Judd Anderson Film Breakdown by Stevo

Advertisement
The QB evals for this program have been absolute dogsh*t with the exception of TVD.

Aside from D’Eriq King & TVD, we haven’t had a QB worth a **** in a long time.

3 different Coaching staffs & not a single one of’em can find & recruit a QB who doesn’t take 4+ years to develop lol
“Aside from our starting QB’s for this upcoming and prior 3 seasons…”

lol you cant just ignore the four nearest seasons and assert that our QBs sucked. Coaching has failed some, WRs have failed others. You can win plenty of CFB games with Malik, Kaaya, SteMo, Kosi.

Advertisement

lol you cant just ignore the four nearest seasons and assert that our QBs sucked. Coaching has failed some, WRs have failed others. You can win plenty of CFB games with Malik, Kaaya, SteMo, Kosi.
TVD is one QB out of 8 QB’s that we’ve signed since 2017 that has actually been any good & wasn’t a transfer.

Our QB’s have unequivocally sucked & it’s not debatable. The only one that there can be made an argument in which “Coaching failed” them is N’Kosi Perry, the rest have simply been not talented enough.

And TBH, Perry is pretty mediocre at best.

Advertisement

Miami won 9 games with Morris in 2013 and should have won 9 in 2012 (Virginia and UNC were very winnable). I’m blaming the defense for those two years and he was also hobbled with almost all of 2013 and from the Unc game on in 2012. He was a 3 star coming in and I don’t think many fans expected much.

TVD is one QB out of 8 QB’s that we’ve signed since 2017 that has actually been any good & wasn’t a transfer.

Our QB’s have unequivocally sucked & it’s not debatable. The only one that there can be made an argument in which “Coaching failed” them is N’Kosi Perry, the rest have simply been not talented enough.

Okay it’s not debatable i guess it’s settled then.

Advertisement

Jarren Williams looked like he had the talent/ability at times, but lacked consistency and focus.

I mean you can debate if you want to, there’s just not very strong argument to support that claim.
Point is you can win plenty of CFB games with Malik, Kaaya, SteMo, Kosi. They are not hall of famers, but take a look around CFB and you will find winning teams with worse QBs. Can you win a Natty with them? Probably not and perhaps my standards are too low.

Btw can you tell your pet jeddthebisch to simmer down.

Advertisement
Oh no. Damnit.

I miss the days when our QBs were royal flushed wish 'talent'...

You know what I'm talking about... 'business decision'....

1690343573804.png

Last edited:
Point is you can win plenty of CFB games with Malik, Kaaya, SteMo, Kosi. They are not hall of famers, but take a look around CFB and you will find winning teams with worse QBs. Can you win a Natty with them? Probably not and perhaps my standards are too low.

Btw can you tell your pet jeddthebisch to simmer down.
I thought the whole point of this thing was to win a Natty

Judd is young & has time to become more polished. He’s tall so he should be able to go through his reads with ease. If he gets stronger, he’ll be tough to bring down with one arm. He bleeds orange & green and is doing everything he can to be an ambassador for this class. For that, he deserves our unwavering support.

The standard for QB play at the U should be someone that gives us a great chance to make the CFB playoffs every year with the potential to win at least 1 MNC during his tenure at Miami. He should have the potential to be a first or second round pick in the NFL Draft & lead his team to Divisional Crowns & Super Bowls as a pro. At worst, he should be a star at the college level (even if his game doesn’t translate well to the next level). That’s the standard we had for about 25 of the last 40 years. Need to get back to that & that likely means recruiting 5-star QBs (or high 4-stars with significant upside). The probability of finding a Carson Wentz (unranked recruit) or Patrick Mahomes (3-Star recruit) are pretty low. The Canes should continue to pursue Trever Jackson in this class (as we need to be taking QBs per class until we’ve clearly identified TVDs replacement). Trever has tremendous upside.

Advertisement
Back