Official JUCO WR Offer - Colbie Young: COMMITS!

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Tough to gage his true speed in the highlights but he has size and can high point the ball, win contested catches (albeit against Juco db's). With our lower receiver depth & high end talent I say f*** it.
IMO - most tall receivers aren’t fast. As long as they run crisp routes, have decent speed, have good hands, are competitive and attack the ball vs body catching, they pan out nicely especially in 3rd downs and red zone situations.

IMO - most tall receivers aren’t fast. As long as they run crisp routes, have decent speed, have good hands, are competitive and attack the ball vs body catching, they pan out nicely especially in 3rd downs and red zone situations.
With Juco kids I always worry about the work ethic and/or possible character concerns. But I'll trust the staffs judgment.

Tough to gage his true speed in the highlights but he has size and can high point the ball, win contested catches (albeit against Juco db's). With our lower receiver depth & high end talent I say f*** it.
If we’re serious about adding him it speaks volumes that they’re willing to take a JUCO kid...

Especially considering his size & athletic profile, to me, it’s pretty much them saying they think he can contribute as a big bodied Tall Flanker, which was supposed to be for a particular player they already added...

I’m all for adding him if we can, people have underestimated the need for another WR, the staff has basically spent most of post Spring camp turning over every rock & checking every crevice they can find for a WR lol

Advertisement
If we’re serious about adding him it speaks volumes that they’re willing to take a JUCO kid...

Especially considering his size & athletic profile, to me, it’s pretty much them saying they think he can contribute as a big bodied Tall Flanker, which was supposed to be for a particular player they already added...

I’m all for adding him if we can, people have underestimated the need for another WR, the staff has basically spent most of post Spring camp turning over every rock & checking every crevice they can find for a WR lol
Facts. If Ladson ain't it find a similar guy athletically and throw numbers at the problem. But man do we need to hit on the 2023 receiver class in the worst way 😬.

Honestly, **** speed. He’s 6’4 216. He’s gonna be carrying corners with him into the end zone. I’m not talking about you in particular but this fanbase overrates speed on a constant basis and that why they **** themselves over Mark Pope but guys like Elijah Moore aren’t takes. The question you should ask is “Is he a good football player?”. If the answer is yes then you take him and put him in the best situation to produce.

Advertisement
Back