Josh Gattis (before its deleted)

Status
Not open for further replies.
That’s a tad before my time. The Eagles align with Miami. I was 8-9 when I got into football so 86-87 is when I jumped on both. I was a big Cunningham guy. Jerome , Eric Allen , Seth Joyner , Reggie White , Andre Waters etc. One of the nastiest defenses in history.
We got a lot in common, my guy

Advertisement
That’s a tad before my time. The Eagles align with Miami. I was 8-9 when I got into football so 86-87 is when I jumped on both. I was a big Cunningham guy. Jerome , Eric Allen , Seth Joyner , Reggie White , Andre Waters etc. One of the nastiest defenses in history.
Man that’s legitimately my Dad’s story on becoming a fan of each team lol. Then he burdened me with Miami and the Eagles, well, became a blessing in about year nine of my fandom lol.

I loved those uniforms too. It went with the brand perfectly. I remember the one year they wore black tape over the wing on the helmet because the qb coach died. Even that was bad ***.
Don’t forget the black shoes

Advertisement
Slippery Rock. Been to some killer parties there

They’ve got a local brewery with incredible burgers for drunk food too
Slippery Rock police had me on a banned list of people not allowed back on campus back in 1998. Not trying to top ya but if we ever get together at a game and have a beer, I’ll tell you the story, lol

Show me where I changed my stance on Gattis

Look. Gattis getting the boot is the first step

Mario getting this thing back on track is many successful steps away

Hence my dark side comment. I no longer blindly believe
Calm Down Al Pacino GIF

I was messing with you but you were a bit of a mope

Advertisement
You see how no one answered you right???

If I'm your last option of response, it's not looking good kid lol.
lol I mean tbh, at this point everyone is waiting for an official statement not some more rumors. we trust the insiders but again every timeline has been off. this is like the third timeline we've heard from D money and its not Ds fault or even cribbys. theyre just reporting what theyre told. I dont see how Mario can bring back the staff which is why I believe **** be gone and have zero faith in the next hire until proven otherwise, but I dont blame anyone for doubting bc its been almost 2 months since the year ended.

Slippery Rock police had me on a banned list of people not allowed back on campus back in 1998. Not trying to top ya but if we ever get together at a game and have a beer, I’ll tell you the story, lol
Sign me the **** up

We got into A LOT of **** in that area back in the day. Statute of limitations are good by now so…

Advertisement
Re: Arroyo. It would not be a **** hire but I feel like everyone here has already decided he sucks based on . . . what exactly? That Oregon fans didn't like him? It's confirmation bias. Has anyone actually looked at the numbers?

I don't know a **** thing about the guy so I'm not in favor of or against him, but I am surprised at how awful the sentiment is from a guy whom I bet this board knows little about (other than Oregon hated him).

But anyways, I am just preparing myself in case he's the hire so I feel good until the 1st half of the 1st game when I join the rest of you mopes. LOL.

Edit: the term s e x y and d a m n got **** out? What kind of moderating is this?!

Advertisement
Became an Eagles fan - and Randall Cunningham fan - growing up for the same reasons as above. That Defense...and the mobile QB...really made them a treat to watch. The takeaway ability on that defense was legendary.

Have to say I was a closet Buddy Ryan fan, too. Not proud of that part though, being older - he was a real jerk for sure.

I remember Randall generally avoiding injuries considering how mobile and active he was - and I remember reading or seeing somewhere that he liked to slightly 'jump' off the ground to avoid leg injuries as he was being hit. Like he'd do a tiny hop. Remember thinking how clever that was...of course memory fogs the mind and I forgot about the torn ACL.

But I suppose such a strategy leaves you prone to getting pinwheeled or flipped around which can create other injuries. Nonetheless I thought the concept of avoiding a hard plant of foot at impact made logical sense to me as a way to avoid leg injuries.

that's a lie lol. This has never been to the "dismay" of Mario. Mario was telling people since FSU game that he would not be here. Mario has been working to help Gattis land another job and is trying to salvage his career and preserve some value so as to not wreck him.
So that really fits the narrative then. Makes it seem like there are some tears on the Miami side when he leaves....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back