Josh Gattis (before its deleted)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
There's no reason why he shouldn't already be fired. It's fine if it takes a few more days but wanting him gone now is completely reasonable.
I notice that trick around here. That's why I love bump threads sometimes. The way some guys speak with conviction about how ridiculous guys sound for impatience or lack of confidence. Remember when some guys questioned the Gattis hire? Wow the venom was strong. It's okay sometimes to take a wait and see approach with some folks' opinions as opposed to shooting them down like the all knowing. But sh*t who am I kidding? I be doing that sh*t too. lol

I have said all along that I got a baaaaaad feeling that Gattis ain’t going anywhere and Mario’s stubbornness Is going to keep this jerk just to show he didn’t make a mistake in hiring.
Mario doesn’t strike me as a person that jumps up and says I screwed up and will try anything to put that square peg in that round hole just to prove a point he wasn’t wrong.

Man I hope I’m wrong but I’ve had this feeling since we all knew Gattis needed to go.

Advertisement
Not sure why everyone thinks there is going to be a public firing.... doesn't seem like Mario's style.

What does a non public firing look like? I am not even being funny, I am sitting here thinking to myself, either he steps down, which would be announced, he takes another job, which would be announced or he gets fired, which would be announced.

“This quickly” - when he should have been fired midseason
Lol the excuse all season was to wait until the end of the season. Season ended 24 hrs ago… dude should have been fired already.

If Mario needs to go through a formal review process to land on firing him jeez man

Advertisement
In hindsight, it seems that Gattis inherited a fairly well-oiled machine at Michigan and even with what seems like a basic, conservative playbook, had enough talent and other coaching resources/support staff at Michigan to succeed.

Here, left to his own devices, he just totally flunked.

He's kind of like the Miami bro born with a silver spoon because mami and papi have a nice company who thinks he's big sh*t because he has a big salary and a nice title and then decides to become an entrepreneur and fails (only to run back to mami and papi).

He got spoiled by success, it went to his head, and he wasn’t emotionally prepared for adversity.

Alabama and Michigan were stable programs with strong, successful head coaches who had been there a long time. He could do the things he believed in and it worked for the most part.

Then 2020 hit. Uncertainty with Covid, season cancelled then reinstated, and his quarterback wasn’t exactly what he needed. They struggled and Harbaugh intervened to save his job. Seems Gattis took it personally.

He comes to Miami and isn’t prepared for the level of development the team needs and unlike his previous jobs, the offensive line exposes his flaws instead of covering them up. His ego makes him deflect blame and he can’t connect with players who are tuning him out because his system has them playing worse.He threw good money after bad until it was too late to salvage any of it.

It didn’t have to go like this, but his stubbornness and lack of experience pushed the toxicity passed the point of no return. I believe his emotional state caused the many basic errors he made in simple play calling and sank any chance for the offense to grow. He struggled with simple things that were easy for him at Michigan. Things you can’t blame on the line.

Pressure busts pipes and Gattis sprung a leak. He will have to get his career back on track somewhere else.

g
He got spoiled by success, it went to his head, and he wasn’t emotionally prepared for adversity.

Alabama and Michigan were stable programs with strong, successful head coaches who had been there a long time. He could do the things he believed in and it worked for the most part.

Then 2020 hit. Uncertainty with Covid, season cancelled then reinstated, and his quarterback wasn’t exactly what he needed. They struggled and Harbaugh intervened to save his job. Seems Gattis took it personally.

He comes to Miami and isn’t prepared for the level of development the team needs and unlike his previous jobs, the offensive line exposes his flaws instead of covering them up. His ego makes him deflect blame and he can’t connect with players who are tuning him out because his system has them playing worse.He threw good money after bad until it was too late to salvage any of it.

It didn’t have to go like this, but his stubbornness and lack of experience pushed the toxicity passed the point of no return. I believe his emotional state caused the many basic errors he made in simple play calling and sank any chance for the offense to grow. He struggled with simple things that were easy for him at Michigan. Things you can’t blame on the line.

Pressure busts pipes and Gattis sprung a leak. He will have to get his career back on track somewhere else.
JG was never a good OC at Michigan. he had poor 2 years then Harbaugh made staff changes and gave him help

What does a non public firing look like? I am not even being funny, I am sitting here thinking to myself, either he steps down, which would be announced, he takes another job, which would be announced or he gets fired, which would be announced.
What does it look like? A press release, perhaps right before a press conference. With the season complete, what is the media availability schedule? Same this week as during the season? Monday and Wednesday (Zoom)?

Advertisement
g

JG was never a good OC at Michigan. he had poor 2 years then Harbaugh made staff changes and gave him help

He had a lot of good games with Patterson in 2019. Bottom fell out in 2020 with McNamara and Harbaugh made changes.

Advertisement
If Gattis finds a miracle and is retained… how long will that thread be? 100 pages?

I don’t think Gattis stays… why would he even WANT to at this point. I got mutually part ways in 7.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back