2024 Julian Sayin 5* QB from CA

It's a couple pages back, genius. Nobody asked you to read from Page 1. When you click on a thread, it takes you to the last page you were on, so maybe stop jumping to the last page everytime, and stop asking stupid questions like "what did I miss?".

Those aren't "rumors and speculation", that is someone from the Alabama website reporting on what happened, with specifics. It's been corroborated by others as well. Sorry that nobody shares information with you.

"No association to Miami"? He was our top QB target and we believe we finished in second place. He played on Coach Duasso's Raw 7-on-7 team, and we might (maybe) be getting back into his recruitment.

If you have so many better things to do, then why did you even bother to post in this thread? Nobody forced you to do so.
He was like every single teams top qb prospect lmfao. Also, why waste my time reading comments when you can just give me the info directly through one comment

Advertisement
Called this before it happened right down to the auburn analogy

Alabama boosters gonna eat him alive because even if he’s John the Baptist hes not Jesus Christ’s

Yeah.

The ONE THING that Saban was able to do better than anyone since Bear (including Gene Stallings) was to keep the Alabama boosters in-line.

I have numerous friends who are Alabama alums, and this was a massive problem since Bear retired. The alums were running around on their own, they were sloppy about throwing money at players, they liked to brag about what they were doing after a couple of drinks, you name it.

Nick created an absolute power-structure that reined in those rich hicks. And he created an AMAZING system of plausible deniability, that allowed him to preside over one of the most rules-cheating booster clubs without a speck of the manure sticking to himself.

I'm not sure if Deboer is ready for all that Alabama smoke.

Advertisement
Because that’s not Sabans job anymore he doesn’t have to do anything and he’s not the ones talking to the kids it’s KD’s job. NIL means something but relationships have shown to be the ultimate deciding factor. If this doesn’t tell anyone that then you can’t change that persons mind. I don’t like bama ****em pause but they should be angry that 5 star talents are leaving. I would be mad as **** but that’s what happens when u been at the top for so long the only way to go is down pause.
Exactly. For the top tier kids the NIL market is generally the market now- plus or minus a bit so relationships matter. When the car price is thr car price, you buy from thr place that offers you something more. When there isn’t more it doesn’t matter what location you get it from

Alabama is a prime location and will be no doubt but it acting like Alabama with saban is the same as Alabama without him is delusional. Ignoring saban is the goat even if you despise him and that it matters that he is the coach not some relic coach emeritus in a down the hall office is naive.

Yeah.

The ONE THING that Saban was able to do better than anyone since Bear (including Gene Stallings) was to keep the Alabama boosters in-line.

I have numerous friends who are Alabama alums, and this was a massive problem since Bear retired. The alums were running around on their own, they were sloppy about throwing money at players, they liked to brag about what they were doing after a couple of drinks, you name it.

Nick created an absolute power-structure that reined in those rich hicks. And he created an AMAZING system of plausible deniability, that allowed him to preside over one of the most rules-cheating booster clubs without a speck of the manure sticking to himself.

Indeed.

Yeah.

Plus Alabama bbq isn’t better without an amazing legendary grillmaster

All things aside this is literally the best off-season ever. And it’s only January. We get to tell big *** lies for seven months and we get to watch our biggest rival cry for weeks upon week. then the biggest titan in all of the college football leaves, and their fans come back to reality that they’re no longer eating at prime but they are now just going to the cheesecake factory with everyone else

Called this before it happened right down to the auburn analogy

Alabama boosters gonna eat him alive because even if he’s John the Baptist he's not Jesus Christ
Apparently the booster group is divided into a Mobile faction vs Birmingham faction that has caused major headaches for most coaches. Saban was able to get them to agree to a truce but it’s expected that they will start to compete for influence again now that he’s gone.

Advertisement
Nah, what I am Sayin is that the kid got hit by a Mack truck
@JamesQuall one of the worst
Oh Boy Reaction GIF by Laff

Yeah.

See: the late Logan Young

Advertisement
The brand was Nick Saban, not Alabama and they’re finding that out.

Was listening to a great podcast that was fair & objective.

That’s exactly what the host said. He said Bama fans need to understand this is not a DeBoer issue, this is a brand issue. He said the brand is Saban, & these kids didn’t commit to Bama, they committed to him.

DeBoer has no prior relationship w/ most of these kids entering the portal, & many haven’t been at Bama long enough to feel an obligation to the school vs. coming to play for Nick. As much of a fan I am of Kalen, the fact is to these kids relationships matter, & a lot of these kids were recruited for a minute by coaches who they’ll most likely transfer to.

Also, to be frank, which I never thought about, DeBoer is still a relative unknown b/c he’s been a mercenary on the West Coast. A lot of these kids are in time zones where they’re not interested in PAC-12 after dark, or their games weren’t televised. Nor can he, at this point, name drop a bevy of draft picks under his name b/c he’s bounced around. Nick can **** near turn on the TV and point to all the guys in the NFL under his tutelage.

DeBoer is going to have to start at ground zero in essence.

Last edited:
Any of yall know where the staff is on Sayin?

The podcast circuit, when they talk about this guy, speak of him as the second coming. idk about all that, but where is Miami at on him as a prospect? In the thick of it? Don't care and moving on? Would they tell every other QB not named Cam to **** off for this guy?

@DMoney (question for the podcast, I guess)... @Cribby

Advertisement
Any of yall know where the staff is on Sayin?

The podcast circuit, when they talk about this guy, speak of him as the second coming. idk about all that, but where is Miami at on him as a prospect? In the thick of it? Don't care and moving on? Would they tell every other QB not named Cam to **** off for this guy?

@DMoney (question for the podcast, I guess)... @Cribby
Everything that’s been leaked or said from our end is that we’re very luke warm on him now .

Advertisement
Back