Josh Gattis (before its deleted)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
I agree that Gattis should go-now-tonight.

But, I also think that Mario’s hiring approach played a role. Hire the coordinators you want. Give them a budget and let them hire their assistants.

You can't hold someone responsible for what they don't have control over.

Period.

Mario is enamored with the bro spread.

He probably jerked off like 3 times yesterday watching Michigan give OSU the bidness.

He overestimates his (and Mirabal’s) ability to coach them up. You need a room full of grown men to run that kind of offense. Miami has 1 guy, 2 backups and FCS level linemen.

Unless he hits the portal and somehow Samson comes along with Francis and both are freshmen all-American, this gattass offense isn’t going to work. He is years away from having the horses at line and at Rb

Maybe Mario will delay the firing long enough that his endless search will result in another bro spread meathead or with his buddy ponce because “all the good guys were already taken”

Advertisement
You clearly don't know anything about football. We don't have an offensive line, we haven't had a good o-line in years. We have no talent at WR position, our best one was hurt most of the year. Michigan offensive is what we are trying to get to. Our best wr the last 3 years been transfers .

Did you really sign up just to post this? If so, thank you for joining the discussion.

That said, nothing you posted above has anything to do with the horrible QB mismanagement that we saw this season. Gattis consistently put his QB's in positions of failure. We've noted here many-a-time. The guy displayed zero competencies this season. Couple that with the reports we've seen about his personality issues and I suspect we'll find that the marketplace will end up proving Canes fans to be correct about Josh Gattis.

What program would offer him a job after the season he just had?

Lots of woke athletic departments out there. Gattis checks certain boxes that have nothing to do with production. He'll find a job. That said, I too am curious to see where he lands as well.

He’s a Broyle’s Award winner, for starters. D’Onofrio had a job after UM, it’s not hard to visualize a program that might consider him to be mis-utilized in a Miami rebuild.

I just want him gone, like everyone else.
D'Onofrio has a job coaching flag football at the Miami Boys & Girls Club on Bird Road.

Advertisement
Lots of woke athletic departments out there. Gattis checks certain boxes that have nothing to do with production. He'll find a job. That said, I too am curious to see where he lands as well.
Wake might be open if/when Clawson goes to Stanford

He’s a Broyle’s Award winner, for starters. D’Onofrio had a job after UM, it’s not hard to visualize a program that might consider him to be mis-utilized in a Miami rebuild.

I just want him gone, like everyone else.

D'Nofrio had to sit out a year and ended up at a G5 program where he was fired two years later. He was then out of football for four years and finally landed a job as a position coach. I expect Josh Gattis to have a similar career arc.

Anyone expecting an announcement of a firing this quickly is delusional. Can we at least give it a few days before jumping off the ledge?
Dan Enos was fired the day after the Independence Bowl. Played on Thursday, fired on Friday. I agree with the giving it some days part but let's not act like it is unreasonable to question why it was not done already, especially if they have already agreed to part ways as some have said.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Anyone expecting an announcement of a firing this quickly is delusional. Can we at least give it a few days before jumping off the ledge?

I want his *** fired and I want it done NOW, daddy!!!

1669595724723.png

Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back