Juco DE prospect Jihad Ward

Advertisement
I hope he goes to Tennessee....

Get me outta here...enough of this thread

It's funny how sometimes we can tell porsters ideology/political convections/misconceptions/stereotyping etc. from their replies on a football message board!
No further comment.

I've tried to hide mine as best as I can...I don't think anyone could describe what's going on in Syria today as anything other than jihad. Why did his parents name him that?

Jihad War(d): WOW. Just, wow.

Good Find, RayLew, Good Find, lol. Wow, is right. Just can't make this stuff up!

Some parents don't think before naming their kids. My Lord.

Reminds me of a dude I went to school with. His name was Sammel (pronounced "some" + "l") Sutton.

Whenever he'd come by, this kid always said, "I smell suttin" :rollcanes:

umm there is a high population of Muslims in Philadelphia im guessing the kid or his parents have the faith hence the name....

Knew a few kids oin college from philly that also had the name....they called em Haddy.

Advertisement
umm there is a high population of Muslims in Philadelphia im guessing the kid or his parents have the faith hence the name....

Knew a few kids oin college from philly that also had the name....they called em Haddy.

There's a larger population in NYC. Never met ONE Muslim with the name Jihad. Not one.

Jihad Ward, the **** kind of name is that? That's like the crazy parents naming their kids Adolf Hitler. Only looney tunes do that type of stuff.

Unreal

I like Jahid Ward's highlights and he would be crazy to go UT the culture shock would be unreal an from reading some of thier forums Volnation rednecks are already coming out with catchy phrases about this kid that are soooooo bigoted.

Being from philly I am sure AG knows about this kid because he was getting recruiting attention coming out of High School.

http://articles.philly.com/2011-09-17/sports/30169405_1_defensive-line-nebraska-edward-bok-tech

It looks like he signed to attend GIT in New York with one of his teammates from Edward Bok Vo-Tech HS.
http://globeinstitutetech.prestosports.com/sports/fball/2013-14/schedule

Coming out HS he wanted to study engineering or music production , both which are good programs at UM.

I think there may be a reason UM has not recruited this kid. The competition his JUCO plays is very suspect with exception of a few teams.

Interesting tidbit is Ward only received a partial scholarship to GIT, so he must have really wanted out of philly. I am also wondering what happened with him to attend GIT on a partial offer when he initially had full ride offers in high school at the start of his SR year. According to the article quoting his HS Coach
Connecticut and Towson have stopped at Bok to express personalized interest in Ward while schools such as Penn State, Georgia, Wisconsin and Nebraska have fired off letters.

All said and done I realy like the find based on his athleticism but I wonder how he fairs against quality olinemen because the one's in his highlight look like High School kids more then JUCO players. Also he plays with a high pad level and at 6'6" he will get lit up at the FBS level. But if he can get into a program by for Mid year an go thorough spring ball I think that could help but he most likely could use a redshirt year. Afterward he could be a terror both inside and on the edge in a 3-4.

Go Canes

Advertisement
Here is another Tidbit I got from volnation.

http://www.volnation.com/forum/tennessee-vols-recruiting/199282-14-juco-dt-jihad-ward-3.html

Originally Posted by :
"My coach sent my film out and Tennessee was one of the schools I sent my film to and I really like Tennessee and they make me feel comfortable there," Ward said. "I think SEC would be good for me and it would make me better. The coaches have been talking to me about going there and they could make me better. We talk usually once or twice a week."

"Tennessee is really talking to me a lot and I think they really care about how I'm doing," Ward said. "I know this is a business and nothing is personal, but they know what I'm going through and they like my attitude to go to school, go to class and practice and all of that. They have my major and they're in the SEC. Tennessee is my top one right now."

"I talked to Tennessee about a visit and they're checking on dates for a visit. Washington is talking to me about a visit as well," Ward said.

Globe Tech coach Cameron Chadwick, a former defensive back at Rutgers, sees in Ward someone that not only has the physical tools to play in the SEC, but also the right mentality as well.

"On that level you have to have the mindset. There's a lot of kids that have the talent, but you have to have the mindset and the talent to make it on that level. He definitely has that and shows that every day," Chadwich said. "He's a student in the classroom and he's a mature young man and he's a great athlete. He has a low of raw talent, moves very well for someone at 285 pounds and he can run with the best of them. He has a lot of upside."
-VQ

Along with the Vols, Washington, Temple, Boise State, Florida State, West Virginia, USC and Kentucky have all shown interest.

It's funny how sometimes we can tell porsters ideology/political convections/misconceptions/stereotyping etc. from their replies on a football message board!
No further comment.

I've tried to hide mine as best as I can...I don't think anyone could describe what's going on in Syria today as anything other than jihad. Why did his parents name him that?

While this is NOT the platform to discuss this, let me quickly point out how wrong you are. What is happening in Syria now is not Jihad like you say. Think about it for a second. If you think that Jihad is fighting the "infidels", the two sides fighting in Syria has nothing to do with religion. Both are Muslims. One side is an oppressive dictator who is supported by Russia and Iran and the other side being the people who revolted against him. See how far off you are?
This name, when given to children in the Middle East, is never thought of in the sense of violence in any way, shape or form. See DapperSlapper description above.

No further comment.

While this is NOT the platform to discuss this, let me quickly point out how wrong you are. What is happening in Syria now is not Jihad like you say. Think about it for a second. If you think that Jihad is fighting the "infidels", the two sides fighting in Syria has nothing to do with religion. Both are Muslims. One side is an oppressive dictator who is supported by Russia and Iran and the other side being the people who revolted against him. See how far off you are?
This name, when given to children in the Middle East, is never thought of in the sense of violence in any way, shape or form. See DapperSlapper description above.

One of the best posts I've seen in my time here.

Advertisement
I like Jahid Ward's highlights and he would be crazy to go UT the culture shock would be unreal an from reading some of thier forums Volnation rednecks are already coming out with catchy phrases about this kid that are soooooo bigoted.

Being from philly I am sure AG knows about this kid because he was getting recruiting attention coming out of High School.

http://articles.philly.com/2011-09-17/sports/30169405_1_defensive-line-nebraska-edward-bok-tech

It looks like he signed to attend GIT in New York with one of his teammates from Edward Bok Vo-Tech HS.

Coming out HS he wanted to study engineering or music production , both which are good programs at UM.

I think there may be a reason UM has not recruited this kid. The competition his JUCO plays is very suspect with exception of a few teams.

Interesting tidbit is Ward only received a partial scholarship to GIT, so he must have really wanted out of philly. I am also wondering what happened with him to attend GIT on a partial offer when he initially had full ride offers in high school at the start of his SR year. According to the article quoting his HS Coach
Connecticut and Towson have stopped at Bok to express personalized interest in Ward while schools such as Penn State, Georgia, Wisconsin and Nebraska have fired off letters.

All said and done I realy like the find based on his athleticism but I wonder how he fairs against quality olinemen because the one's in his highlight look like High School kids more then JUCO players. Also he plays with a high pad level and at 6'6" he will get lit up at the FBS level. But if he can get into a program by for Mid year an go thorough spring ball I think that could help but he most likely could use a redshirt year. Afterward he could be a terror both inside and on the edge in a 3-4.

Go Canes

One way to fix the pad level problem is to wear your shoulder pads lower...strap 'em on around your hips.

Kinda like how Linda Lovelace had her **** in her throat.

But in this case, the name was Given to a child living in Philly, not the Middle East! We've been at war with self proclaimed jihadists since before this kid was born.

As someone well versed in arabic once told me, jihad does not mean holy war. Jihad as was mentioned in a previous post means to struggle or a struggle. Linguistically this can be applied in any type of struggle, whether you are at war with yourself, with someone or something else, etc. It doesn't even have to be physical, you can have a jihad of your will if you are struggling to lose weight, or a jihad with anything that you are attempting to overcome. Anyone that says it means holy war or that it has more than one meaning does not know what they are talking about.

With that being said, if he's the goods bring him on down.

Advertisement

No further comment.

Not really. The oppressive dictator is secular. The other side is probably more religious. This is the more of the Arab spring stuff. Just because Assad is anti-American does not mean he is not secular. Once he is gone there will be another Muslim run nation there. Neither side is our friend. As to meaning of names and words, 1400 years of history should tell you the answer better than opinions and self-serving definitions. Make up your own mind.

As to this kid, if he can bring pain to our opposition, I am all for him. Don't give a crap about his name.

No further comment.

You're a dope. The Sunnis do not even consider the Alawites to be Muslims.

I could go on and on but why bother?

Jihad is a fairly common name in Arabic cultures (I know a couple of people with the name). It means "to struggle to bring oneself closer to God" (more or less). That being said, I am sure many of my phone conversations have been recorded from having said the name numerous times on calls.

The word DOES have multiple meanings...but I don't want to go any further on this on this board....

So does the word ****. That's why I named my first-born son ****.

Advertisement
Back