Judd Anderson Film Breakdown by Stevo

Advertisement
Regardless this can’t be your only qb. That would be an epic failure. I doubt he is, I’m just saying.
Please God let the last part be true. I’ve been beating the drum since the jump that Judd is a good QB2 you roll the dice on. He is not a QB1 and no amount of kool aid or mental gymnastics will change that.

Advertisement
I think we get a portal qb and that would still be a mini failure. I do expect more quality at the position this go around in the portal versus previous years.

I would not consider it a mini failure at all. Quite the opposite. We need a QB to come in and compete with Brown and Williams for QB#1. It's unrealistic to expect a true freshman to be a sure fire starter, even a 5-star Top 5 QB.

IMHO, I'd put all our NIL money on a portal QB and start back channeling yesterday.

Not sure I consider it a mini failure. Unless we got a sure fire true freshman starter, we need a portal QB to come in and compete with Brown and Williams for QB#1 no matter what. IMHO, I'd put all our NIL money on that and start back channeling yesterday.
I said we’re getting a portal qb , a mini failure would be Judd being the only HS qb

I said we’re getting a portal qb , a mini failure would be Judd being the only HS qb

If it's another 3 star projection who costs very little NIL, I'm all for it. But I want us to get the absolute best portal QB available (and hopefully we know the name before they hit the portal). That's going to be expensive. So unless we have a lot of excess NIL funds available -- which I hope we don't as I am counting on guys like Franklin, Patterson, Smith/Wingo to jump on board still -- I'd much rather NOT go after a HS QB that costs us a lot.

Advertisement
Judd is nowhere in the same stratosphere as Emory. He’s far from raw and has been very well coached. He needed some work like all HS qb’s but he’s a quality take that’ll play here.

I think his TD/Int ratio this year will tell us a lot on how developed Judd is.

Regardless this can’t be your only qb. That would be an epic failure. I doubt he is, I’m just saying.
Would be one thing if we had gotten a stud last class, then a project and a portal guy would be more acceptable this class. But with us only bringing in Emory, you have to get another more polished HS arm this class to go with Judd. You just HAVE to.

I think his TD/Int ratio this year will tell us a lot on how developed Judd is.
Not really. Plenty of guys ball out with horrible mechanics. It’s HS football. Talent can get you by . He has a long ways to go with his mechanics and development. He’s as developmental as developmental can get for this level of college recruiting. He does have physical talent so I get the take but if he looks close to the same this year it would be a big red flag.

Advertisement
Judd is nowhere in the same stratosphere as Emory. He’s far from raw and has been very well coached. He needed some work like all HS qb’s but he’s a quality take that’ll play here.
Dam so Judd is two years away from being two years away from a mechanics technique standpoint. Hope we hit on Emory tho

Not really. Plenty of guys ball out with horrible mechanics. It’s HS football. Talent can get you by . He has a long ways to go with his mechanics and development. He’s as developmental as developmental can get for this level of college recruiting. He does have physical talent so I get the take but if he looks close to the same this year it would be a big red flag.

Okay, I misunderstood what you wrote above then. I thought you were saying Judd was far ahead of Emory. And I was suggesting if that were true, then we'd see better performance than what he showed as a Junior. But maybe you're saying the opposite, that Emory is far ahead of Judd, who is still very raw? That would make more sense to me based on what I've seen of the two.

Advertisement
No.

He was awful in 3 different places.

The jury is out, he couldn't play.
Doesn’t help that his work ethic was next to zero. Dude put more effort packing bowls for bong rips than football.

But at the end of the day, you’re evaluated based on what you do, not potential.

That’s why those crowning Emory as a hit so far based on one series against walk-ons in Spring is crazy. Let’s see him take some garbage reps against Miami Ohio or Bethune first.

I'll believe it when I see it.

Looking good in practice don't mean sh*t.

True. But show me a HS QB, even a five star, where that's not the case. Kyle Wright looked really good until he got his bell rung a few times in his FSU debut.

That’s why those crowning Emory as a hit so far based on one series against walk-ons in Spring is crazy. Let’s see him take some garbage reps against Miami Ohio or Bethune first.

Again, no QB is a hit until they get their clock cleaned by a Bosa, dust themselves off and stand strong in the pocket the rest of the game. Even garbage time won't show you that. I remember watching Martell's garbage time play for Taint vs Rutgers (I think) and thinking we had landed our next great QB.

Advertisement
Back