Confirmed Josh Gattis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not trying to be a downer but isn't he kind of bro style? I wasn't really impressed with the plan of attack against Georgia (they weren't going to win either way, not saying that) but that's all I've really seen of him honestly.
Not sure I'd single out the UGA game as the story of who Gattis is as an OC. Michigan just didn't have the athletes to compete.

Gattis learned under Moorehead. Gattis while relies heavily on pro-style he emphasizes being unpredictable and playing fast in space (he will go no huddle for large stretches of a game if not the whole game).

While UGA may have been a downer for Gattis, I think k it's worth noting how he attacked the physical and skilled OSU defense. Gattis game planned to be run heavy and physical against Taint. Other games he was pass heavy because he looked to exploited mismatches.

Also, he's a big time recruiter especially at the WR position.

Advertisement
I’m over the moon with the hire but there’s nothing wrong with scrutinizing a coach on the staff it’s the off-season for f*ck’s sake lmao
Not sure where in my post you think I said you can't scrutinize the hire... In fact, I said the opposite: when you scrutinize the hire, keep in mind that Gattis was hamstrung by a really ****** QB, yet still one the Broyles award.

Advertisement
I love this move and the Kevin Steele move. Both of them are **** good coordinators even if they are not guaranteed home run hires (hard to say anyone is a home run hire for certain). I’m most excited because they are also big names and should further kill the narrative that we are just a broke school with no money.

That sh** should be dead!!

1644162386298.gif

Advertisement
Tremendous hire but it’s going to draw some hate from the spread purists because there’s still going to be some under-center stuff.
The under center stuff is a rare thing. Usually if they have a playcall ready that they think will confuse the defense. I'd be more concerned with tight formations and Mario's nature of leaning on his OL instead of the QB. But for what he wants to run he got the best guy to do it. So credit to him for that.

It's weird he wouldn't stay until he qualified for a HC job, what's he get out of leaving other than warm weather?

It's kind of funny all the media losing their minds that we are whiffing everywhere in AD, HC, DC, and OC searches and in all 4 we landed big time guys lol

Advertisement
Advertisement
Were some of y’all expecting anything different besides pro-style under Mario?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back