Josh Gattis (before its deleted)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
and now the Iowa OC position is available.

Kung Fu Wtf GIF by A24

Advertisement
Lol at expecting posters to be patient after the **** show of a season and the last offseason hiring debacle…

That’s just not a reasonable expectation…

For those defending Mario’s process or preaching patience, maybe this is a thread you sit out and let people be ****ed at the ****** OC…
worse offense we all probably seen in most of our lifetime! those oc available will be gone quick

I think Mario's interview style is good for identifyihg "teaching ability" in coaches, and it might be somewhat good for figuring out if a guy has the "academic" ability to call plays, but I don't think it addresses coaching-staff-chemistry and I don't think it properly shows whether a guy has the FEEL to call plays in the heat of a game.

I know I keep going back to this example, but it's because some dopes on the board like to harp on "experience". Take Ken Dorsey. He's doing pretty well right now, so I'd simply argue that if a guy has the FEEL for calling plays, that should trump "experience" calling plays.

Gattis may have had all the right answers IN INTERVIEW, but he has clearly failed under the pressure of real-life game situations, with a ticking clock.
I always appreciate your insight. Hope you are doing well.

Advertisement
Lol at expecting posters to be patient after the **** show of a season and the last offseason hiring debacle…

For those defending Mario’s process or preaching patience, maybe this is a thread you sit out and let people be ****ed at the ****** OC…
I mean. You won’t see Miami play another snap for 9 months. Patience is something you’ll need regardless

WAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

Sad Baby GIF

I think Mario's interview style is good for identifyihg "teaching ability" in coaches, and it might be somewhat good for figuring out if a guy has the "academic" ability to call plays, but I don't think it addresses coaching-staff-chemistry and I don't think it properly shows whether a guy has the FEEL to call plays in the heat of a game.

I know I keep going back to this example, but it's because some dopes on the board like to harp on "experience". Take Ken Dorsey. He's doing pretty well right now, so I'd simply argue that if a guy has the FEEL for calling plays, that should trump "experience" calling plays.

Gattis may have had all the right answers IN INTERVIEW, but he has clearly failed under the pressure of real-life game situations, with a ticking clock.
It’s difficult at best to ascertain whether or not a group of people will gel. In interviews, one can glean some insight but until the group actually interacts with one another, it’s a crapshoot.

Advertisement
Sad part is it’s been 15 years since we’ve probably been able to beat Iowa if we played them

What's funny is that Kirk Ferentz has been one of those "imagine what he would do at Miami" guys. Now he's some kind of running joke. So goes CIS.

Advertisement
For those saying to be patient..

Everyone knows it’s happening that’s not the issue

The issue is that Monday, the biggest portal rush ever begins and because we’re dragging our feet on making an inevitable coaching change. It will most assuredly cost us major talent

For those saying to be patient..

Everyone knows it’s happening that’s not the issue

The issue is that Monday, the biggest portal rush ever begins and because we’re dragging our feet on making an inevitable coaching change. It will most assuredly cost us major talent
I can agree with this, especially when it was seemingly an issue last year with not having a DC for in advance of the regular signing day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back