringleberry, but close...

Advertisement
Back