Joshua Horton DT regular season highlights - COMMITS TO MIAMI 12.4

Advertisement
Advertisement
You would think there will be coaching shakeups on the defensive side of the ball at North Carolina, which should help

Advertisement

He’s ranked very low still 886
I know the general rule is to ignore the rankings. But there's something a little off here.

He's been a 3 year starter for an unbeaten nationally ranked team, and he's made 81, 96 and 105 total tackles with 3 sacks each year.

In other words, he's not an under the radar kid playing in the sticks, who nobody has ever heard of. He's a known commodity with multiple set of eyes on him and that team each week.

Yet despite all the attention and the tackles, he's still a consensus lower tier 3* (78 on ESPN and 5.5 on Rivals). Its fairly safe to say the recruiting services just don't like him. Even guys who don't camp at all are ranked higher.

I'm not arguing for or against him. But the fact that he's still ranked where he is tells me he isn't getting much of a bump. Definitely not by all 4 sites. Which.. again doesn't matter. But don't expect him jump up at this point.

Advertisement

He’s ranked very low still 886
I try not to pay much attention to recruiting rankings, and I admit I'm not even 100% sure how they are even calculated... but #886 in the country is a little hard to ignore. This is VERY low.

Anyone have any idea why he's ranked so low? #92 overall in Georgia? Are you telling me there are 91 players in Georgia that are better than he is?
I looked on 247 and his offer list isn't terrible. (UNC, Miami, Auburn, UCF, Arkansas.)

His highlights are impressive.

Advertisement
I try not to pay much attention to recruiting rankings, and I admit I'm not even 100% sure how they are even calculated... but #886 in the country is a little hard to ignore. This is VERY low.

Anyone have any idea why he's ranked so low? #92 overall in Georgia? Are you telling me there are 91 players in Georgia that are better than he is?
I looked on 247 and his offer list isn't terrible. (UNC, Miami, Auburn, UCF, Arkansas.)

His highlights are impressive.
That's a good question. He's got the size, the offer list, and the film.

Two of his teammates are top 100 players. Another is a 4*. And a 4th, the 5'7 WR committed to Jackson St, is ranked higher than him. So yeah.. There's something they don't like about him.

Advertisement
Back