Juco DT Jeffrey M’ba

Advertisement
We didn’t hire a Defensive Coordinator until February 1st
Mario pulled multiple 4* defensive players (Moss, Kelly etc.) without a DC. Not sure the explanation is that simple. He didn't say the situation at Miami was unsettled, he said he felt wanted/prioritized more at Auburn.

Mario pulled multiple 4* defensive players (Moss, Kelly etc.) without a DC. Not sure the explanation is that simple. He didn't say the situation at Miami was unsettled, he said he felt wanted/prioritized more at Auburn.
"I liked Miami but the situation was complicated because (coach) Mario Cristobal just went there but at the end of the day, I needed to go where I am wanted the most, and that is why I am going to Auburn."

He said both

"I liked Miami but the situation was complicated because (coach) Mario Cristobal just went there but at the end of the day, I needed to go where I am wanted the most, and that is why I am going to Auburn."

He said both
Good catch, I missed the first part of the sentence (too fixated on the wanted part and ignored the preceding part of the explanation).

Advertisement
I’m pretty sure that guy committed to GT back in the day

Gunter Kryston or something like that

You're thinking of another kid from NJ who had a German name...was apparently headed to UM but was talked out of it by George O'Leary's GT staff. There was a kid on GT's roster at the time (Nick Nettles?) who was a UM transfer and reportedly played a role in the negative recruiting...remember this was not too long after Marlon Barnes had been murdered with lots of love schools exploiting situation.

Last edited:
You're thinking of another kid from NJ who had a German name...was apparently headed to UM but was talked out of it by George O'Leary's GT staff. There was a kid on GT's roster at the time (Nick Nettles?) who was a UM transfer and reportedly played a role in the negative recruiting...remember this was not too after Marlon Barnes had been murdered wity lots of love schools exploiting situation.
Totally forgot Nettles transferred to GT

👀

Saw this clip on the Maxed Out show tonight. When was the last time we had a DT do this on a pass rush? He's not just a space eater.

Announcer said DC was raving about M'Ba, just there was a language barrier they were working through. DC also said there are general football terms that he doesn't recognize yet. Supports @Zbrod95 point that he's still very raw.

Dude may have the highest ceiling of any DT in the portal. Was playing at 6'6" and 315 at Auburn. Max also said he was running ~4.8

Last edited:
Advertisement
👀

Saw this clip on the Maxed Out show tonight. When was the last time we had a DT do this on a pass rush? He's not just a space eater.

Announcer said DC was raving about M'Ba, just there was a language barrier they were working through. DC also said there are general football terms that he doesn't recognize yet. Supports @Zbrod95 point that he's still very raw.

Dude may have the highest ceiling of any DT in the portal. Was playing at 6'6" and 315 at Auburn. Max also said he was running ~4.8

Could be a solid pick up. Max don’t know **** though. He’s always exaggerating stats.

Advertisement
Advertisement
He isn’t in the portal

@Canesallday09 said he was in the portal in the post below. Was the report premature or did he withdraw?

So what exactly happened last year when he picked Auburn? It's rare for a kid that Mario wants to feel wanted more at another school (especially one with the coach on a short leash).

Auburn beat us out for two DTs last year (Jayson Jones and M'baa), was scratching my head last year when that happened and still find it puzzling.
Regarding M’baa, DM me and I’ll tell you if you’re interested knowing why Auburn beat out Miami for him.

Advertisement
Back