But I’ll bookmark this and repost in 3 years
Uga would not lose a top tier in state dt prospect

Advertisement
I watched some of that game
He’s a jag
We won’t know for sure
just because UGA didn't get him, he's a JAG?

they get EVERYONE they want?

you should defeinitely bookmark it because you're already way off and no time has passed

Last edited:
just because UGA didn't get him, he's a JAG.

they get EVERYONE they want?

you should defeinitely bookmark it because you're already way off and no time has passed
Jag is just a guy
Means he’s avg
If he can be a starter that’s avg
Nothing wrong with avg
Most players will be avg
That’s a numeric fact
Everyone is not all conf or better

Advertisement
Horton is now .8817 and composite 554 and rated above Mikeska, and Bobby Washington.

His ranking that I mentioned earlier was true, maybe it was just being updated or something but anyone with a brain and set of eyes knew there wasn’t 900+ players in the country better than him. I wouldn’t be surprised if 247 gives him a bump as well from 86 after the playoff performance that he has had. They won state last night, btw.

Who was the poster basically saying all DL ranked in the 800’s never worked out?

I watched some of that game
He’s a jag
We won’t know for sure
Hey, you might want to visit Pearle Vision or consider a new TV. He won't dominate Day 1 on a college campus, but he's a better than solid DT prospect. He faced a double team much of the night & still created havoc. Blew things up when tried blocking 1-on-1. Quick first steps, nice size, great motor. Late in game also lined up a few plays at DE. Hard to find tape of a DT more active or having greater impact on a game. Impressive performance.

Hey, you might want to visit Pearle Vision or consider a new TV. He won't dominate Day 1 on a college campus, but he's a better than solid DT prospect. He faced a double team much of the night & still created havoc. Blew things up when tried blocking 1-on-1. Quick first steps, nice size, great motor. Late in game also lined up a few plays at DE. Hard to find tape of a DT more active or having greater impact on a game. Impressive performance.
Every one is entitled to their opinion
Mine is that he will end up avg at best
Around a starter level
For us to go the cfp level
We need at minimum 3/4 of the starting dline to be 1st or 2nd team all acc
And at least 1 or 2 all American level
I just don’t see that in him
He doesn’t have that next level burst I was hoping to see

Advertisement
Jag is just a guy
Means he’s avg
If he can be a starter that’s avg
Nothing wrong with avg
Most players will be avg
That’s a numeric fact
Everyone is not all conf or better
JAG is a depth/rotation guy in my book. If this kid becomes a Quality starter I wouldn’t be surprised. You never know on the Dline interior. Seen the biggest HS freak shows level out at the p5

JAG is a depth/rotation guy in my book. If this kid becomes a Quality starter I wouldn’t be surprised. You never know on the Dline interior. Seen the biggest HS freak shows level out at the p5
I guess we have different standard for jag
To me anyone who is just a p5 starter or below is jag
To be above avg in my opinion The player needs to be an all conf performer or better

Basically jag = just another guy = average
If have a bunch of jags u end up with jag records
Which is anything from 5-7 to 7-5
That’s the range we hover around

This will be another guy posters hype up
To make themselves feel better about missing out on the elite prospects that we missing out on left and right at d tackle

Esp on the dline
We need to land 5 star talent on the dline at least one on a yearly basis
That’s how u stack the talent on the dline
This would be a good secondary dt
But he shouldn’t be the main one
We need a true stud with him
Esp since we signed no top tier dt last year

That’s what Clemson does
When u look closely at their classes
No matter where they rank they year in and year out load up on d line

Last edited:
I guess we have different standard for jag
To me anyone who is just a p5 starter or below is jag
To be above avg in my opinion The player needs to be an all conf performer or better

Basically jag = just another guy = average
If have a bunch of jags u end up with jag records
Which is anything from 5-7 to 7-5
That’s the range we hover around

This will be another guy posters hype up
To make themselves feel better about missing out on the elite prospects that we missing out on left and right at d tackle

Esp on the dline
We need to land 5 star talent on the dline at least one on a yearly basis
That’s how u stack the talent on the dline
This would be a good secondary dt
But he shouldn’t be the main one
We need a true stud with him
Esp since we signed no top tier dt last year

That’s what Clemson does
When u look closely at their classes
No matter where they rank they year in and year out load up on d line

Agreed the trenches are key and I'd prefer to see another highly rated NT in this class (and at least one P5 starter-quality portal addition).

But there's only like 5-7 true 5* DL available on a yearly basis (and most of those are edge rushers, not interior guys). Don't get hung up on the stars. When all is said and done, we are going to end up with at least 2 DL in the top 75 players in the 2023 class (Wayne and Bain). And by 247 ranking, Horton is a top 30 interior DL prospect right now. There just aren't that many dudes that size walking the Earth.

Advertisement
Star ***** update:

Kinsler, Horton & Bobby all got bumped to a four star on Rivals. Expect all to move up over 100+ spots when 247 finishes the composite updates.
I admittedly don’t know specifics of rankings and at this point other than for bragging purposes don’t care. But I mentioned a few days back I expected 3-5 of our guys to end up 4 stars.

But regarding the 1-2 teams in front of us could we jump anyone without even adding a commit.

Agreed the trenches are key and I'd prefer to see another highly rated NT in this class (and at least one P5 starter-quality portal addition).

But there's only like 5-7 true 5* DL available on a yearly basis (and most of those are edge rushers, not interior guys). Don't get hung up on the stars. When all is said and done, we are going to end up with at least 2 DL in the top 75 players in the 2023 class (Wayne and Bain). And by 247 ranking, Horton is a top 30 interior DL prospect right now. There just aren't that many dudes that size walking the Earth.
I know man
I’m not conferenced as much with edge rushers
We have been stacking nicely with moss Kelly and now Wayne, Collins and Bain
And I can see players like Malik being situational rushers
The issue is DT all the top dline are anchored from the inside out
And Mario is an elite recruiter
One the best in the biz
So it’s not unreasonable to expect him to land at least one top 5 dt yearly
Recruiting is like trading options
Very unpredictable and u can’t guarantee anything
So u gotta stack the odds in your favor as much as possible and hedge to your favor
And the hit rate on the 5 stars are much higher so we gotta stack them on a yearly basis

Advertisement
Star ***** update:

Kinsler, Horton & Bobby all got bumped to a four star on Rivals. Expect all to move up over 100+ spots when 247 finishes the composite updates.

Yup. And people get hung up on the stars without looking at the rankings. On 247 right now the players ranked 1-34 are 5*, and the players ranked 35-423 are 4*. Our two 5* players are No. 2 and No. 8. And our lowest ranked 4* is Jackson at 218. Our top 11 recruits right now are all in the top 218. That's a pretty strong top half of the class (and looking to get better in the next 10 days).

Our 4* players are high 4* players. And even most of our 3* players are high 3* players (all within the top 726, minus Tinilau). Ignore the stars and focus on the numerical ranking (and our high average player ranking).

I know man
But Mario is an elite recruiter
One the best in the biz
So it’s not unreasonable to expect him to land at least one top 5 dt yearly
Recruiting is like trading options
Very unpredictable and u can’t guarantee anything
So u gotta stack the odds in your favor as much as possible and hedge to your favor
And the hit rate on the 5 stars are much higher so we gotta stack them on a yearly basis

I hear you, but that's a bit bigger ask than I think is reasonable. I'd expect a top 10 NT every year, though.

Yup. And people get hung up on the stars without looking at the rankings. On 247 right now the players ranked 1-34 are 5*, and the players ranked 35-423 are 4*. Our two 5* players are No. 2 and No. 8. And our lowest ranked 4* is Jackson at 218. Our top 11 recruits right now are all in the top 218. That's a pretty strong top half of the class (and looking to get better in the next 10 days).

Our 4* players are high 4* players. And even most of our 3* players are high 3* players (all within the top 726, minus Tinilau). Ignore the stars and focus on the numerical ranking (and our high average player ranking).

Pythagoras has entered the chat…

Thanks for the context as well as logic. Just a bit baffled hearing folks refer to Horton as a jag. Don't care about the star nonsense, but if you're into that he's a 4-star and top 30 interior DL. So, that's 1 of 30 and how many major college programs are there? Interior guys with size and talent are hard to find & in demand. Should be encouraged by the pick up rather than the jag nonsense. This is a bad-*** grown man - not a fat, lazy blob you're hoping to transform.

Advertisement
Back