Joshua Horton DT regular season highlights - COMMITS TO MIAMI 12.4

Advertisement
I try not to pay much attention to recruiting rankings, and I admit I'm not even 100% sure how they are even calculated... but #886 in the country is a little hard to ignore. This is VERY low.

Anyone have any idea why he's ranked so low? #92 overall in Georgia? Are you telling me there are 91 players in Georgia that are better than he is?
I looked on 247 and his offer list isn't terrible. (UNC, Miami, Auburn, UCF, Arkansas.)

His highlights are impressive.

It's a valid question but a couple things:

- many kids are bound to be underevaluated for whatever reason. Not sure why this kid would be
- would you rather he be a higher 3 star? Or a low 4 star? I'd argue that the difference b/w a 4 start kid in the 250-300 range is not a whole lot different than a kid in the 300-800 range. Meaning, that's where talent evals really show their worth. After 150-200, it's kind of a crapshoot imo.

Advertisement
It's a valid question but a couple things:

- many kids are bound to be underevaluated for whatever reason. Not sure why this kid would be
- would you rather he be a higher 3 star? Or a low 4 star? I'd argue that the difference b/w a 4 start kid in the 250-300 range is not a whole lot different than a kid in the 300-800 range. Meaning, that's where talent evals really show their worth. After 150-200, it's kind of a crapshoot imo.
He's ranked #896. I see what you're saying though. What's strange to me is that of the 5 players on his team that are ranked, he's the only one they undervalue? Two of his teammates are top 100 kids. Another is a 4*. Even the 5'7 WR committed to an FCS school is ranked higher. So its just kinda odd that he's the only one they **** on. And its all 4 sites.

A ton of tackles for a DL in high school.

I assume we are looking at him as a DT and he is playing DE for his high school.

Picked UNC over Auburn and UCF but had plenty of other schools interested.

High-priority target and UNC commit:

He's a stud. No question. Similar style to Taylor. Very fast, interior ballhawk. Seems much bigger than LT in HS. Dude looks ready now. Didn't see him bull any OL into next week, but maybe that's a good thing. Too fast, too many moves. Doesn't need to.

Advertisement
Judging by the film and size he is massively underrated. Uses his hands well and is quick off the ball and strong at the point of attack. Saw him take on a double team square on and still hold his ground and even made the tackle on the play. That type of playmaking ability is not the 8 hundred whatever ranked player. I would take him in a heartbeat!!!

Advertisement
He's ranked #896. I see what you're saying though. What's strange to me is that of the 5 players on his team that are ranked, he's the only one they undervalue? Two of his teammates are top 100 kids. Another is a 4*. Even the 5'7 WR committed to an FCS school is ranked higher. So its just kinda odd that he's the only one they **** on. And its all 4 sites.

No lie, it's an odd one, for sure. It's not like he plays on a really small school team that isn't very good. He plays in Georgia, in a high classification, and is teammates with good prospects. Kind of like Emory, though, in a way. He was unranked for a while and now he's a potential 4 star. Point is, there are always kids out there that are discovered very late.

No lie, it's an odd one, for sure. It's not like he plays on a really small school team that isn't very good. He plays in Georgia, in a high classification, and is teammates with good prospects. Kind of like Emory, though, in a way. He was unranked for a while and now he's a potential 4 star. Point is, there are always kids out there that are discovered very late.
He may not have camped which is where a lot of the ranking is decided since sites like 247 are not watching every high school game

Advertisement
You take him, you let him get acclimated to the team while bringing in 2 portal guys, and he’s ready to produce in 2024.

He’s got moves and power. Ranking seems off and I’m normally a guy that is skeptical of three-star fluff pieces.

Advertisement
Back