Joshua Horton DT regular season highlights - COMMITS TO MIAMI 12.4

Advertisement
Advertisement
This kid looks awesome! Don't care about his rating and would be awesome to flip from an ACC rival.

Explosive and athletic...but he's gonna need some coaching for our scheme.

There's not one clip on that tape where he uses his hands. It's all swim moves and using his quickness. Manny would love it but this staff ain't having that. Pretty sure that's one of the main problems they're having with some of our current DL.

He's still a take all day.

This kid has to be one of those kids who when he's on he's on but the rest of the time leaves alot to be desired. Only logical explanation I can think of why he's rated so low after watching his highlights.

Advertisement
Explosive and athletic...but he's gonna need some coaching for our scheme.

There's not one clip on that tape where he uses his hands. It's all swim moves and using his quickness. Manny would love it but this staff ain't having that. Pretty sure that's one of the main problems they're having with some of our current DL.

He's still a take all day.

Maybe the scheme changes if Steele isn’t retained?

Or in the next year or two cause I’m not sure how long steele will be around. Not saying his scheme is a problem but as you said kid is a take either way.

I hope he's not the next Holley, Hayes, Blissett, and Nnoruka. I bet their HS highlight tapes looked real good too.

Holley and Hayes tape was ok for high school competition.

Blissett just had the injuries pile up on him.

Who the f’ is Nnoruka? The depth DT Manny brought in a few years ago as a grad transfer?

He’s got measurables and has good tape. It’s worth the risk on your roster.

Advertisement
Maybe the scheme changes if Steele isn’t retained?

Or in the next year or two cause I’m not sure how long steele will be around. Not saying his scheme is a problem but as you said kid is a take either way.
i think we should keep steele in an off field role mentoring a younger DC on the rise. i dont think steele was awful this year but i think we could do better and still think he benefits that side of the ball whether its mentoring coaches and kids.

Advertisement
i think we should keep steele in an off field role mentoring a younger DC on the rise. i dont think steele was awful this year but i think we could do better and still think he benefits that side of the ball whether its mentoring coaches and kids.
This is a topic for another thread but I wonder what the reception would be for a potential Steele retirement and Charlie Strong taking over DC.

This is a topic for another thread but I wonder what the reception would be for a potential Steele retirement and Charlie Strong taking over DC.
my arguemnt against that is that he hasnt coordinated in so long. defenses have changed since he last called a D. again, im on board for keeping them around the program and go with the rising stars that are younger and connect w kids. strong at one point was the best in the business. that point was a long time ago. if we get turned down again by schumann or others, then that would be the next best stop gap though. strong for a season again to stopgap call the D and then go DC Hutning again. regardless, idk if the defensive side is getting shaken up and they werent as big of an issue as the offense. they were by no means great though.

no one hits 100 percent. she didnt. i think she left bc of how she handled anyone that disagreed with her and then couldnt take it when the info was wrong.
Probably left cause of the affiliation with OBB and now they have their own deal going

Steele is a very old school hard nosed guy who has caused staff issues in the past at other stops. I don’t think he would take an off field role he would probably rather just retire. Just my guess

Advertisement
Back