Josh Gattis (before its deleted)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
My guess is this has nothing to do with a buyout and more to do with getting all the pieces in place before announcing anything.

Scenario Mario Wants To Avoid
Fire Gattis before ESD while not having another OC in place. Additionally, there's question marks about Frank Ponce, Kevin Smith, and maybe even Field.

Recruits/Transfers are not surprised (and some potentially relieved) but now they keep asking about who is taking over. Mario has 2-3 options he's seriously considering but the decision maybe drags on a bit. Could be that the #1 option has a few other offers on the table or is waiting for an HC opportunity.

Now recruits (and transfers) are second guessing things a bit because other programs are hitting them up and negatively recruiting us.

Scenario Mario Wants To Implement
Fire Gattis before ESD and have the new OC ready to announce at the same time. This may also result in the announcing of other coaches returning (Smith, Mirabal) and/or other coaches that have also been relieved of their duties (Ponce).

Recruits/Transfers are not surprised by the firing of Gattis and get excited (hopefully) about the new OC coming in. There's probably some other shuffling that happens, for example, new OC is also QB coach so Ponce ends up moving on + we hire a new WR coach to join the new OC.

Now recruits (and transfers) are pumped by the new hire and other programs can't swoop in late to snatch some of these guys.

.......at least that's what I hope is happening behind the scenes.

And with the way Mario conducts interviews (time), I doubt he can fire and hire at the same time without major leaks getting out, which he never wants. He may just have to rip the bandaid off and get to it.

Advertisement
This should help to pass time.

View attachment 217618
Ahhh I remember a simpler time when those would soothe me

rave GIF

My guess is this has nothing to do with a buyout and more to do with getting all the pieces in place before announcing anything.

Scenario Mario Wants To Avoid
Fire Gattis before ESD while not having another OC in place. Additionally, there's question marks about Frank Ponce, Kevin Smith, and maybe even Field.

Recruits/Transfers are not surprised (and some potentially relieved) but now they keep asking about who is taking over. Mario has 2-3 options he's seriously considering but the decision maybe drags on a bit. Could be that the #1 option has a few other offers on the table or is waiting for an HC opportunity.

Now recruits (and transfers) are second guessing things a bit because other programs are hitting them up and negatively recruiting us.

Scenario Mario Wants To Implement
Fire Gattis before ESD and have the new OC ready to announce at the same time. This may also result in the announcing of other coaches returning (Smith, Mirabal) and/or other coaches that have also been relieved of their duties (Ponce).

Recruits/Transfers are not surprised by the firing of Gattis and get excited (hopefully) about the new OC coming in. There's probably some other shuffling that happens, for example, new OC is also QB coach so Ponce ends up moving on + we hire a new WR coach to join the new OC.

Now recruits (and transfers) are pumped by the new hire and other programs can't swoop in late to snatch some of these guys.

.......at least that's what I hope is happening behind the scenes.
Other scenario for “delay” can be Iowa rumors are true and Gattis’s agent is finalizing contract with them before an announcement is made independent of what Mario will be doing with staff.

In hindsight, Mario’s comment about systems being successful elsewhere but not here was him up selling Gattis to potential suitors. Basically saying “Hey his system sucked here but it will be killer for you”

Advertisement
That's a long drive. How do you think the conversation will go?
He didn't say he would put him in the passenger's seat or even in the cabin. The bed of the truck or even better, the trunk of the car is the place he belongs. No one needs to hear his nonsense.

Lol at expecting posters to be patient after the **** show of a season and the last offseason hiring debacle…

That’s just not a reasonable expectation…

For those defending Mario’s process or preaching patience, maybe this is a thread you sit out and let people be ****ed at the ****** OC…

Advertisement
Lol at expecting posters to be patient after the **** show of a season and the last offseason hiring debacle…

That’s just not a reasonable expectation…

For those defending Mario’s process or preaching patience, maybe this is a thread you sit out and let people be ****ed at the ****** OC…

Right. 20 years of winning absolutely nothing but MARIO OWES US RIGHT NOW DAMMIT.

Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back