Status
Not open for further replies.
AE01630B-530A-424B-AE5D-33256FD5F3D3.png

@Cribby every time he has to say the same thing over and over

Advertisement

Fun to read
I raise you

Advertisement
Stop. Turnover argument doesn’t hold water in 12 games. 1, yes.

Yes it does.

Read any analytic preview magazine.

Phil Steele. Bill Connelly. Etc.

Literally all of them factor it in.

That’s why Steele has an entire page dedicated to it in his preview magazine.

Advertisement
I raise you

You saying Gattis camp leaking ****?

So then explain why the Arroyo/Cristobal haters keep talking about "total offense ranked in the 40s" for 2017 and 2018, when the scoring was ranked 18th and 25th respectively.

Because those metrics adjust for things like strength of schedule, field position, plays run, etc.

Ex:

Lets say your defense gave up a TD the first play the other team ran, every single time they had the ball.

How many points would your offense score a game?

The answer is a sh*t ton. You’d have the number one scoring offense in college football.

But that doesn’t mean you have the number one offense in college football. You could have a horrible offense, and you’re going to still have the number one scoring offense due to number of plays run in a game.

The ranking I’m using is an analytic model that tries to adjust for other things that artificially inflate (or deflate) an offense’s numbers.

The ranking I’m citing is FEI combined with S&P+ (hence F+).

I’m not cherry picking a stat to make Arroyo look like sh*t. The opposite is true. I’m using a stat that combines two analytic models to try to provide a balanced number.

It’s the model I consistently cite on this board. Do a search for F+ and I promise you’ll see a bunch of my posts show up.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back