Josh Gattis (before its deleted)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Not accurate. I said he was bringing his Oregon guys before it was out. Including McClendon as wr coach and co OC. Then I posted he interviewed for UGA and he’d leave if offered. Once again that was nowhere.

On top of that I mentioned Kevin smith as a possibility a week before he was hired , because I know somebody connected there. That’s the same reason I knew about Parrish. Strong was mentioned by multiple people here too. Nobody knew about the coordinators, that’s true. We reached out to Hurtt ( I posted ) and he wanted a dc / play caller position. Lastly I said DVD would pass on FIU and stay on recruiting staff.

All things considered that was pretty decent beens there was only one person who fully knew what was going on…..Mario. So if you must discredit “ insiders “ get their percentages right friend lol. It wasn‘t zero.
well first off, my post wasn't directed towards you, more so others who post very vague and broad - somewhat obvious statements about upcoming recruiting wins and / or coaching matters as it's rampid on here and dumb. If others have stuff to post then post what it is and be on with it, rather than saying "soon" "you'll see" and other random things like that as if they know anything, that's my point

my intention is not to dicredit you or your contributions. A lot of those you mentioned were also being talked about on twitter at the same time they were coming through these channels and assumed by many of us, but if you're steadfast that you originated all of that before anyone on twitter then so be it, i've got no reason to doubt you as you for the most part are clear in what you predict, not vague and broad like the wannabe insiders that run the board

Advertisement
I think you know Mario is not going to fire Gattis tho .....
2DAFA223-734A-4912-9BF0-FED1CC5254F3.gif

𝘼𝙡𝙡 𝙎𝙩𝙚𝙚𝙡𝙚 𝙣𝙚𝙚𝙙𝙨 𝙩𝙤 𝙖𝙙𝙙 𝙩𝙤 𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙨 𝙙𝙚𝙛𝙚𝙣𝙨𝙚 𝙞𝙨 𝙘𝙤𝙧𝙣𝙚𝙧𝙨 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙗𝙖𝙘𝙠𝙚𝙧𝙨 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙞𝙩𝙨 𝙜𝙤𝙣𝙣𝙖 𝙗𝙚 𝙖 𝙗𝙞𝙜 𝙩𝙞𝙢𝙚 𝙙𝙚𝙛𝙚𝙣𝙨𝙚

This is such an attempt at hedging on this. If he leaves he leaves. We all know why. That Mario decides not to publicly humiliate him with an open firing doesn’t validate your point in the least.
Who told you to group firing and publicly humiliate together in this situation. I'm being as literal as I can be. Public or behind closed doors ... Mario is not going to "fire" Gattis.

Who told you to group firing and publicly humiliate together in this situation. I'm being as literal as I can be. Public or behind closed doors ... Mario is not going to "fire" Gattis.
You then said Gattis might leave but he’s not getting fired.

If he leaves after 1 season at $1.8 million per, he was fired. Period. Spin it any ridiculous way you want. People will do that anyhow.

Advertisement
You then said Gattis might leave but he’s not getting fired.

If he leaves after 1 season at $1.8 million per, he was fired. Period. Spin it any ridiculous way you want. People will do that anyhow.
I didn't know that would be the only reason for leaving. I guess OC at Miami is better than any other job on the market.

Well let me be clear.... I'm not a fan of Gattis's play calling and I would like a more creative OC and someone who will actually open up the playbook more. I just have a strange feeling that if Gattis doesn't find another job, Mario will let him return for another year. I know nothing and have no sources tho. Just a feeling lol.

Bingo.

And later for the fake classy patience act. Mario and company ****ed the entire season up. They deserve zero benefit of any doubt, regardless of what any connected poster says. Mario Crisnoballs needs to cut the ****, and rid us of the stink surrounding Gattis, Ponce, his gimpy little friend, and the rest of the dopes parading around as coaches. We're an absolute clown show! No amount of recruiting will suffice. No tickle-me feel-good rhetoric will change that.

The fanbase is ready to turn on Mario. He's just to stubborn to realize it, because the days of being patient are over. He will not be able to exploit the "rebuild" line much longer, not when other coaches are yielding IMMEDIATE results, for a fraction of the price.
Half Baked Whos Comin With Me GIF

Advertisement
I didn't know that would be the only reason for leaving. I guess OC at Miami is better than any other job on the market.
If Gattis leaves it will be because he was fired. They may call it something silly like a mutual parting but behind closed doors he will have been fired.

1. Gattis is told he is being fired so start looking for another job by date xx/xx- This is critical because otherwise he has no financial incentive to leave. No one else is going to pony up $1.8M to get him to leave his current situation
2. Gattis finds a job - for the sake of this argument lets say he lands the Iowa WR job paying $500K per year
3. Miami agrees to pay him the $1.3M to make it $1.8M or whatever is in his contractual buyout
4. Miami announces a parting of ways or some other bs to help Gattis save face

Either way we need to tell him he is being let go to incentivize him to go look for another job since he likely won't be getting offers anywhere near what we are paying him now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back