Joshua Horton DT regular season highlights - COMMITS TO MIAMI 12.4

Advertisement
“This might not be the only defensive lineman Miami is close to flipping as well”-dong
Interested Kevin Nash GIF

Advertisement
Advertisement
Comp looks weak but kid is going to be a monster after a college weight room. Can fill in right behind jackson. They look similar.

Mack Brown knows talent so I don’t care about star rating. Get him in a weight room, redshirt and unleash him in 2024

Comp def isn’t weak, lol. That is some of the best ball in Georgia. I like this kids ceiling and he is the type of DL we need to be stacking to RS and not forced to play right away. Like you said, you take guys like this and coach them tf up and hope in 2-3 years you have hit on them. An agile twitchy 6’4 290+ DL is what we need more of. No more 6’1 280 pound interiors, low success rate there. Taking too many of those is how you get whooped.

Comp looks weak but kid is going to be a monster after a college weight room. Can fill in right behind jackson. They look similar.

Mack Brown knows talent so I don’t care about star rating. Get him in a weight room, redshirt and unleash him in 2024
Pretty sure he plays in the biggest classification in GA and one of their tougher regions. Team is #18 in the country. Could be that he's just making the comp look weak.

Advertisement
Comp def isn’t weak, lol. That is some of the best ball in Georgia. I like this kids ceiling and he is the type of DL we need to be stacking to RS and not forced to play right away. Like you said, you take guys like this and coach them tf up and hope in 2-3 years you have hit on them. An agile twitchy 6’4 290+ DL is what we need more of. No more 6’1 280 pound interiors, low success rate there. Taking too many of those is how you get whooped.
I didn’t watch all 8 minutes but the offensive line he was going against looked small and weak. Maybe he is just that big and strong.

Either way Mario is sticking to what he said which is recruit body types.

Height, weight, wingspan all check out.

We got too many tweeners all over the roster and it shows on game day when players nuts aren’t good. We got stumpy OL, slow Lb etc…

Advertisement
I didn’t watch all 8 minutes but the offensive line he was going against looked small and weak. Maybe he is just that big and strong.

Either way Mario is sticking to what he said which is recruit body types.

Height, weight, wingspan all check out.

We got too many tweeners all over the roster and it shows on game day when players nuts aren’t good. We got stumpy OL, slow Lb etc…

Body types is exactly right. Play the odds and trust your coaching/development. LT took a huge step this year, Miller played well in spot duty and Jackson was everything we expected him to be. We just need MORE guys.

How many #800 ranked players end up producing?

Zion and Quincy Roche turned out okay. Anez seems to be a hit early on.
Look, no one is saying this kid is going to be the next Fletcher Cox, but as we all know this rankings stuff isn’t an exact science. He has some natural God given tools to work with + our need for interiors = no brainer.

Advertisement
Back