Josh Sanguinetti a take?

In the film/highlights he does look impressive. however the individual testing results are huge red flags. Yes, there are tons of guys who play faster than their 40 times but this guy's measureables are bottom barrel type stuff. You can deal with a guy who might run a slower 40 if he's got above average agility and acceleration but if you're not big, not fast and not agile, you're not going to cut it at a premier P% university.

Advertisement
Just so I'm clear, we're now saying JS isn't a good athlete based on one 40 yard dash that no one knows if it reflects his true speed or the conditions in which it was run? Just want to make sure I'm on the side of the narrative of the board.

I am not going to completely take him off the board because of a bad day of testing. But he isn't as much of a priority as he was probably 6 months ago.

I've said it before, but the 28.5 vertical is even more damning (and you can't blame it on track conditions or wind). Indicates a lack of explosiveness in his lower body.

To give some context, Stevenson had a 37.7 vertical, Dent scored a 35.4 vertical, Battle had a 34.2 vertical, Smith had a 35.7, Elam at 31.4, Couch a 35.7, Davis a 32.7, and even Diamonte Howard put up a 31.7.

For more context, Tyler Davis weighed in at 293 lbs. and had a 28.4 vertical. Sam Anaele (who tested very well) weighed 243 lbs. and had a 31.0 vertical. Daxon weighed 315 and jumped 27.1. And Cam William hit a 29.0.

It's not just that his testing results are bad or below average. It's that they are far below average for a college DB (in nearly every measured category, but especially vertical jump).

I haven't been paying attention to recruiting that much because we 6 months away but I took a look at this Spaghetti guys twitter and saw "Bag Chasers" in all caps. So he IMO is clearly after the bags. I'm kind of relieve he doesn't seem legit and we're not going after this dude. Not a single penny will be dropped on this kid with combine numbers like that. Talk about asking for bags prematurely LMFAO.

Advertisement
Dallas Crawford BALLED in High School. He was as good or better that his H.S. teammate Sammy Watkins. One had the speed & athletic ability for the next level, one did not.
Sound familiar? That’s why I’m dubious of Spaghetti’s putrescent athleticism. He won’t be playing against rag-armed QBs who float 15 yard passes at the marquee P5 level. Those picks that he’s almost fair-catching in his highlights won’t be there against guys who can rip it at this level.

I've said it before, but the 28.5 vertical is even more damning (and you can't blame it on track conditions or wind). Indicates a lack of explosiveness in his lower body.

To give some context, Stevenson had a 37.7 vertical, Dent scored a 35.4 vertical, Battle had a 34.2 vertical, Smith had a 35.7, Elam at 31.4, Couch a 35.7, Davis a 32.7, and even Diamonte Howard put up a 31.7.

For more context, Tyler Davis weighed in at 293 lbs. and had a 28.4 vertical. Sam Anaele (who tested very well) weighed 243 lbs. and had a 31.0 vertical. Daxon weighed 315 and jumped 27.1. And Cam William hit a 29.0.

It's not just that his testing results are bad or below average. It's that they are far below average for a college DB (in nearly every measured category, but especially vertical jump).

I'll agree with this. The vertical does tell you something as the conditions won't matter unless there was some sort of leg injury. Tip of the hat to you.

Just so I'm clear, we're now saying JS isn't a good athlete based on one 40 yard dash that no one knows if it reflects his true speed or the conditions in which it was run? Just want to make sure I'm on the side of the narrative of the board.

Per The Opening, it was run May 5, 2018 at Massillon Washington High School, "sunny & 75 degrees" on fieldturf. That's all I could find, but comparatively, two kids (in Ohio) ran in the 4.4s that day. And at least 18 kids ran in the 4.5s (I stopped counting once I got to Sango's name).

But it's not just the poor 40 time. His other testing results are also well below average.

I haven't been paying attention to recruiting that much because we 6 months away but I took a look at this Spaghetti guys twitter and saw "Bag Chasers" in all caps. So he IMO is clearly after the bags. I'm kind of relieve he doesn't seem legit and we're not going after this dude. Not a single penny will be dropped on this kid with combine numbers like that. Talk about asking for bags prematurely LMFAO.
He might get a lunch bag full of Walmart coupons after being outjumped by 3 worms at that combine and outrun by Joseph Summerlin.

Advertisement
Not just his poor testing but his poor performance overall in the camp circuit this summer. He’s gotten burned by everyone.

Lol bag chasers doesn’t actually mean he’s asking for bags. If you don’t understand that you too old to be on twitter anyways.

Not just his poor testing but his poor performance overall in the camp circuit this summer. He’s gotten burned by everyone.

Is this true? Okay so that changes things. I was not aware he not performing well in 1 on 1s either. Bad testing and bad performances. No good.

Is this true? Okay so that changes things. I was not aware he not performing well in 1 on 1s either. Bad testing and bad performances. No good.
Who can he cover 1v1 as a worse overall athlete than white suburban lax players? This kid is a giant meh. No one should be sweating this recruitment

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back