Josh Pate On Miami

Advertisement
Strawman, not sure I've ever seen anyone call Mario an elite coach here - and I hope we don't moving forward. If so it was probably during his 4-0 run lol.
Furthest thing from a strawman, we literally have been having this debate about Mario being an alleged top 10 Coach in the Elijah Rushing thread on the recruiting board.

Plenty of people on here view him as Elite, foolishly so, but I didn’t pull that notion out of thin air.

Advertisement
Pate is smarter than you dorks. You all are up in your feels for being 6-3 after a 4-0 start. That's why whatever record we end with is a 'disappointment' - because you were expecting the same Mario who finished 5-7 last year to be competing for the playoffs or a NY6 because we started 4-0.

The Texas AM win caused some people to increase expectations

The GaTech debacle, which was the start of TVD completely derailing the offense and sabotaging the season is why we are all so disappointed

Over the past 20 years, Miami is in elite class for finding ways to ***** up, with having your 4th year QB going awol and it’s OC severely regressing being this years theme

We will find something new in 2024

We’re not beating Florida State this Saturday night. As of today, a Miami win would be one of the biggest upsets in the series history. I wouldn’t be surprised if the game was effectively over by halftime, and FSU tries to run up the score. Beating FSU would require TVD having a miraculous turnaround, as dramatic as his fall since the TAMU game. Can’t see it happening.

Can Miami beat Louisville and Boston College?

Louisville hasn’t been impressive on the road. They’ll play as if the game is there Super Bowl though, and a win puts them in the ACC championship game against FSU.

Boston College is not a good team. Miami almost always plays crappy up there, so who knows? The team may quit on Mario if they fly into Chestnut Hill on a three-game losing streak.

The only chance is if Emory starts, he plays well enough to open up the offense, and the defense continues to play at a high level.

The Texas AM win caused some people to increase expectations

The GaTech debacle, which was the start of TVD completely derailing the offense and sabotaging the season is why we are all so disappointed

Over the past 20 years, Miami is in elite class for finding ways to ***** up, with having your 4th year QB going awol and it’s OC severely regressing being this years theme

We will find something new in 2024
the lack of creativity and unable to find uses for the speed on the roster is another thing

playing cupcakes for 3 games and a good win vs ATM. we looked better in the soft part of the schedule. the conference play exposed us combined with your favorite coaches idiotic decisions in terms of game management.
Does it make you feel better to think Mario is my favorite coach as you run him down?

Last edited:
Advertisement
Furthest thing from a strawman, we literally have been having this debate about Mario being an alleged top 10 Coach in the Elijah Rushing thread on the recruiting board.

Plenty of people on here view him as Elite, foolishly so, but I didn’t pull that notion out of thin air.
Fair enough, i'm not in that thread. But it sounds like a thread to avoid, no sane posters are still arguing Mario is an elite coach...

At any rate you quoted me with the 'elite coach' comment. If I've said that God help me.

Advertisement
Bruh if we finish 8-4 fine but 7-5 is complete dog **** and anyone who thinks that's an "improvement" eats their own boogers
simon rex booger GIF by Simon Rex / Dirt Nasty

Lol. You guys were probably puffing your chests out the first 4 weeks....
Yup !! Many drank the Koolaid and got Stupid drunk while not paying attention to the reality of what TVD is not. Texas A&M win I credit the receivers second effort in plays that went for TD’s or long gains and amazing catches. They didn’t figure out TVD yet so they overpowered the Aggies by the Defense stepping up and receivers like Young taking a pass 80 yards which was behind the line of scrimmage. Many here just mad because they ran out of excuses for TVD and are now blaming the coaches.😂🤣😂🇺🇸 Merica land of the free and free thinking even for the irrational. I’m just glad the drama is almost over and will be over when TVD goes to the portal. And to you guys that think we are doomed vs FSU I think it’s going to be an upset only if TVD doesn’t play of course and Emory or Jacurri don’t turn the ball over. Y’all have a blessed night.

Last edited:
You realize the “terrible team” he inherited that everyone uses to justify his ineptitude was 7-5??? So if we’re doing math finishing 7-5 isn’t improving ****
You made a silly comment about boogers. I made a better silly comment back at ya. This team sucks. We both agree on that. Does it matter if a turrd is filled with corn and nuts or not. At the end of the day, it still stinks.

Advertisement
You made a silly comment about boogers. I made a better silly comment back at ya. This team sucks. We both agree on that. Does it matter if a **** is filled with corn and nuts or not. At the end of the day, it still stinks.

Sounds painful

Haven't listened yet. But wasn't 8-4 what the majority of this board hoped for before the season started? I remember 9-3 being talked about as a real success.

And before everyone jumps on this, I get that it depends on how you get there. But sometimes, you win games you shouldn't and lose games that you shouldn't.

There's so much to unpack about the stuff that's gone wrong we forget to appreciate all that has been good...
That’s before people saw how good the D was. This should’ve been a 10 win team. Coaching decisions have gotten in the way.

9-3 is a unicorn.

8-4 is the realistic BEST CASE scenario.

I believe we finish the season 7-5 / 6-6.

Under either scenario, you have to question how close we were to finishing 5-7 (again) - or even worse at 4-8.

I said it before, and I will say it again, Mario is going to need a miracle to come out of this unscathed.

Advertisement
Back