Josh Pate on the post spring football landscape

- Cam ward
- X
- bain
- edit and Francis on ol
- And any early enrollee

If it’s anyone other than that IDGAF even if there are some other great players potentially in play. None of them will trigger me

If He Dies Ivan Drago GIF

Drag Race Dancing GIF by Robert E Blackmon

Last edited:
Advertisement
I am all for player movement if a player wants to transfer. If coaches can leave, players can leave.

I’m no attorney, but maybe a possible future change is to make scholarships include language that commits the player to the duration of the scholarship. Treat scholarships as a contract. Include no-compete language. NIL gives players financial opportunities they did not have in the past, so I don’t know what a two or three year scholarship limiting movement prevents the player from doing. The player is agreeing to a mutually beneficial agreement with whatever university they sign out of high school.

This might open the Pandoras box to being statuses an employee, but why couldn’t players be labeled independent contractors? Especially if the language in the scholarship the student voluntarily signed makes such stipulations?

The NCAA has ****ed this up so bad you literally have 2 free agency periods and kids can transfer as many times as they want.

Won’t bother me as long as we get a blue chip rb, corner and safety. Throw in a Dy for good measure, lol.
Agreed and since we only have 5 CBs on the spring roster let's get at least 2 this portal period in addition to a Safety a RB,WR and DT

Advertisement
I am all for player movement if a player wants to transfer. If coaches can leave, players can leave.

I’m no attorney, but maybe a possible future change is to make scholarships include language that commits the player to the duration of the scholarship. Treat scholarships as a contract. Include no-compete language.
so you’re the one

was any coach loyal to any university? no. so dont expect the same from players. everyone is there for a reason and it isnt bc they love a school. even mario bounced on his school when the opportunity was better.
It was either bounce from UM....or bounce on Goldens skull...

Advertisement
I feel like every year every window we hear the same thing. Every year it increases is this really news?
You nailed this. I was also expecting the end of days like he was hinting at. That was hot air and fluff.

It's something new, some will be piliged and some will be the robber Baron's. My opinion is it's click time, viewership etc. It's a issue with podcast providers.

You nailed this. I was also expecting the end of days like he was hinting at. That was hot air and fluff.

It's something new, some will be piliged and some will be the robber Baron's. My opinion is it's click time, viewership etc. It's a issue with podcast providers.
Pate is legit though, most of what he says, comes to fruition.

Advertisement
So...we talking suitable swap for Parrish or an upgrade?

Feels like all our regular sources are hinting at this.

While help is OTW with Fletcher coming off injury, Ajay Allen, and a sensational first year guy in Lyle, we need a dude with plenty of proven production ready for August 31st when we take a trip to the Gainesville Landfill and set their program back five years with a 31-17 victory.
Upgrade or Parrish wouldn't have been out the door to begin with. He was going to split snaps here and be a number 2 and he'll split snaps at Ole Miss and be behind Ulysses Bentley.

Pointless move unless it would have been a clear demotion to 3rd on the depth chart here.

Crazy how long it takes to change a culture…

And if we’re worrying about players leaving because we want to upgrade the roster, well is the culture fixed? In particular, players recruited by the head man himself?

C’mon…it’s shear lunacy to think that in today’s environment you will have zero turnover. A talented player who leaves the program is not a sign of a bad culture. ‘Bama suffered its share of transfers during the Saban era. Yet, ‘Bama was considered the gold standard for how to run a football program.

How players conduct themselves during practice (effort, teamwork, communication, etc.) are telling signs of culture, not a handful of players who seek more playing time or more money.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back