Josh Gattis (before its deleted)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mario ****ed up hiring him and not firing him mid season

He better be gone within the next 48 hours

Advertisement
In hindsight, it seems that Gattis inherited a fairly well-oiled machine at Michigan and even with what seems like a basic, conservative playbook, had enough talent and other coaching resources/support staff at Michigan to succeed.

Here, left to his own devices, he just totally flunked.

He's kind of like the Miami bro born with a silver spoon because mami and papi have a nice company who thinks he's big sh*t because he has a big salary and a nice title and then decides to become an entrepreneur and fails (only to run back to mami and papi).

221017-walker-mb-1149-5d3cf3.jpeg
same energy

Advertisement
Bubble screen on 3rd and 17 isn’t a good call?

I swear this dude just closes his eyes and points to a play

Ponce still should have been able to teach these QBs about pre-snap reads and progressions. That piece was absent all season. So either he couldn't teach them or he shut it down bc he deferred to Gattis to show them. Whatever the reason, it was difficult to watch some of the worst QB play in all of CFB this year.

I do not share that opinion, PSU. Take a look at what @Rickd posted above. This matches my understanding of the dynamic between Gattis and Ponce. (Quoted below for ease of reference.). If this is accurate, I kinda think that Ponce gets a pass for his lack of involvement this season. He likely knew that Gattis was incompetent long before we did.

It was reported by a couple of sites ... something like "Gattis and Ponce give the QB's different instructions ... have different ideas on how they should be working". Also been reported that Gattis has alienated the position coaches ... that would include Ponce. They aren't "working together" and the result seems that "they aren't working" period as Gattis cancels them out. Seems like Gattis is THE cancer in the offensive unit with the result that the offense is totally dysfunctional.

Advertisement
I do not share that opinion, PSU. Take a look at what @Rickd posted above. This matches my understanding of the dynamic between Gattis and Ponce. (Quoted below for ease of reference.). If this is accurate, I kinda think that Ponce gets a pass for his lack of involvement this season. He likely knew that Gattis was incompetent long before we did.

I'll be frank. If any of that is true about Ponce and Gattis nobody, including Mario, gets a pass

1. If Ponce simply checked out and did not perform his job, he should've been fired. Anyone else here able to not show up and keep cashing checks?

2. If he deemed Gattis unfit and not a team player he should've been fired mid season and Ponce handed the keys until the end.

3. If it's true, Mario should've sat their asses down to come to an understanding, at least for this season, and then assess year end changes. He might've done so. I hope so. And if he did, see 1 and 2

No excuse for putting up with any of that without repercussions.

Again, this is assuming these reports are true. I do not claim to know one way or another.

In hindsight, it seems that Gattis inherited a fairly well-oiled machine at Michigan and even with what seems like a basic, conservative playbook, had enough talent and other coaching resources/support staff at Michigan to succeed.

Here, left to his own devices, he just totally flunked.

He's kind of like the Miami bro born with a silver spoon because mami and papi have a nice company who thinks he's big sh*t because he has a big salary and a nice title and then decides to become an entrepreneur and fails (only to run back to mami and papi).
Except he was struggling at Michigan too until they brought in a co-oc last year

Advertisement
Worst offensive coordinator Ive ever seen in my life. There is simply nothing positive to say about his work this season. He never demonstrated any level of competency this season. Moreover, he showed a complete lack of understanding of how to structure a drive, how to call consecutive plays that build off the previous one, etc...

What I find the most disturbing about his performance this season is how he totally misused the Quarterbacks, specifically Jake Garcia. What Gattis did to Jake Garcia this season was criminal IMO. What we saw tonight was yet another example. Garcia was QB3 all week, which meant that he likely did not get any reps with the first team offense this week. Gattis went to Brown when TVD went down then put Garcia in with the ball on the one yard line. Unreal. Then Garcia comes out looking good in the 3rd quarter, completes three straight passes, gets two first downs and Gattis proceeds to pull him and put Brown in so he could hand it off. That's incompetence.

The ONLY reason Garcia looked so good in the 4th quarter is because Brown was injured. If Brown was available, Gattis would have pulled Garcia at least two more times and inserted Brown for whatever foolish reasons that swirl around in Gattis's low IQ head. Without the fear of being pulled for completing too many consecutive passes, Garcia was free to flourish, which he did. And yes, I never denied being the Conductor of the Jake Garcia hype train this season.

Not only did he hurt Garcia's development, he likely hurt Brown's as well. We know **** well that he hurt TVD's marketability. Josh Gattis destroyed an elite QB room within four months of being hired. That's incompetence.

Every hour that Gattis remains employed by UM is an hour that Mario is failing at his job. The clock is ticking.
He did the same thing in the duke game and I said the same thing. Brought brown in for his first snaps of the season when the ball was at his own one and played brown on 1st and 2nd to run then brought in Garcia to throw on 3rd and 12 or 15
He obviously should have been fired mid season but miamis top priority has always been to not stain the reputation of the bad coach, no problem though if the program looks like crap and it hurts recruiting.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Worst offensive coordinator Ive ever seen in my life. There is simply nothing positive to say about his work this season. He never demonstrated any level of competency this season. Moreover, he showed a complete lack of understanding of how to structure a drive, how to call consecutive plays that build off the previous one, etc...

What I find the most disturbing about his performance this season is how he totally misused the Quarterbacks, specifically Jake Garcia. What Gattis did to Jake Garcia this season was criminal IMO. What we saw tonight was yet another example. Garcia was QB3 all week, which meant that he likely did not get any reps with the first team offense this week. Gattis went to Brown when TVD went down then put Garcia in with the ball on the one yard line. Unreal. Then Garcia comes out looking good in the 3rd quarter, completes three straight passes, gets two first downs and Gattis proceeds to pull him and put Brown in so he could hand it off. That's incompetence.

The ONLY reason Garcia looked so good in the 4th quarter is because Brown was injured. If Brown was available, Gattis would have pulled Garcia at least two more times and inserted Brown for whatever foolish reasons that swirl around in Gattis's low IQ head. Without the fear of being pulled for completing too many consecutive passes, Garcia was free to flourish, which he did. And yes, I never denied being the Conductor of the Jake Garcia hype train this season.

Not only did he hurt Garcia's development, he likely hurt Brown's as well. We know **** well that he hurt TVD's marketability. Josh Gattis destroyed an elite QB room within four months of being hired. That's incompetence.

Every hour that Gattis remains employed by UM is an hour that Mario is failing at his job. The clock is ticking.

Wow!! Spot ******* on!

Get rid of this cabrón POS gattis!!
He’s horrible

If my read on the situation is correct, I think your anger at Ponce is misdirected. Ponce didnt seem to have all that much involvement in Gattis scheme. Im guessing Ponce wanted nothing to do with Gattis' garbage.

Again, the invisible hand will tell the tale. We'll see what the marketplace thinks of both of them if/when they take their next job.
None of that matters. What QB looked like he had ever played organized football before this season? This was worst looking decision making, mechanics, footwork than we ever had with Jon Richt. He had input because TVD discussed the 3 of them woeking together. And if he didn't have input he should be fired faster for being a Beta.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back