2022 Joshua Conerly Jr, 5 ⭐️ OL, class of 2022 offered

Advertisement
I don’t think we land him as unfortunately I believe that ship has sailed but to be honest, a lot of those CBs, mainly due to the 5/6 confidence levels look like “oh that was just his last visit” CBs.

Especially with Wiltfong…
If those guys are confident, they have no problem throwing out that 8 so we know it’s real. I know that one fella did and I don’t know his rep but Wiltfong and Biggins are the big 2, and a 5/6 from them doesn’t indicate that this is anywhere close to it being locked up based off of the info they have, IMO.
Blair Angulo covers the Northwest region for 247, he’s the lead guy for Oregon/UW/OR ST/Wast ST etc, he gave a 7.

Chris Trevino is an USC insider, he logged in a 7.

Scott Eklund is the Gaby Urrutia version for UW & he gave an 8.

Ryalnd Spencer who covers local Washington High School Football was the first to log in a CB of 6 just last week.

I don’t think you get that much symmetry without someone telling them they got him, doesn’t mean they did, but it’s pretty rare for 8 different writers/analyst to all put in a CB unless they’ve heard something pretty concrete.

Blair Angulo covers the Northwest region for 247, he’s the lead guy for Oregon/UW/OR ST/Wast ST etc, he gave a 7.

Chris Trevino is an USC insider, he logged in a 7.

Scott Eklund is the Gaby Urrutia version for UW & he gave an 8.

Ryalnd Spencer who covers local Washington High School Football was the first to log in a CB of 6 just last week.

I don’t think you get that much symmetry without someone telling them they got him, doesn’t mean they did, but it’s pretty rare for 8 different writers/analyst to all put in a CB unless they’ve heard something pretty concrete.

breaking bad GIF

Advertisement
Advertisement
****. I knew he was a major long shot. I wonder if Mario regrets burning that in-home in December if the kid wasn’t committing until April. He’s going to be a 3 and done first round player IMO. We need to win these in the future if we want to be elite.

Conerly and his father took a very under the radar visit up to Oregon this weekend. he must have posted something on his instagram and then deleted it. Their 247 writers are silent on all questions.

He may not be as settled on USC as people think...

Conerly and his father took a very under the radar visit up to Oregon this weekend. he must have posted something on his instagram and then deleted it. Their 247 writers are silent on all questions.

He may not be as settled on USC as people think...
Perhaps he should take his time in his recruitment to figure out where he wants to go before making a hasty decision that cannot be changed via some sort of transfer portal (if it were to exist). I think his best choice is to reclassify to a 2023 player and take the next year off.

Last edited:
Advertisement
USC boosters have thrown down a Solid NIL package that to this point the Ducks insiders have not matched. According to someone on the Oregon site, the offer is well into six figures per year for 3 years. Seems Oregon boosters haven't come close to matching some of the NIL deals offered at other places to the top guys... USC wants him bad. Conerly and Dad went to Oregon to discuss offer

USC boosters have thrown down a Solid NIL package that to this point the Ducks insiders have not matched. According to someone on the Oregon site, the offer is well into six figures per year for 3 years. Seems Oregon boosters haven't come close to matching some of the NIL deals offered at other places to the top guys... USC wants him bad. Conerly and Dad went to Oregon to discuss offer
Sooooo sounding like it’s USC vs Oregon and we’re not even in the convo at this point.

We can't offer a pkg for this kid, or are we just out of it completely?

Advertisement
We can't offer a pkg for this kid, or are we just out of it completely?
We seem to be hesitant to dramatically alter our salary structure which seems to be tied to expected playing time. Six figures per is reserved for our starters.

Officially you can't make an offer in Florida in advance too, I believe.

Advertisement
Back