Juco DE prospect Jihad Ward

Advertisement
I hope he goes to Tennessee....

Get me outta here...enough of this thread

It's funny how sometimes we can tell porsters ideology/political convections/misconceptions/stereotyping etc. from their replies on a football message board!
No further comment.

I've tried to hide mine as best as I can...I don't think anyone could describe what's going on in Syria today as anything other than jihad. Why did his parents name him that?

While this is NOT the platform to discuss this, let me quickly point out how wrong you are. What is happening in Syria now is not Jihad like you say. Think about it for a second. If you think that Jihad is fighting the "infidels", the two sides fighting in Syria has nothing to do with religion. Both are Muslims. One side is an oppressive dictator who is supported by Russia and Iran and the other side being the people who revolted against him. See how far off you are?
This name, when given to children in the Middle East, is never thought of in the sense of violence in any way, shape or form. See DapperSlapper description above.

You're a dope. The Sunnis do not even consider the Alawites to be Muslims.

I could go on and on but why bother?
Were you born there?
Have ever lived there?
Did you go to school there?
Do you speak the language?
Do know history of the region first hand?

Typical superiority-complex-full, armchair observer who think he knows more about a people in a far region of the world more than they know about themselves, their language, and can even tell them what their words mean.
I don't like to call people names, but you're the dope one.

Jihad is a fairly common name in Arabic cultures (I know a couple of people with the name). It means "to struggle to bring oneself closer to God" (more or less). That being said, I am sure many of my phone conversations have been recorded from having said the name numerous times on calls.

Technically correct, conceptually incorrect.

The Prophet said at the conquest of Mecca 'There is no migration now, but only Jihad, fighting for the cause of Islam. When you are asked to set out on a Jihad expedition, you should readily do so.' Muslim:C20B1N4597

I have been commanded to fight against people until they testify to the fact that there is no god but Allah, and believe in me (that) I am the Messenger and in all that I have brought. Muslim C9B1N31

Jihad is holy fighting within Allah's Cause with full force of members and weaponry. It is given the utmost importance in Islam and is one of its pillars. By Jihad Islam is established, Allah's Word is made superior, and Islam is propogated. By abandoning Jihad Islam is destroyed, and Muslims fall into an inferior position; their honor is lost, their lands are stolen, their rule and authority vanish. Jihad is an obligatory duty in Islam on ever Muslim. He who tries to escape from this duty, or does not fulfill this duty, dies as a hypocrite. Noble Qur'an 2:190 Footnote

A man came to Allah's Apostle and said, 'Instruct me as to such a deed as equals Jihad in reward.' He replied, 'I do not find such a deed.' Bukhari V5B52N44

Jihad is compulsory. Muslim: C40B20N4676

'Men, do you know what you are pledging yourselves to in swearing allegiance to this man?' 'Yes. In swearing allegiance to him we are pledging to wage war against all mankind.' Ishaq:204

The Hadith, or the words and actions of Muhammed, give a more complete understanding of what is what. The Qur'an, is supposedly Allah speaking. But in the Qur'an, they are to follow the words and deeds of Muhammed.

Jihad is exactly what we THINK it is. ****, we've seen enough of it over the past decades.

Jihad is a fairly common name in Arabic cultures (I know a couple of people with the name). It means "to struggle to bring oneself closer to God" (more or less). That being said, I am sure many of my phone conversations have been recorded from having said the name numerous times on calls.

Technically correct, conceptually incorrect.

The Prophet said at the conquest of Mecca 'There is no migration now, but only Jihad, fighting for the cause of Islam. When you are asked to set out on a Jihad expedition, you should readily do so.' Muslim:C20B1N4597

I have been commanded to fight against people until they testify to the fact that there is no god but Allah, and believe in me (that) I am the Messenger and in all that I have brought. Muslim C9B1N31

Jihad is holy fighting within Allah's Cause with full force of members and weaponry. It is given the utmost importance in Islam and is one of its pillars. By Jihad Islam is established, Allah's Word is made superior, and Islam is propogated. By abandoning Jihad Islam is destroyed, and Muslims fall into an inferior position; their honor is lost, their lands are stolen, their rule and authority vanish. Jihad is an obligatory duty in Islam on ever Muslim. He who tries to escape from this duty, or does not fulfill this duty, dies as a hypocrite. Noble Qur'an 2:190 Footnote

A man came to Allah's Apostle and said, 'Instruct me as to such a deed as equals Jihad in reward.' He replied, 'I do not find such a deed.' Bukhari V5B52N44

Jihad is compulsory. Muslim: C40B20N4676

'Men, do you know what you are pledging yourselves to in swearing allegiance to this man?' 'Yes. In swearing allegiance to him we are pledging to wage war against all mankind.' Ishaq:204

The Hadith, or the words and actions of Muhammed, give a more complete understanding of what is what. The Qur'an, is supposedly Allah speaking. But in the Qur'an, they are to follow the words and deeds of Muhammed.

Jihad is exactly what we THINK it is. ****, we've seen enough of it over the past decades.
This is not the place to debate this, otherwise I would have easily shown that who ever wrote this has picked texts that only serves his/her purpose. Emphasizing a very narrow use of the word and ignoring were it was mentioned so many times to describe non-violent and spiritual forms of struggle.

Mods: Please delete this thread. It's way beyond taking its course.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back