Josh Gattis (before its deleted)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Where else is he gonna get 1.8M? Even if he gets another job it’ll likely have a significant pay cut.
Mutually part ways is basically fired so we either pay the buyout or he finds a job that pays whatever is reasonable for him.

The expectation is we make it financially beneficial to leave, obviously

Why so late???

pointing GIF

Advertisement
Mutually part ways is basically fired so we either pay the buyout or he finds a job that pays whatever is reasonable for him.

The expectation is we make it financially beneficial to leave, obviously
The question was if we’re not firing him why would he stay?

He would stay because no one’s going be to pay him close to 1.8M. I doubt he’d even find someone willing to pony up a mil.

The admin just needs to suck it up and buy him out. Gattis ain’t leaving on his own.

He would stay because no one’s going be to pay him close to 1.8M. I doubt he’d even find someone willing to pony up a mil.

The admin just needs to suck it up and buy him out. Gattis ain’t leaving on his own.
Yeah… and when it’s announced that he’s fired it won’t say fired, it’ll say “mutually parted ways” and we’ll owe him money and then he’ll be announced somewhere else shortly after.

That plays out literally every offseason lol

Yeah… and when it’s announced that he’s fired it won’t say fired, it’ll say “mutually parted ways” and we’ll owe him money and then he’ll be announced somewhere else shortly after.

Lol case in point is he’s not staying because we’re firing him. It can be called a mutual parting but we’re firing him.

Again the question was why would he want to stay if the school was not firing him. And the answer is he would stay because he won’t make anywhere near as much $ anywhere else.

With the season he put up though I’m sure it’ll take him some time to find another gig, he’ll have to be pushed out.

Advertisement

"Josh Gattis has been named the head coach of Bishop Sycamore high school"

It’s not in him to hang in there. He’ll bolt and go somewhere else and blame it on something. I think he’s entitled and spoiled and doesn’t have the guts to clean up the mess. He’ll leave willingly because that’s the easier thing to do.

It’s not in him to hang in there. He’ll bolt and go somewhere else and blame it on something. I think he’s entitled and spoiled and doesn’t have the guts to clean up the mess. He’ll leave willingly because that’s the easier thing to do.
As much as I agree with your opinion on his character I just don’t see Gattis bailing and not force the school to pay the buyout.

A buyout on 1.8M is a nice chunk of change and if we’re honest he’s likely going to be a position coach or a low level OC at his next gig making 300-500k

Advertisement
Dude literally f’d up an NFL caliber QB to the point where he has to play another season in college just to save his draft stock. AND he messed up the development of our 2 future qb’s.
How the **** has he not been fired yet?!?

Firing Gattis during the season doesn’t resolve anything with the offense and only rises red flags for future coaches. Mario played it right.
I mean honestly I think it would’ve. It would’ve showed the Mario isn’t about playing, if you put up the historically worst offense, you gonna get fired.
Also would’ve given Ponce the chance to audition for the OC spot

As much as I agree with your opinion on his character I just don’t see Gattis bailing and not force the school to pay the buyout.

A buyout on 1.8M is a nice chunk of change and if we’re honest he’s likely going to be a position coach or a low level OC at his next gig making 300-500k
Well, sure. He’s likely contractually entitled to a buy-out. So he’ll get some cash. But I think both sides recognize this is a bad fit so he’ll be gone, a buy-out will be negotiated and each side will be happy.

Advertisement
Well, sure. He’s likely contractually entitled to a buy-out. So he’ll get some cash. But I think both sides recognize this is a bad fit so he’ll be gone, a buy-out will be negotiated and each side will be happy.
Yea Gattis will likely force the school to pay whatever the buyout on his contract is. He doesn’t really have a financial incentive to just bail.

The hold up could be negotiating how much he gets to walk away. I’m sure there is language in a contract for breach. Mario could ask him to completely rethink the offense. If he refused he would be in violation of his contract.

I mean honestly I think it would’ve. It would’ve showed the Mario isn’t about playing, if you put up the historically worst offense, you gonna get fired.
Also would’ve given Ponce the chance to audition for the OC spot
Lol. All that would have happened would be you screaming for Ponce’s head.

Good luck hiring anyone worth a **** if you’re firing coordinators during the season.

Although, I've posted in another thread that if Mario wants to keep Gattis, that's his call and he (Mario) has one year to right this ship, so if he believes in his process and has inside reasons as to why he should he keep Gattis, I was willing to let him have that rope, knowing that if it didn't yield results in a year, his death spiral would have started.

Having said all of that, I do think that no matter what he may think will happen with Gattis as OC in year two, his (Mario's) ability to deflect criticism was eroded when we lost to MTSU and ultimately went 5-7. At 5-7, and with the long-suffering Cane Nation hungry for blood, I do think the smartest thing at this point is to fire Gattis, and get someone with more of a pulse as our OC.

At this point, it's not just an X' & O's thing. Now, it's a public perception thing. It's a goodwill thing with Cane Nation. If he wants them to come to the games and support the team, he has to give as well and after 5-7 and the worst offensive season in my memory of watching the Canes for 5 decades, only a human sacrifice will get it done to fully win back the crowd. I do think Gattis has to go for many reasons, but the biggest is non-X's&O's.

On a side note, with Michigan undefeated and basically running his offense, how much does he regret coming to Coral Gables? He would've been offered a sweet HC's gig had he stayed one more year. Woopsie.
Yea Gattis will likely force the school to pay whatever the buyout on his contract is. He doesn’t really have a financial incentive to just bail.
Josh Gattis signed a 2yr contract. Telling him to Fuq off won’t be costly, especially if he coaches elsewhere, which will offset the amount owed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back