Confirmed Josh Gattis

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's weird he wouldn't stay until he qualified for a HC job, what's he get out of leaving other than warm weather?

It's kind of funny all the media losing their minds that we are whiffing everywhere in AD, HC, DC, and OC searches and in all 4 we landed big time guys lol
I think Gattis is leaving for several reasons:

1. More money
2. Better QB in TVD
3. Access to better skilled athletes
4. Complete offensive autonomy. With Harbaugh, Gattis was still working within the parameters of Harbaugh's offense

Advertisement
Advertisement
Not my favorite type of offense but let's not kid ourselves: the guy won the ******* Broyles award last year. We are *******.
Gattis is known to adjust gameplay to fit his personnel. Michigan had to be run heavy due to the QB they had. Their bread and butter was big OL and RB's. He's can run a wide open game plan with Miami's current personnel.

Not sure where in my post you think I said you can't scrutinize the hire... In fact, I said the opposite: when you scrutinize the hire, keep in mind that Gattis was hamstrung by a really ****** QB, yet still one the Broyles award.
It was transparently a backhanded way to preempt any legitimate scrutiny of his philosophy on offense. It’s fine to like the hire and work out how good a fit it will be with the personnel we have.

Advertisement
Advertisement
It was transparently a backhanded way to preempt any legitimate scrutiny of his philosophy on offense. It’s fine to like the hire and work out how good a fit it will be with the personnel we have.
Ron Burgundy What GIF

Advertisement
I love this move and the Kevin Steele move. Both of them are **** good coordinators even if they are not guaranteed home run hires (hard to say anyone is a home run hire for certain). I’m most excited because they are also big names and should further kill the narrative that we are just a broke school with no money.

That sh** should be dead!!
Big names with resumes littered with big program experience while coaching along side big time coaches

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back