Josh Gattis (before its deleted)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm just preparing myself for the "Ponce has been promoted to OC and Gattis is taking a job at X school"

This would be a PR nightmare, but I have to wonder if it would actually be a bad move. That's why I felt it was important for Mario to release Gattis and give Ponce a 3-4 game tryout as a play caller. It would have given Mario a lot more data for this upcoming OC candidate search.

But again, at this point it would be a public relations nightmare.

Advertisement
I'll be frank. If any of that is true about Ponce and Gattis nobody, including Mario, gets a pass

1. If Ponce simply checked out and did not perform his job, he should've been fired. Anyone else here able to not show up and keep cashing checks?

2. If he deemed Gattis unfit and not a team player he should've been fired mid season and Ponce handed the keys until the end.

3. If it's true, Mario should've sat their asses down to come to an understanding, at least for this season, and then assess year end changes. He might've done so. I hope so. And if he did, see 1 and 2

No excuse for putting up with any of that without repercussions.

Again, this is assuming these reports are true. I do not claim to know one way or another.

Hi Frank. 😎

You could also argue if he's that good of a recruiter to keep a class together with no change and the worst Miami program on field since the 70s, or ever, he could do as well selling staff changes.

It's a really difficult decision/position to be in that most of us can't even imagine. Just varying opinions on what we value in leadership.

We're getting bit deep into the hypothetical rabbit hole with that comment. lol.

The only thing I'll note with regard to recruiting is that the coaching staff cannot publicly mention a recruit's name but a former coach can be all over the marketplace running their mouth. Worth noting.

@SFbayCane I agree, but I have to wonder if Ponce has been OC in waiting this whole time. Why else would he take the QB coach job? Unless he was quietly fired? 🤷‍♂️

I'll be frank. If any of that is true about Ponce and Gattis nobody, including Mario, gets a pass

1. If Ponce simply checked out and did not perform his job, he should've been fired. Anyone else here able to not show up and keep cashing checks?

2. If he deemed Gattis unfit and not a team player he should've been fired mid season and Ponce handed the keys until the end.

3. If it's true, Mario should've sat their asses down to come to an understanding, at least for this season, and then assess year end changes. He might've done so. I hope so. And if he did, see 1 and 2

No excuse for putting up with any of that without repercussions.

Again, this is assuming these reports are true. I do not claim to know one way or another.
Surprisingly, Mario is very indecisive and risk adverse. Goes against his coaching persona, don’t you think?

Advertisement
@SFbayCane I agree, but I have to wonder if Ponce has been OC in waiting this whole time. Why else would he take the QB coach job? Unless he was quietly fired? 🤷‍♂️

Interesting thought but Im not seeing it.

If Ponce was the heir apparent, why would Mario have waited? Also, I think Ponce would have remained more engaged with the QB's than he was in the last few games. The most obvious guess is that UM Football is a total schitt show.

As for why he'd take the job, make note that Ponce is a south Florida guy. He's from Miami and coached here at the high school level.

We're getting bit deep into the hypothetical rabbit hole with that comment. lol.

The only thing I'll note with regard to recruiting is that the coaching staff cannot publicly mention a recruit's name but a former coach can be all over the marketplace running their mouth. Worth noting.

I feel ya. We'll leave it here.

Advertisement
And I'm sure he sprinkled in some check w/ me on those abomination plays. You know, to make sure the opponent defense caught what he did.
lol that definitely DID happen.

I know there was one play against FSU where the entire offense was set and waiting for the snap, except for Jacurri and the RB. They were the only two players checking the sidelines for the play. Once they got it, they didn't call the play to the rest of the offense.

So basically it was always going to be a run and the other 9 guys already knew they were blocking. Jacurri and the RB were just checking to see which one of them was getting the ball. FSU saw what was happening and stuffed the run.

Gattis might as well have gotten a microphone and shouted out "run" or "pass."

Why hasn’t he been fired? Coaches are being hired and fired all over America last night and today.

These new coaches are going to move quick to fill their staffs. Mario needs to let this bum go and get moving!

Why hasn’t he been fired? Coaches are being hired and fired all over America last night and today.

These new coaches are going to move quick to fill their staffs. Mario needs to let this bum go and get moving!
Mario takes 6 months to evaluate coaches. remember last offseason

Advertisement
Mario takes 6 months to evaluate coaches. remember last offseason

That **** ain’t going to work this time. Hopefully he has spent his last 4 weeks using back channels and agents to get something lined up!

You need meds

Advertisement
If Ponce was OC in waiting, then it's obvious he sabotaged Gattis. This is all hypothetical, but he taught the QBs nothing.

This would be a PR nightmare, but I have to wonder if it would actually be a bad move. That's why I felt it was important for Mario to release Gattis and give Ponce a 3-4 game tryout as a play caller. It would have given Mario a lot more data for this upcoming OC candidate search.

But again, at this point it would be a public relations nightmare.
Exactly. Gattis should have been **** canned weeks ago.

Would hate if Cincy made a move here. Dude is a Broyles winning up and comer, knows the Midwest, did what he could with a banged up squad this year.

This is gonna be my favorite Miami offseason of all time. I’m legit excited. Will be very entertaining
Actually last off season had my hopes high expecting an ACC championship and possibly better...never been this disappointed in our Hurricanes. No effort, super poor coaching, poor scouting and worse losing to a fired up MTSU...worse Hurricane loss ever even worse then the last historic Orange Bowl game against Va.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back