2022 Joshua Conerly Jr, 5 ⭐️ OL, class of 2022 offered

Advertisement
He really didn't look good at the all American game. But I guess the tools are there.
You know who else looked terrible at the Army All-American all-star game a few years ago? The answer is, Trevor Lawrence. Last I checked, he turned out to be a pretty good collegiate QB. He threw 2 picks and lost 2 fumbles in that game. It meant absolutely nothing when it came to his play in college.

All of that, plus the other massive thing people overlook with the OL.

How well they work together. You can generally look at an OL player and say they're a tackle, guard, center, etc on the build alone. Still, that doesn't mean a thing until you see them in action and then how they all work together. If they do this, the guy beside them feels that movement, sees it, and knows where to go. It's like you're all one body, but certain parts and moving together fluidly.

That's what made those early 2k units so **** good. They worked together as one. Hope we find some of that with the new eyes and coaching we have coming.
The thing with those teams was always how close they were off the field. They lived together,they went out together,they ate together. Kehoe used to take them out to big cheese 3 times a week and the next one had to order for the other. Everyone went bowling on campus together etc. Now these kids just go around in cliques,play video games and go to the office or g5. They honestly don't know **** about each other and u can see It in their play. That'll change under Mario. He knows how important that cohesion is.

The thing with those teams was always how close they were off the field. They lived together,they went out together,they ate together. Kehoe used to take them out to big cheese 3 times a week and the next one had to order for the other. Everyone went bowling on campus together etc. Now these kids just go around in cliques,play video games and go to the office or g5. They honestly don't know **** about each other and u can see It in their play. That'll change under Mario. He knows how important that cohesion is.
Offensive lines should be like this all the time. Back in 2019, I remember Romberg and McKinnie looking at the room and seeing how split up everyone was.

Advertisement
All great points. If 1 guy on the OL messes up makes the whole unit look bad. They need to communicate, pass guys off, trust each other to do their job. Seemed like those things improved when Clark took over at C, I know he has some weaknesses but excited to see what Mirobal and Marion can do with this unit.

Really need this dude to be locked up. Don't let him out of Miami when he gets here.

So he is going visit the end of this month 28-30 correct?

My last coach preached this as well long ago. He was on to something. He has had quite a run. My room was cliquey. My high school room was tight, still is to this day and we rarely lost.

File this under of course your team will be way better if you are close so hopefully the new boss makes it a priority. Sounds as if he will so thanks for posting.

Really need this dude to be locked up. Don't let him out of Miami when he gets here.

So he is going visit the end of this month 28-30 correct?
Would be nice to get him to go ahead and end his process right then instead of dragging it out another month or two. I hope/have to believe that he's visiting us first because it's a possibility he likes it so much he just signs on NSD and ends the process.. But if there's any doubt, he'll go ahead and delay and take his last few visits. Probably need a perfect trip to get him to consider just shutting it down.

Advertisement
RIP UC bowling lanes

Imagine manny calling everyday
And u have to hear that lisp on a daily basis
No wonder he couldn’t recruit
Agree but let's not kid ourselves imagine him calling everyday? Well he didn't recruit so apparently he didn't call everyday maybe every month unless u were an easy get. If he found out it would be difficult I'm sure when a recruit texted him his reply would be, new phone who dis?

Advertisement
The point would be Zion who was horribly prepared#1 didn't have solid fundamentals and a good base to grow from. Horrible hand placement ,shaky feet and a weak core. Opposed to this kid hasn't spent one second in a strength and conditioning or a nutrition program and he already has the mentality and the fundamentals solidly in place to start out with. You're simply refining this kid and by September the kid is easily 305. He's staying at this weight because of his basketball season. It's a night & day situation. I say that while I still say he will be a back up as a freshman if we land him. These kids we have already will be fine with the coaching they'll reciever now. Only question comes from the mental side and if they can be nasty in the trenches, stepping on facemasks and poking people in the eyes.
Lmao

Agree but let's not kid ourselves imagine him calling everyday? Well he didn't recruit so apparently he didn't call everyday maybe every month unless u were an easy get. If he found out it would be difficult I'm sure when a recruit texted him his reply would be, new phone who dis?
Hahahahah

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back