Every one is entitled to their opinion
Mine is that he will end up avg at best
Around a starter level
For us to go the cfp level
We need at minimum 3/4 of the starting dline to be 1st or 2nd team all acc
And at least 1 or 2 all American level
I just don’t see that in him
He doesn’t have that next level burst I was hoping to see
Doesn't have BURST? That's the one thing that's CLEARLY EVIDENT. 1st step/get off jumps off the screen! What remains to be seen, viewing only clips & last night's game) is how he responds in a fair fight. No way to tell how tough or determined he is until Jalen Rivers smacks him in the mouth on Greentree. Or Cohen hopefully.

Every one is entitled to their opinion
Mine is that he will end up avg at best
Around a starter level
For us to go the cfp level
We need at minimum 3/4 of the starting dline to be 1st or 2nd team all acc
And at least 1 or 2 all American level
I just don’t see that in him
He doesn’t have that next level burst I was hoping to see
I respect your opinion but not your writing style. It’s like a D3 version of Japanese poetry

I guess we have different standard for jag
To me anyone who is just a p5 starter or below is jag
To be above avg in my opinion The player needs to be an all conf performer or better

Basically jag = just another guy = average
If have a bunch of jags u end up with jag records
Which is anything from 5-7 to 7-5
That’s the range we hover around

This will be another guy posters hype up
To make themselves feel better about missing out on the elite prospects that we missing out on left and right at d tackle

Esp on the dline
We need to land 5 star talent on the dline at least one on a yearly basis
That’s how u stack the talent on the dline
This would be a good secondary dt
But he shouldn’t be the main one
We need a true stud with him
Esp since we signed no top tier dt last year

That’s what Clemson does
When u look closely at their classes
No matter where they rank they year in and year out load up on d line
Watching this kids tape has some traits; quickness, size, he’s long armed, COD skills. This kid has NFL traits at this stage..these traits compare well to “5star” traits imo. The star system matters to a degree but what’s most important is traits. This kid has those. Will it pan out? Who knows..Nesta was a 4 star Id say this kids ceiling is higher..and I like some of what nesta brought to the table. Was just sawed off with short arms . DJ Johnson was a freak 5star..I’m excited about this take/flip late in the game

Advertisement
Watching this kids tape has some traits; quickness, size, he’s long armed, COD skills. This kid has NFL traits at this stage..these traits compare well to “5star” traits imo. The star system matters to a degree but what’s most important is traits. This kid has those. Will it pan out? Who knows..Nesta was a 4 star Id say this kids ceiling is higher..and I like some of what nesta brought to the table. Was just sawed off with short arms . DJ Johnson was a freak 5star..I’m excited about this take/flip late in the game
My overall point is Horton may be a decent developmental prospect but he should not be our main haul
He is a complimentary recruit
It’s like tinalalau a good developmental prospect but we have mauigoa to lead the group
He’s the type of player that you need to reach that cfp level
The dt group is severely underwhelming

My overall point is Horton may be a decent developmental prospect but he should not be our main haul
He is a complimentary recruit
It’s like tinalalau a good developmental prospect but we have mauigoa to lead the group
He’s the type of player that you need to reach that cfp level
The dt group is severely underwhelming
I wouldn’t call Horton “developmental” but I definitely agree he is a complimentary recruit. I like him to be a quality bench rotational guy.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Lol I had that thought too. JHH has been a solid player for us so I would take that production from Horton.
Yeah for sure a nice rotational players. I guess if that’s what we get from Horton as a 3 star it makes sense. Just thought it was eerily similar how they both DT’s dunking and we’re all sold because of it lol

Advertisement
Freaky. This is who I want my 3 stars to look like - athletic freaks with traits to develop.
Fringe 4 star with a lot of 4 star tools. Despite his ranking he has the size and tools to be very productive in college with Good coaching and development.

Advertisement
Back