Josh Jobe and Alabama db’s

I was watching a big Alabama youtube fan. He was not alright with Jobe and said he was concerned about a very young secondary. Linebackers need to prove themselves.So maybe the defense the supposed strength of the team has flaws.
Running backs are good oline good QB Very good but we match up pretty good. I might have to take the 18.5 points and make some big money. GO Canes !

wait, what? Are you or the Bama fan saying the Bama LBers need to prove themselves?

Outside Linebackers​

• Starters: Will Anderson Jr. and Chris Allen
  • Second-unit: Drew Sanders and King Mwikuta or Chris Braswell
  • Possible breakthroughs: Keanu Koht and Dallas Turner

Inside Linebackers​

• Starters: Henry To’o To’o and Christian Harris
  • Second-unit: Jaylen Moody and Shane Lee
  • Possible breakthrough: Deontae Lawson

I count six 5 stars on the two deep. Probably 4 first rounders.

Advertisement
IMO, jobe will be exploited and abused. Think he’s a mental midget.
Not feeling all the Josh Jobe hate. He's a big corner that is physical at the point of attack. I would have thought most of the attention would be with the other side just abandoned by Patrick Surtain. The DBs and safeties on this defense are back. Banks, Moore, Branch, Wright, Hellam, and Jobe. It's a veteran bunch that have all played big minutes in big games. The off corner will probably be Jalyn Armour-Davis, who like Jobe is a long corner with a physical focus.

Junior college transfer Khyree Jackson will eventually make an impact somewhere, as will true freshman Ga’Quincy “Kool-Aid” McKinstry, both of whom are pushing Armour-Davis.

Real talk, Josh Jobe P.I all day. I suspect we get at least 2 from him. He’s a very grabby CB to make up for his lack of discipline. Artie Burns was the same. P.I all day. Watch! Josh Jobe gets called for P.I or hold at least 2 times
He plays for bama...so that means they are not going to call those P.I

Advertisement
By “opportunities” do you mean just times with the football?

We got sacked on the first play of the game. Had a false start on the 3rd. Sacked to end the drive.

Sacked on the 2nd drive and gained -9 yards en route to a 3 and out.

3 and out gaining 5 yards on the 3rd drive.

We did have a first and 10 at their 22 on the 4th drive. Immediately lost 3, no gain, incomplete pass to a kid with two left hands, field goal.

3 and out on the last drive of the half, and they were kicking a FG to make the game 24-3 at the break, which we luckily blocked and returned for a TD to make it a game.

Our first 12 plays of the football game gained a total of 1 yard. That’s an average of 3 inches per play. Three inches.

At the half we had run 21 plays for 59 yards. We also had 4 penalties, 3 of them presnap. I was there. Their front 7 literally made our kids hold their pocket and walked around the field. We were absolutely flat dominated. In the 2nd half, there were chances for plays. I’ll give you that. Which our outside WRs immediately puked on themselves when afforded the opportunity to make a said play.

What’s done is done. Can’t go back. But we need to be WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY tougher across the board next weekend if we’re going to score on Bama’s defense.

Yes our D got turnovers and made stops but we never gained momentum on offense.. **** even Special Teams made plays it just felt like we were one explosive play away on offense to compete

wait, what? Are you or the Bama fan saying the Bama LBers need to prove themselves?

Outside Linebackers​

Inside Linebackers​

The abundance of talent is just sickening, we just aren't in the same league

Advertisement
For me personally, it all starts up front on both sides of the ball. Doesn't matter how good King is or how all camp the WR's have gotten rave reviews - if we can't keep King in a clean pocket, we're going to get smacked. King's ability to run even gives the o-line an added benefit given that he can be elusive and escape pass rushers, but not every single **** passing down. That's what happened against Clemson.

On defense, we have to get into the backfield and confuse Young, but also find a way to fill those running lanes and make him throw. If they churn out 5-6 yds routinely on the ground, they'll just hold the ball all day long and keep us off the field.

Not feeling all the Josh Jobe hate. He's a big corner that is physical at the point of attack. I would have thought most of the attention would be with the other side just abandoned by Patrick Surtain. The DBs and safeties on this defense are back. Banks, Moore, Branch, Wright, Hellam, and Jobe. It's a veteran bunch that have all played big minutes in big games. The off corner will probably be Jalyn Armour-Davis, who like Jobe is a long corner with a physical focus.

Junior college transfer Khyree Jackson will eventually make an impact somewhere, as will true freshman Ga’Quincy “Kool-Aid” McKinstry, both of whom are pushing Armour-Davis.

The Jobe hate is personal.... and justified.

Advertisement
Ill say it again. The #1 thing is if our 3 interior OL can block Bama. Thats our challenge, its been our challenge against this caliber opponent for 15 or 16 years and bar a couple times maybe, we always failed. Bama has players and they will be where they need to be even if they are not playmakers, they are not gonna be liability. Can we be efficient and win some of the battles, and its starts with the OL.

Outside Linebackers​

Inside Linebackers​

agreed.

that's as good or better core than Barrow/Armstead/Smith ... yeah, I said it!!

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back