Josh Gattis (before its deleted)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
If Gattis leaves it will be because he was fired. They may call it something silly like a mutual parting but behind closed doors he will have been fired.

1. Gattis is told he is being fired so start looking for another job by date xx/xx- This is critical because otherwise he has no financial incentive to leave. No one else is going to pony up $1.8M to get him to leave his current situation
2. Gattis finds a job - for the sake of this argument lets say he lands the Iowa WR job paying $500K per year
3. Miami agrees to pay him the $1.3M to make it $1.8M or whatever is in his contractual buyout
4. Miami announces a parting of ways or some other bs to help Gattis save face

Either way we need to tell him he is being let go to incentivize him to go look for another job since he likely won't be getting offers anywhere near what we are paying him now.
Well yeah, a lot of things I didn't think about. Hope you're right

1K9fu8UutUt4UvyZnkRDJJwWdlAlis.gif

Advertisement
I’ve told you about the baaaaad feeling I’ve got.I’m trusting the guys in the know on here but I really hope what I’m feeling is gas.

My wife doesn’t so much though 😜
If he goes right now, it’s bc he was pushed out. If Mario doesn’t push him out, It’ll be like watching your best friend die and then having to do it again.

Not accurate. I said he was bringing his Oregon guys before it was out. Including McClendon as wr coach and co OC. Then I posted he interviewed for UGA and he’d leave if offered. Once again that was nowhere.

On top of that I mentioned Kevin smith as a possibility a week before he was hired , because I know somebody connected there. That’s the same reason I knew about Parrish. Strong was mentioned by multiple people here too. Nobody knew about the coordinators, that’s true. We reached out to Hurtt ( I posted ) and he wanted a dc / play caller position. Lastly I said DVD would pass on FIU and stay on recruiting staff.

All things considered that was pretty decent beens there was only one person who fully knew what was going on…..Mario. So if you must discredit “ insiders “ get their percentages right friend lol. It wasn‘t zero.

Yeah but what else did you know, hmmmm? Haha

Advertisement
If he goes right now, it’s bc he was pushed out. If Mario doesn’t push him out, It’ll be like watching your best friend die and then having to do it again.

I know guys say he’s gone but I just know how stubborn Mario seems and he has to know it can’t help recruiting with him here IF he is pegged to go.If he’s going he just needs to go.***** saving face.He’s the one that didn’t do his job.

Hopefully it’s Mario letting him save face but him saving face isn’t doing the program Mario should be worried about any good UNLESS they know who it is and are telling the recruits which seems far fetched cause there’s no way a bunch of 18-19 yr old kids could keep it quite and it didn’t get out.

Supposedly they were waiting on 12/1 cause the buyout went down or something of the sort.Well todays the 2nd and he’s out recruiting.

Yep it’s a baaaaaaad feeling I got.

I know guys say he’s gone but I just know how stubborn Mario seems and he has to know it can’t help recruiting with him here IF he is pegged to go.If he’s going he just needs to go.***** saving face.He’s the one that didn’t do his job.

Hopefully it’s Mario letting him save face but him saving face isn’t doing the program Mario should be worried about any good UNLESS they know who it is and are telling the recruits which seems far fetched cause there’s no way a bunch of 18-19 yr old kids could keep it quite and it didn’t get out.

Supposedly they were waiting on 12/1 cause the buyout went down or something of the sort.Well todays the 2nd and he’s out recruiting.

Yep it’s a baaaaaaad feeling I got.

This is a fair post and I'm not going to lie that even before reading it.....I shared many of the same concerns.

But I'll say this.... A LOT of people close to the program are calling for Gattis's head. If Mario walks into game 1 of the 2023 season with Gattis still as his OC he'll likely take some hits to this recruiting class down the stretch and lose at least part of the fanbase.

It will be a horribly ugly situation from day 1 of what is supposed to be a new season, and a fresh start.

I simply refuse to believe Mario is that dumb. If Gattis isn't gone this program is in even bigger trouble than what most of us fear.

Advertisement
This is a fair post and I'm not going to lie that even before reading it.....I shared many of the same concerns.

But I'll say this.... A LOT of people close to the program are calling for Gattis's head. If Mario walks into game 1 of the 2023 season with Gattis still as his OC he'll likely take some hits to this recruiting class down the stretch and lose at least part of the fanbase.

It will be a horribly ugly situation from day 1 of what is supposed to be a new season, and a fresh start.

I simply refuse to believe Mario is that dumb. If Gattis isn't gone this program is in even bigger trouble than what most of us fear.

I sincerely hope someone other than me is right but I just can’t figure out why he’s still here.I know Mario doesn’t want to hurt the guys career bla bla bla.Fck that he screwed up so why should he hang around ******** up the program he’s already screwed cause I can’t imagine any offensive recruit wanting any part of his crap staring into space offense.

I can’t wait till I see the post/notice that he’s gone.I just hope it comes pretty quick.

For the dummies read this 50 times over before starting new threads

Mario was at the bar and had 5 way hotter sorority chicks in his bed. Some how some way the first 5 got out of the bed and Josh Gattis got into bed without a drink
Even if true, why should anyone be confident he won’t make the same mistake again?

Well let me be clear.... I'm not a fan of Gattis's play calling and I would like a more creative OC and someone who will actually open up the playbook more. I just have a strange feeling that if Gattis doesn't find another job, Mario will let him return for another year. I know nothing and have no sources tho. Just a feeling lol.
No way that Mario brings back THE guy that destroyed UM's offense, caused the entire QB room to regress, and resulted in Mario being named the worst HC hire in the NCAA for the 2022 season .... dead last with a D- rating. No ... Gattis is gone period.

Advertisement
𝘼𝙡𝙡 𝙎𝙩𝙚𝙚𝙡𝙚 𝙣𝙚𝙚𝙙𝙨 𝙩𝙤 𝙖𝙙𝙙 𝙩𝙤 𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙨 𝙙𝙚𝙛𝙚𝙣𝙨𝙚 𝙞𝙨 𝙘𝙤𝙧𝙣𝙚𝙧𝙨 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙗𝙖𝙘𝙠𝙚𝙧𝙨 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙞𝙩𝙨 𝙜𝙤𝙣𝙣𝙖 𝙗𝙚 𝙖 𝙗𝙞𝙜 𝙩𝙞𝙢𝙚 𝙙𝙚𝙛𝙚𝙣𝙨𝙚
You could say the same about the offense. Both sides of the ball seriously lack talent, but the coordinators have to be held responsible. The defense was bad so Steele has to be held accountable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back