Josh White 4* LB (c/o 2020)

With Ed around the program and hopefully advocating for us, and having Strong and Steele on him, we definitely have a real shot.

Edit:Baylor will be a school to watch for..Aranda (who recruited him to LSU) is there and much closer to home
as you pointed out I think the combo of playing close to home with the coach who recruited him originally will be tough to over come but man i believe in this staff to get it done.

Advertisement
Question for someone in the know...At this stage, do you think those who enter the portal have a decent idea of where they want to go?

Right now, basically every school is reaching out to whoever. Regardless if they’re in the portal or not. He already had a basic idea of who his options were before he jumped in.

There’s a familiar name on this board from a couple cycles ago doing really well at an FCS school, he has P5 schools blowing his phone up daily.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Well no that’s where it stops for me 😂😂😂 I cannot do that due to my other obligations but I can assist in the communication process
LOL! I'm messing around. I have no clue about him at all, but I know Mario and nem aren't going to offer portal guys just to offer them. Hopefully we can get him down for a visit, and Mario and company seals the deal!

Advertisement
Anyone have the Ferman story on White that was just published
about an hour ago?
In summation:
  • In 24 hours he has heard from 15 schools
  • He talked to Rod Wright, and it's the first time he's ever talked to him, but they talked big picture and Miami needs at LB position
  • He is interested in Canes and is good friends with Flagg - they talked yesterday
  • While he has heard from 15 schools, several have yet to actually offer a spot but lists offers from TCU, Baylor, and UM
  • Wright told him he could slot in at any of the LB spots in our Defense
  • No leaders, going to listen and give coaches a chance to make the pitch

Advertisement
Back