JUCO DT Julio Derosier offered

Just out of curiosity, if this guy ends up at Oregon or Washington does it go from "don't want this guy, what is this staff going?" to "how did we lose out on a kid at this position to Oregon/Washington, what is this staff doing?" ?

He's committed to Oregon...He played for our school (Homestead) and lives right sround the block from me. He was a great offensive tackle and switched to DT in college. He has alot of potential on the defensive side of the ball.

Do you think we have a chance?

Advertisement
It would be the most silent of commits. Oregon hasn't offered him yet apparently.

Last edited:
Just out of curiosity, if this guy ends up at Oregon or Washington does it go from "don't want this guy, what is this staff going?" to "how did we lose out on a kid at this position to Oregon/Washington, what is this staff doing?" ?

He's committed to Oregon...He played for our school (Homestead) and lives right sround the block from me. He was a great offensive tackle and switched to DT in college. He has alot of potential on the defensive side of the ball.

Do you think we have a chance?

Most definitely do... He would enjoy playing for UM

BroncoNation,
This is slightly off-topic, but do you see Johnnie Hankins as a RB or CB at the next level? He looked good at corner in the limited snaps I saw.

BroncoNation,
This is slightly off-topic, but do you see Johnnie Hankins as a RB or CB at the next level? He looked good at corner in the limited snaps I saw.

I can honestly see him at CB at the D1 level. He's very physical and has great hips to play the position. He has good ball skills but as of right now you will only see him little at CB.

Advertisement
There's potential in Derosier's film.

If he came in this fall he'd definitely be competing with Moore and Ivery for our 4th DTs spot.

This is gonna be a player to watch now that Kamalu decided not to come to Miami.

Is he gonna take the summer class and try and get in to Miami?

Was excited about Derosier before but I'm with Ridler -- worth even more attention since Ufomba's vanishing act.

Advertisement
Can't evaluate off limited tape nor qualified to speculate on kid's past injuries, so will go with the coaches assessment on whether this kid is Miami talent. Let's load up on big bodies and sort them out in due time.

I agree and understand you don't mean take just anybody, but rather kids with clear potential at the position. Canes with knowledge of the game who poster here make it clear DT is a difficult position to predict because it takes time for the kids to get big enough and strong enough to be effective in the trenches. We've had the unfortunate situation of having to play first year guys in the trenches. The results have been predictable. Good post!

Can't evaluate off limited tape nor qualified to speculate on kid's past injuries, so will go with the coaches assessment on whether this kid is Miami talent. Let's load up on big bodies and sort them out in due time.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back