2024 Julian Sayin 5* QB from CA

Any of yall know where the staff is on Sayin?

The podcast circuit, when they talk about this guy, speak of him as the second coming. idk about all that, but where is Miami at on him as a prospect? In the thick of it? Don't care and moving on? Would they tell every other QB not named Cam to **** off for this guy?

@DMoney (question for the podcast, I guess)... @Cribby
They liked him. They worked him pretty hard during the last cycle and some thought he’d eventually flip. I never bought it lol . I don’t expect them to pursue him now though.

Advertisement
All good, sir. I just don't think the cultural fit will work out - interacting with the boosters, keeping the boosters in line, recruiting blue-chippers in the south, fund-raising, etc. Remember what Slingblade Billy did immediately at Florida, he refused to honor the commitments, he forced all the recruits to resubmit video to him for evaluation, and he ran off the QB commit that Mullet left him.

I don't know, sometimes these know-it-alls come to a big SEC school and immediately dig a hole for themselves.

The thing that concerns me with Deboer is not his basic coaching ability. It's the fact that he BARELY has any P5 experience. He is going to be run over by alums, other coaches, the refs, just about anyone/everyone associated with the SEC. He might be a great teacher and builder of men, but I don't think he has the gravitas to be the Alabama coach. Bear did. Gene Stallings did. And Nick did.

Just about nobody else at Alabama has had that same powerful presence for the last 75 years. Three success stories, and a bunch of failures.
All fair points. I for sure agree that he doesn’t fit in there but I think we’ll see a better marriage as the wins pile up. All he needs to validate himself is proof of concept. But you nailed it for the most part

Sayin looks like one of the jerk friends of the rich high school bully in every bad 1980s movie.
image.gif

Advertisement
Advertisement
**** I think Lanning is a goober too but he knows the Landscape and it was telling when Mario left when he kept Brandon Dorlus at Oregon. His recruiting showed he knows how to keep the dice rolling. Lanning would of been a homerun hire for them. Im glad he isnt there to be honest. Need Bama down to reality. But Georgia is the monster right now and now Texas is growing. But this year i think the team to watch is Ole Miss. They went all in and Lane will sell his soul for a title. Bama messed up with the hire. Great coach but not for their needs. Couldnt happen to a better team.

Lane would have been the most splashy hire for Bama; a place that uninteresting needs someone who attracts a lot of attention.

That said, Miami will become the monster soon enough; Saban's absence combined with Mario's presence will accelerate the process.

Advertisement
So Air Noland just gonna stay there and get recruited over in the same class or is he gonna transfer in the spring?
Not necessarily recruited over. They are creating competition and one will beat out the other.

All fair points. I for sure agree that he doesn’t fit in there but I think we’ll see a better marriage as the wins pile up. All he needs to validate himself is proof of concept. But you nailed it for the most part
Byrne is going to need to do some heavy lifting and run interference to buy him some time

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back