Judd Anderson Film Breakdown by Stevo

Advertisement
Fair enough but my response was to a post that said all of our QBs have been dogpoop except TVD and Deriq. My argument is that in fact most of them are not dogpoop.
So between

Malik Rosier
N’Kosi Perry
Cade Weldon
Jarren Williams
Peyton Matocha
Jake Garcia
Jacurri Brown

Which ones would you consider as not Dogpoop?

So between

Malik Rosier
N’Kosi Perry
Cade Weldon
Jarren Williams
Peyton Matocha
Jake Garcia
Jacurri Brown

Which ones would you consider as not Dogpoop?
Malik won 10 games
Ko, not dogpoop
Cade, dogpoop
Jarren, dogpoop
Peyton, dogpoop
Jake TBD, so far, dogpoop
Jacurri TBD, so far, dogpoop
Kaaya, not dogpoop
SteMo, not dogpoop
Deriq, not dogpoop
TVD, not dogpoop

6:2:3
not dp: TBD but prob dp: dp

This program is in trouble if we can’t land a transfer for next year.

Awful year 1.
Possible step forward in year 2.
Unless a miracle happens with one of them, year 3 rolling out one of the guys currently on the roster, could be a disaster. A 5 to 7 win season would undo any possible momentum that’s hopefully built up from this year. Mario will be firmly on the hot seat if that happens and It’ll get ugly.

Malik won 10 games
Ko, not dogpoop
Cade, dogpoop
Jarren, dogpoop
Peyton, dogpoop
Jake TBD, so far, dogpoop
Jacurri TBD, so far, dogpoop
Kaaya, not dogpoop
SteMo, not dogpoop
Deriq, not dogpoop
TVD, not dogpoop

6:2:3
not dp: TBD but prob dp: dp
Malik did not win 10 games, the Defense won 10 games;

But even if you wanna give him credit for the 2017 season, are you conveniently leaving out the 2018 season where he threw for 1,053yds 6TD’s & 8INT’s at 52%cmp?? Because that did happen...

And having to go back as far as Stephen Morris & Brad Kaaya pretty much proves my point.

Advertisement
We fine and we are gonna be fine. We have players on the roster. JB is the guy, he gonna be ready and we are likely taking a guy out the portal. Ill trust Dawson knows what to do at the position, very simple. Just the weekly thing to cry about.

We’ve seen a lot of under the radar kids in our backyard walk right into lower programs and ball out as well. Never even getting a look from us but yet we are constantly bringing in absolute garbage at the position.

No real secret why we’ve sucked.

No secret at all:

FotoJet.jpg

The QB evals for this program have been absolute dogsh*t with the exception of TVD.

Aside from D’Eriq King & TVD, we haven’t had a QB worth a **** in a long time.

3 different Coaching staffs & not a single one of’em can find & recruit a QB who doesn’t take 4+ years to develop lol

I would throw in Emory Williams as a good eval.

Outside of that, I agree with you.

Advertisement

But even if you wanna give him credit for the 2017 season, are you conveniently leaving out the 2018 season where he threw for 1,053yds 6TD’s & 8INT’s at 52%cmp?? Because that did happen...

And having to go back as far as Stephen Morris & Brad Kaaya pretty much proves my point.
Without his running ability, we lose 2-3 more games that year. Massive fluke year tbh. Everything went our way until ****sburgh, Clemson and Wisconsin. 2018 proved that, so good point!

I wasn’t crazy about the Emory Williams take last year because I didn’t think he was physically capable. His tape looked solid, his accuracy was really good. I just thought he was going to be a skinny noodle arm. Thankfully I was wrong because he’s packed on some really good mass since coming in and now physically looks the part. I’m much higher on him now.

Judd Anderson is the exact opposite. Big kid, big arm but that’s about where the positives end. He’s really raw and his accuracy leaves a lot to be desired. At best he’s a multi-year project. (Another one)

Without his running ability, we lose 2-3 more games that year. Massive fluke year tbh. Everything went our way until ****sburgh, Clemson and Wisconsin. 2018 proved that, so good point!
Malik’s best talent was his scrambling. Richt used him as a runner really well. But a lot of the close games we won in 2017 were only close because Malik struggled to complete passes consistently and threw a lot of interceptions. He was really limited and probably should never have been a starting quarterback here but that’s what happens when you don’t bring in a top qb recruit every year.

Advertisement
I wasn’t crazy about the Emory Williams take last year because I didn’t think he was physically capable. His tape looked solid, his accuracy was really good. I just thought he was going to be a skinny noodle arm. Thankfully I was wrong because he’s packed on some really good mass since coming in and now physically looks the part. I’m much higher on him now.

Judd Anderson is the exact opposite. Big kid, big arm but that’s about where the positives end. He’s really raw and his accuracy leaves a lot to be desired. At best he’s a multi-year project. (Another one)
Emory was a steal and is going to be really good.

Sure there is, if you've got a more polished kid to pair with him.

There's just no reason to be taking low ranking raw 3* players at QB as your only QB in a class.
That's right. You take a kid like this because he doesn't scare away the top 10 QB you have already committed or you're still recruiting.

It seems like elite QBs are afraid to play for Mario. I stand by that until he proves otherwise.

He's an elite recruiter obviously. But it's hard to recruit over your track record. As far as I can tell, he's never recruited AND developed an elite QB.

But wait a second which time table are you selecting then? You are ignoring past three years then stopping the count once we get to decent QBs? I think that proves my point. Either way, it is clear that Mario has to do better with QB recruiting. No debate there. Need a transfer or a plug and play QB for next season. I also think we need a backup QB this year.

Advertisement
He had a grand total of 3 good games at Miami.

He then went JUCO, USF & transferred to Alabama A&M; he never started a game at USF or Alabama A&M.

I think that encapsulates his “talent”.
Does it? Or does it say more about his commitment to football?

Was the potential there if he put in the effort and had a QB coach who could develop?

Advertisement
Back